Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:58:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wycombe Wanderers  (Read 3258 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Wycombe Wanderers
« Reply #30 on July 14, 2020, 10:07:41 am by selby »
Majicman, I agree it is about putting the ball in the net, and really I  have hooted for them to win it, I like the underdog and although wanting Portsmouth to win itm just in case we had a clause on Marquis, the Wycombe manager held it over Robinson and the Fleetwood manager for me, two I just can't take to.
  But  Wycombe do not have more than a couple of players who are remotely championship standard, their antics off and on the ball will be punished against the bigger sides in that league who get the run of the ball against lesser sides as we found out, I expect them to pick up sending offs and bookings as many as they score goals.
  But good luck to them although I expect them to have a very hard time of it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 14, 2020, 10:31:24 am by ridgewoodrover »
As someone who enjoys the last man standing competition I know who I’ll be backing against next season.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 14, 2020, 11:44:41 am by bobbymax »
Congratulations to the big man and the Chairboys but, like everyone else, I fear it could be the high before a very long low.
They were a very average, one-dimensional League 1 team so just can't see them making any impact at all in the tier above.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 14, 2020, 11:55:58 am by Donnyjim »
if only Dave Penney had signed Akinfenwa - the rest could have been history. It was all done but Akinfenwa would not relocate and Penns wouldn't have it.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 14, 2020, 02:15:24 pm by Bezza »
They have got promotion with the lowest budget in the league, they deserve nothing but credit, well done great achievement,

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 14, 2020, 02:19:37 pm by DonnyNoel »
if only Dave Penney had signed Akinfenwa - the rest could have been history. It was all done but Akinfenwa would not relocate and Penns wouldn't have it.

This has definintely been a long standing belief of mine too. Our first season in L1 didn't we miss the play offs by a few points having drawn 11 home games? He could well have made the difference, not to mention the link he'd already formed with Blundell.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 14, 2020, 04:59:01 pm by GazLaz »
How many loanees did Wycombe have last night?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012