Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:40:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Why so quiet ??  (Read 6712 times)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
Re: Why so quiet ??
« Reply #30 on September 13, 2012, 03:06:26 pm by CusworthRovers »
You're all missing one vital point. The club saves money and is saving money whilst ever Copps is not here.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 13, 2012, 03:24:00 pm by DonnyNoel »
You're all missing one vital point. The club saves money and is saving money whilst ever Copps is not here.

No, I'm aware of that point thanks and there's nothing to suggest others aren't either. The point people are making, rightly or wrongly, is that some believed it was an "out then in" situation with Copps, not an "out for savings" (not that I'm suggesting it is that of course, we could genuinely have had 4/5 players all change their minds on us).

We'd save even more by playing you and me up front and letting a few more players go, then see what these type of threads would look like ;)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 13, 2012, 03:28:26 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The club's being sensible though, drag it out until that 3 months covers up to the end of Copps' loan.  We'd be stupid to go any longer because it's quite possible Copps could come back here in January then we have budget problems all over again, we can't go over the top of that and risk finances.  Equally, bear in mind that anyone who comes in won't get in the side right now IMO, it's not a bad first eleven, they'd be coming in for cover intially.  And as we've seen with our own players at own loan that isn't desirable.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 13, 2012, 03:29:13 pm by Chris »

We were told that we were not over-budget with Coppinger at the club. At that point cutting costs was not a priority.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on September 13, 2012, 03:32:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

We were told that we were not over-budget with Coppinger at the club. At that point cutting costs was not a priority.

You can never have too low a cost base.  Something I often say as a finance guy - you don't always have to max your budget.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 13, 2012, 03:45:14 pm by DonnyNoel »

You can never have too low a cost base.  Something I often say as a finance guy - you don't always have to max your budget.

True, and in fairness it doesn't read like Dean has been told he can't bring players in due to Copps only being out on loan. More like that he wanted to sign players with a view to a permananet move and the nature of Copps loan doesn't allow for that in case Copps returns and puts us over budget. Hence me wondering if theres now an opportunity to get a few Prem youngsters in who probably won't have an eye on a permanent move.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 13, 2012, 04:20:09 pm by Filo »

Correct, we were led to believe that when Copps went, 2 or 3 would come in, we were then told that because of the lateness of the Copps deal and the fact that we were en route to Yeovil we did n`t have the time to get any one in but the loan window would open a week later, Saunders even said he had players lined up. Now a week after the loan window re opened, there`s still no sign of the squad being strengthened and a deathly silence from the club, we`ve had no interaction with the fans, and all the ITK`ers have suddenly gone silent, it pains me to say it, but it looks like we`ve been misled all along!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 13, 2012, 04:34:09 pm by MachoMadness »

Correct, we were led to believe that when Copps went, 2 or 3 would come in, we were then told that because of the lateness of the Copps deal and the fact that we were en route to Yeovil we did n`t have the time to get any one in but the loan window would open a week later, Saunders even said he had players lined up. Now a week after the loan window re opened, there`s still no sign of the squad being strengthened and a deathly silence from the club, we`ve had no interaction with the fans, and all the ITK`ers have suddenly gone silent, it pains me to say it, but it looks like we`ve been misled all along!

Exactly my frustration. Maybe the club got a bit carried a way with the whole "connect with the fans" thing and made a bunch of promises they couldn't keep. We've been continually promised X and Y all summer long - that we'd have a competitive budget, that we had players lined up and waiting to come in when high earner left, that the budget cutting wouldn't be to the detriment of the playing side, that we wouldn't be selling anyone after a deadline to ensure we had a settled squad - it's hard to see how any of that is coming true at the moment. I understand things change in football and sometimes plans go wrong - which is why making public guarantees should be left for when something is, well, guaranteed!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on September 13, 2012, 06:30:57 pm by CusworthRovers »
My thoughts entirely. No point in believing too much these days. I believe that we're trying to save money these days. Personally I wasn't expecting any signings and then anything that happens is a bonus 

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 13, 2012, 09:09:34 pm by grayx »
So what happened to the 2 or 3 replacements we had lined up?

Why am I not surprised at this?

Can Silent Majority shed any light?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 14, 2012, 12:29:20 am by RoversAlias »
The club's being sensible though

Not in the sense of leaving us with literally 18 first team players. That is a disaster waiting to happen.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012