Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:45:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Genius  (Read 6638 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Genius
« on September 11, 2012, 02:24:49 pm by Chris Black come back »
Hope none of the little bas**rds leaves chewing gum on my usual seat.

From the Star today: http://www.thestar.co.uk/lifestyle/music/one-direction-louis-tomlinson-planning-home-town-charity-football-match-in-doncaster-1-4917622

Published on Tuesday 11 September 2012 12:52

ONE Direction star Louis Tomlinson is lining up a 15,000 capacity hometown show in South Yorkshire – on the football field!

The singer, born and bred in Doncaster, is finalising plans for a charity football match against a Doncaster Rovers side at the club’s Keepmoat Stadium. The club will be playing against the Three Horseshoes Sunday league team, which Louis bought earlier this year.

The game is expected to attract thousands of young One Direction fans from all over the country.

Louis said on Twitter: “Big news coming soon but all I can say is I’ll be playing football for Three Horseshoes against a Doncaster Rovers team, and it’s for charity.

“Will tell everyone the date and where to get tickets soon.”

Louis’ mum Johannah confirmed her son was having talks with Rovers about the plan and would be in Doncaster next week to sort out the details.

She said: “It is going to be in October, but Louis doesn’t want the date released yet. He wants to fill the stadium, because it is going to be for charity. They were originally trying to get a game against the reserve team, but now it looks like it may be against the main team.

“He may bring some of the other members of the group. He and Liam both love football and so does Niall.

“But I don’t think he wants to upset the people who usually play, by packing it full of celebrities.

“If the other group members don’t play, they may well be there to support him.”

Johanna said her son is a keen footballer who captained his junior team when he was a boy and played for Tickhill juniors.

“He used to play every Sunday and do training three times a week. He is really excited because this is a massive project for him and he still loves his football.

“He has never played football in a big stadium before and the fact it is in his home town, with some of his oldest friends from home, for charity, makes this as big as anything. He is quite sentimental about things like that. I think the stadium may be full of One Direction fans and I think it is likely it will never have seen so many females!”

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: Genius
« Reply #1 on September 11, 2012, 02:33:03 pm by wing commander »
 All for a bit of charity and all that and fair play to them but not sure i'm over enthused about our first team being subjected to a team of excited sunday league cloggers....

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 11, 2012, 02:39:25 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
lot better to raise money for club

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 11, 2012, 02:40:00 pm by Chris Black come back »
Funny if he got mown down by Jones and McCombe. Pitch invasion of 8000 teenage girls.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 11, 2012, 02:51:09 pm by newyankee »
Doubt it will be against the first team, could be the youth team or some past players who could make up a Rovers select.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 11, 2012, 03:10:55 pm by Wellred »
lot better to raise money for club

By hiring out the ground to him it will be raising money for the club now the stadium is ours!!!!

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 11, 2012, 03:30:01 pm by newyankee »
Not just the rent, think of 15,000 buying drinks and food, open the club shop and put some of their stuff on sale, we should then be able to sell Rovers stuff to other parts of the country!!! Thinks of Car park receipts as well, it could bring in more money than TWO first team home games, if it sells out. There are only a couple of weeks to October. I understand tgheir concerts sell out very quickly, but, this is not a concert.

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 11, 2012, 05:40:54 pm by adge »
wearing a manchester united shirt and has a girls haircut
what makes you think that i'm not a fan

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 12, 2012, 09:09:31 am by Alan_Rovers »
How much does it cost to hire a machine gun for two hours?

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 12, 2012, 10:11:44 am by keyser_soze »
isn't he a Leeds fan?

redrover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 12, 2012, 03:16:02 pm by redrover19 »
why october ??? get it in the summer out of the way

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 12, 2012, 07:41:29 pm by RedJ »
it's a Rovers XI so I'd expect Snodin and his ilk to be lining up

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #12 on September 12, 2012, 11:19:28 pm by DRFC MYERS »
I'd be fuming if any of the 1st team players risk getting injured to play against some hipster kid and his "pub team"

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 12, 2012, 11:31:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
I'd be fuming if any of the 1st team players risk getting injured to play against some hipster kid and his "pub team"

This is the funniest post for a long time! Well done Sir!Who under the age of 70 uses the words "hipster kis"? Solid gold.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 12, 2012, 11:37:14 pm by Mr1Croft »
I have my reservations for this, after hearing that another soldier from Doncaster has lost his life fighting for our country I would rather see us playing a charity match in the honour and Lee Davidson and others in our region who have made the ultimate sacrifice raising money for charities such as Help for Heroes rather than playing it for somebody that probably already has more wealth than the game will generate. Albeit for possibly a charity of his choice...

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 13, 2012, 06:18:57 am by Alan_Rovers »
Money talks and that little t**t has plenty.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 13, 2012, 08:20:58 am by Colin C No.3 »

This is the funniest post for a long time! Well done Sir!Who under the age of 70 uses e words "hipster kis"? Solid gold.
I hope they're not going to allow them to groove all over the pitch!

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #17 on September 13, 2012, 08:37:20 am by DRFC MYERS »

This is the funniest post for a long time! Well done Sir!Who under the age of 70 uses the words "hipster kis"? Solid gold.

I'll use appropriate terminology when it's needed. But I really do detest that kid and best thing is he is in that band and never seems like he sings. But if it's for the good of drfc I'm sure I can lock myself away for the day!

BillieJA

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 13, 2012, 08:42:34 am by BillieJA »
Just when you think it's all over, you find something else for people to complain about!

The kid has done well for himself, can't people just get over that? The band might not be to everyone's taste (I don't like them myself) but he's playing a game to raise money for charity, and in the process, no doubt filling the ground that Rovers have just taken over ownership of.

You wanted publicity? This is certainly it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 13, 2012, 10:18:13 am by Filo »
I can`t believe some of the comments on this thread, One Direction have a huge following of giddy teenage girls, if one of them wants to play a footy game at the KM against a bunch of Rovers retiree`s, why should n`t the club exploit that and make some cash for the club?

BillieJA

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 13, 2012, 10:33:02 am by BillieJA »
I can`t believe some of the comments on this thread, One Direction have a huge following of giddy teenage girls, if one of them wants to play a footy game at the KM against a bunch of Rovers retiree`s, why should n`t the club exploit that and make some cash for the club?

Exactly. People want the club to make money, a game involving a member of the band with the most publicity in the world is announced.....and surprise surprise there has to be something wrong with it.

So what if it's a Charity of his choice? There are plenty of deserving charities out there, not only one that certain people think is more important than others.

The kid in One Direction has made loads of money, so what? Good for him. A Doncaster lad done good. Oozes of jealousy on here!

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 13, 2012, 10:39:03 am by afro goal machine »
im pretty sure some middle ground could be found.
I for one loved the legends game the other year and meeting some of them after the game was awesome.
Im sure leo at centre half again would put louis on his arse for the lads !

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 13, 2012, 11:31:46 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Its just jealousy to be honest, a young lad who has worked hard and has beengiven the chance to be in a band on a reality tv show hasnt forgotten his roots even though it would be easy to do so.

This is great for Doncaster it will get people to the ground and it will bring in newer fans who dont go normally.

He isnt a Leeds fan i dont think, he was actually given a signed BS shirt last year as he invited him to a concert. He also used to work in the KMS kiosks when at school.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 13, 2012, 11:37:31 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He seems to be the one that hardly get's on pictures if it can be helped,he seems to be treated like the ginger one in Girl's Aloud,good luck to the kid,but none of his band can sing,unfortunately you don't have to these days,i'd pay to see someone like Gary Brabin in his prime put that Styles kid up in row X,now that would be worth the entrance fee :laugh:

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 13, 2012, 03:14:01 pm by CusworthRovers »
1000's and 1000's of kiddywinks all wanting pop, crisps and sweets, good publicity for the KM, publicity for Donny Rovers, a possible link forged with a lad that is becoming a massive name across the world....................yes agreed, what a terrible mistake DRFC

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 13, 2012, 03:30:32 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Not to mention it builds relationships.  Which could come in really handy if you want 15000 people in your venue for a concert at £50 a ticket next summer.....

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 13, 2012, 04:53:38 pm by afro goal machine »
been confirmed on real radio. Does anyone know the rovers line up ?
God i hope leo fortune-west is playing !

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 14, 2012, 10:07:36 am by MrFrost »
22nd October.
East Stand only by the sound of it. Tickets a fiver.

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #28 on September 14, 2012, 10:51:53 am by DRFC MYERS »
22nd October.

East stand only? What's the point of that. The whole thing everyone was saying is that we could get the full 15k :/

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 14, 2012, 10:53:54 am by MrFrost »
22nd October.

East stand only? What's the point of that. The whole thing everyone was saying is that we could get the full 15k :/

Just read the article on DRFC Facebook. Only specifies the East Stand.
Doesn't seem to specify what the charity is.

Sorry meant to quote not modify
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:25:45 am by Filo »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012