Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:35:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Genius  (Read 6640 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Genius
« Reply #30 on September 14, 2012, 11:26:25 am by Filo »
22nd October.
East Stand only by the sound of it. Tickets a fiver.

East stand only? What's the point of that. The whole thing everyone was saying is that we could get the full 15k :/

Just read the article on DRFC Facebook. Only specifies the East Stand.
Doesn't seem to specify what the charity is.

Sorry meant to quote not modify

Bluebell Wood

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 14, 2012, 03:53:52 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
East stand only from the start is a good idea, if it grows in size and demand increases then open up other areas - makes sense to me.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 14, 2012, 05:00:28 pm by jucyberry »
I love the 'if they fill the stadium' bit.....

Have you not read about the demented pre-pubscent girlies that follow these little boys? All lusting over the plain floppy haired Styles boy for some totally incomprehensible reason..

The ground will be packed five times over with desperate teens trying to see their idols.

The clamour for tickets will be enough to make grown men weep at the return to the usual seats half sold match days..

The nice thing is he wants to do something in his home town, so many want to forget their roots as soon as the fly the nest.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 05:24:32 pm by jucyberry »

pubteam

« Reply #33 on September 14, 2012, 05:22:04 pm by pubteam »
Seems to me like the club are doing more to promote this than they do for our actual home matches.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on September 14, 2012, 05:39:42 pm by RobTheRover »
I've met Louis (after he and some pals were playing 5-a-side on the pitches behind the KMS) and he seemed a really nice lad.  His sister apparently put it on twitter that he was there and before you knew it there were 400 girls hanging around.  He stayed behind for a couple of hours and had photos taken with them all individually.  He didnt have to, he could have just jumped in his car and buggered off.

Good luck to him, and I hope he raises a fortune for Bluebell Wood by doing this.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 14, 2012, 05:54:12 pm by Dagenham Rover »
East stand to start with others if needed, was the quote from Steve Uttley on Radio Sheffield yesterday

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 14, 2012, 06:01:12 pm by hoolahoop »
Bluebell wood Hospice.........a very worthwhile cause indeed. I can't see why some folk have a problem with this.  :unsure:

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 14, 2012, 06:29:15 pm by dknward2 »
His twitter posts about this have been retweeted by over 5,000 on one post and over 7,000 on another post. So I would expect around between 8-10,000

Would start with east stand, then west then south then finally the north

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 14, 2012, 06:37:02 pm by Mr1Croft »
I'm actually glad he is using a local charity, doing previous work for Blubell Wood Hospice when I was at school (they was our chosen charity) I understand that they rely on donations on a charity to continue in operation.

I still have my reservations as said earlier but I hope it is a success for the sake of the worthwhile cause and Rovers!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 14, 2012, 08:25:24 pm by RoversAlias »
I don't like One Direction or Louis Tomlinson but this is for charity, and whether it is a local charity or one we ourselves have never heard of that this is being done for it is still for a good cause. So fair play to anyone involved, and may get the club some good publicity on a wider scale.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012