Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:53:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: epic donny footballing heritage  (Read 5711 times)

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
epic donny footballing heritage
« on September 11, 2012, 11:21:26 pm by Herman Hessian »
a'right - it's a slow week with the international break, but here's some action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2QRnF1KtiM&t=13m40s

the tally ho - where the hell is (was) that ???

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Muttley

• VSC Member
Re: epic donny footballing heritage
« Reply #1 on September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm by Muttley »
The Tally Ho was in Adwick le Street, top of Lutterworth Drive (first pub as you came off the A1 at the A638/Wakefield Rd junction)

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 11, 2012, 11:34:21 pm by Herman Hessian »
ahhh right - was never happy venturing further north of the river than tattersfield - no wonder i've never heard of it  :P

Hag

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 12, 2012, 12:23:34 am by Hag »
Thats going back a bit, I recognise a couple of Woodlands lads in the crowd as well  :ermm:

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 12, 2012, 12:28:15 am by andysly »
Brilliant.
I remember indoor league
Was the Tally Ho a pick up/drop off point for away games?

Those haircuts were something else.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #5 on September 12, 2012, 05:36:50 am by GM-MarkB »
This was on ESPN Clasic last week....which I told you in a thread in Off Topic.....

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 12, 2012, 10:34:40 am by SkellowRover »
Bloody hell Frank Bowkett is looking young there lol. He's from down our way, i know his kids well as they're the same age as me. Tally Ho was a pub over the road from where the murco garage is in woodlands/adwick.
We used to have a table in the Bullcroft Hotel in the village and there were some good players.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 12, 2012, 11:15:39 am by Glyn_Wigley »
In these days where they're looking to make telly programmes cheaper and cheaper, I'm surprised this hasn't been revived. I'm sure a lot of these minor games would jump at the chance to get a bit of telly exposure.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 12, 2012, 01:43:22 pm by the vicar »
the program was stoped as there was fighting wetween lads from doncaster and lads from leeds the last year it was filmd

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 12, 2012, 05:26:04 pm by Sprotyrover »
The Tally Ho was in Adwick le Street, top of Lutterworth Drive (first pub as you came off the A1 at the A638/Wakefield Rd junction)

The Tally Ho was in Woodlands not Adwick! I remember that they used to have a 'Disco' on a Wednesday night, I recall getting off the bus and walking across the Car park at the front,there was a blue Ford Cortina MK3 which was bouncing up and down with the windows steamed up, me and my mates had a go at lifting the front end unfortunatley the hand brake must have slipped and it rolled across the car park into a bollard!!! I can still visuallise the 'hairy bottom' going up and down as it drifted serenly across the car park,then we realised the car belonged to some psychopath from Woodlands who could bear a grudge!!! me and my mates decided to give the Disco a miss and ran down Lutterworth to the Forresters Arms which is in Adwick!!!

Tha must have been the night that one of our infamous posters was concieved.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 05:28:48 pm by Sprotyrover »

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 12, 2012, 05:31:20 pm by auckleyflyer »
Frank Bowkett, fek me!! as a misty eyed teenager in the 80's i learnt everything i know on women, drinking, arguing, fighting and working from him during the hrs spent on the park club fishing bus.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 12, 2012, 05:51:20 pm by Sprotyrover »
Was John Kropacz the son of DOC Kropacz ?. She was reveered as a demi Godess in Woodlands and Highfields in the 60's/70's due to her propensity towards issuing sicknotes to the sick lame and lazy who queued up outside the surgery every Monday morning in their hundreds because they coudn't be arsed to turn in at Pit for Day shift after over indulging in beer over the preceeding weekend.

When you were genuinely ill and needed to see the Doctor this was not a good state of affairs, I often remember mother dragging us up there and asking who the Doctor was and the look on her face when told if it was either KROPACZS (glum) or Diamond (deep joy!!! he would'nt give you a sick note if you were dead)  :cool:

DadsleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 12, 2012, 08:48:56 pm by DadsleyRover »
I remember those two well and I used to play them in the Cleveland. That footage does not do them justice as that table is shite and I know because I was good at table footy and I have scored against them but did not beat them.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 13, 2012, 08:29:42 am by Colin C No.3 »
Our Uncle Wilf used to go into The Tally Ho straight from work on a Friday night, spend all his wages on ale, then go home & kick the shite out of his missus.

Never went in myself. Too full of 'dark memories'.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 13, 2012, 08:39:02 am by Sprotyrover »
Our Uncle Wilf used to go into The Tally Ho straight from work on a Friday night, spend all his wages on ale, then go home & kick the shite out of his missus.

Never went in myself. Too full of 'dark memories'.

Aye my mother a Pit widow always had a housefull on a Monday afternoon usually 5/6 women sporting black eyes and all telling a similar tale of woe "he came in pissed up and wasnt happy because his supper had gone dry in oven so he threw it at wall and beat seven bells out of me!"

(I leant a lot of my social skills during those times and thats why I am writing to you from my 'Pad' in the 'Scrubbs' today!!!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 13, 2012, 11:58:18 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Cracker that Sproty :laugh:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 13, 2012, 12:31:18 pm by ravenrover »

The Tally Ho was in Woodlands not Adwick! I remember that they used to have a 'Disco' on a Wednesday night, I recall getting off the bus and walking across the Car park at the front,there was a blue Ford Cortina MK3 which was bouncing up and down with the windows steamed up, me and my mates had a go at lifting the front end unfortunatley the hand brake must have slipped and it rolled across the car park into a bollard!!! I can still visuallise the 'hairy bottom' going up and down as it drifted serenly across the car park,then we realised the car belonged to some psychopath from Woodlands who could bear a grudge!!! me and my mates decided to give the Disco a miss and ran down Lutterworth to the Forresters Arms which is in Adwick!!!

Sorry Sproty the pub was in Adwick-le-Street I used to live on the estate at the side of it, Kingsley Road, and our address was Adwick-le-Street.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 13, 2012, 01:48:12 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Back to Uncle Wilf, he used to crawl home penniless, drooling, slowly dragging his sorry arse home & he lived in Woodlands.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 13, 2012, 10:23:37 pm by SkellowRover »

Sorry Sproty the pub was in Adwick-le-Street I used to live on the estate at the side of it, Kingsley Road, and our address was Adwick-le-Street.

Yep Tally Ho was in Adwick (I used to DJ there at weekends in the 90's). That side of the A638 upto the school is the adwick estate, all the other side of the A638 where the oval is down to the lake is woodlands and from windmill balk lane upto the highwayman.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012