Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:06:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chesterfield JPT Details  (Read 2425 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Chesterfield JPT Details
« on September 12, 2012, 04:51:23 pm by The Red Baron »
Note the earlier kick-off. As it happens I can't make this game anyway but if all our JPT games kick off at this time I'm going to be struggling to get to any of them.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Round 2

Doncaster Rovers v Chesterfield

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Kick Off 19:00

Ticket Information

Tickets will be on sale as follows:

From Thursday 20th September (Season Ticket Holders seats will be reserved for one week, all other seats on general sale)

From Monday 1st October – all seats released on general sale

2012/13 Season Match Day Pricing Structure – Johnstones Paint Trophy

Cup Direct will apply and tickets will be posted to customers from Thursday 20th Sept.

Seating            Seating

Category A      Category B

Adult                           £10                   £10

Concession*                £10                   £10

Junior 12-16                £1                     £1

11 & Under                  £1                     £1

*Concessions are Seniors 60+, Young Adults 17yrs – 20yrs, and Disabled (ambulant / wheelchair) (claiming Higher Rate Mobility - Proof required).

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Chesterfield JPT Details
« Reply #1 on September 12, 2012, 05:00:44 pm by Filo »
I wonder why the Kick off is so early?

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 12, 2012, 05:05:24 pm by DonnyRTID »
Maybe they want more families & youngsters to attend, it only being quid a kid.  :rtid:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 12, 2012, 05:25:38 pm by RoversAlias »
Apparently some games in the First Round of the JPT kicked off at 7pm so must just be a thing for the competition this year.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 12, 2012, 05:33:39 pm by Mr1Croft »
I guess they could be using it to trial the early kick offs to see if 45 minutes makes a difference regarding attendance?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 12, 2012, 05:36:17 pm by Filo »
I guess they could be using it to trial the early kick offs to see if 45 minutes makes a difference regarding attendance?

Probably not, it does n`t give folk much time to get home from work and get ready for the match

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 12, 2012, 06:29:46 pm by RoversAlias »
No, in fact I know one person who finishes work at 7pm so makes all our home night matches, but now can't come to this one even though he had already asked me to get him a ticket.

It's going to be odd watching a live football game from 7pm.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 12, 2012, 06:39:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's a common thing in the JPT has been for a few years, worth a go to be fair.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 12, 2012, 09:42:46 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Right not stirring or anything
The info on DROS
Tickets will be on sale as follows:
From Thursday 20th September (Season Ticket Holders seats will be reserved for one week, all other seats on general sale)

For petes sake get the act together is it or isn't it

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 12, 2012, 11:04:11 pm by silent majority »

That's exactly it, the club are looking at the family attendance and hope that an earlier kick-off encourages more kids to turn up. Statistically we know that evening kick off's disenfranchise the younger element, hopefully we can experiment with this game and see if it helps.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 12, 2012, 11:06:04 pm by Mr1Croft »
I was just going to make that assumption S_M, this sounds like a motive for families, the game will be over for 9pm, and that includes if it goes to penalties probably...

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #11 on September 12, 2012, 11:07:51 pm by DRFC MYERS »
I'm not working it so for £10 may be up for it

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 13, 2012, 01:19:28 pm by drfcsteve »
This is such a stupid idea, who's gonna take the kids if all the adults are still at work? Most people don't finish till half 5/6, then most will want to travel home and have some food before heading back out to the stadium, there simply isn't enough time if kick offs at 7.

Has anyone even thought about the away attendance? How is this going to give the Chesterfield fans enough time to get here? Ridiculous.

On a positive note a tenner is a good price, just a shame the majority of people won't be able to go unless they've got the day off or finish early.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 13, 2012, 11:27:48 pm by silent majority »
This has been done by other clubs, we won't be the first, and the response from those clubs is that this does work.

If we don't try we won't know.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 14, 2012, 08:15:30 am by drfcsteve »
But once again the club isn't thinking about it's loyal fans, many of whom won't be able to attend now, in favour of making it more attractive to kids, who will be paying £1. Genius!

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 14, 2012, 08:39:55 am by DonnyRTID »
I work in Leeds, finish work at 19.00 but still manage to get to night games. Give it a rest!  :rtid:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 14, 2012, 08:53:35 am by silent majority »
But once again the club isn't thinking about it's loyal fans, many of whom won't be able to attend now, in favour of making it more attractive to kids, who will be paying £1. Genius!

This is a joke right? A one off game, starting 45 minutes early, designed to attract a bigger audience and you're accusing the club of not thinking about its loyal fans?

In the 'In Rovers We Trust' survey quite a few of our loyal fans stated that they couldn't get to night games because of the late finish and the lack of public transport. Why is it that loyal fans all finish work late and need a 7.45 kick off? Are you sure about that?

Your just using another stick to beat the club with.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 14, 2012, 09:12:38 am by The Red Baron »
As a one-off, I don't have a problem with the decision. However, if the club was to permenently move kick-off times for all evening games earlier, it would make it more difficult for exiles like me. It would probably mean it wasn't worth my while having a season ticket, for instance.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 14, 2012, 10:20:32 am by silent majority »
As a one-off, I don't have a problem with the decision. However, if the club was to permenently move kick-off times for all evening games earlier, it would make it more difficult for exiles like me. It would probably mean it wasn't worth my while having a season ticket, for instance.

No I appreciate that, and there is no suggestion that they would do so. Other clubs haven't done it and neither would Doncaster, its just an experiment so the effects and responses can be measured. The theory is that this game will be one of the lowest in terms of attendance this season, so if the club do affect some of our loyal support it will hopefully be a small minority.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 14, 2012, 01:54:56 pm by Muttley »
But how DO you measure it, given that it's a one-off?

What's the benchmark?

There may be more kids in attendance, but is that down to the attractive price or the early kick-off?

PS Years ago, night matches used to kick of at 7.30 - why did it change to 7.45?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 15, 2012, 11:19:50 am by RobTheRover »
Maybe 7.30 will prove to be the happy medium?   

I think the 7.45 move came about with live matches on tv. TV companies could still squeeze Corrie in,  have some adverts,  have a ten minute build up,  a few more adverts,  then the game.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 15, 2012, 11:45:36 am by Mr1Croft »
Emmerdale Rob, Corrie doesn't usually start while 7:30 at the earliest...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012