Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:58:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Martis Recovery and Mal  (Read 4576 times)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Martis Recovery and Mal
« on September 13, 2012, 10:54:30 am by jonnydog »
http://www.goolecourier.co.uk/sport/local-sport/doncaster-rovers-mal-purchase-s-road-to-recovery-1-4923431

Martis back to FULL fitness  :clapping:

Decent interview with Mal Purchase who I feel hasn't had as much credit as he deserves, the injuries have severely reduced since he came here and long may that continue.

:rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Martis Recovery and Mal
« Reply #1 on September 13, 2012, 11:26:33 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It will be good see him back in action,a quality player if kept fit,and a definite starter when he get's full match fitness,good news :scarf:

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 13, 2012, 03:17:14 pm by Red wizard »
Agreed. Mal seems to be getting, keeping them all in shape. I know M Woods likes him.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 13, 2012, 03:28:57 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
If Martis stays fit that negates our need for a centre half in on loan, it's important.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 13, 2012, 03:45:23 pm by Chris »
I thought he was a solid Championship centre-back when he was fit. We may need to be patient with him due to his recent injury nightmare but if we are patient we will be rewarded.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 13, 2012, 06:38:24 pm by CusworthRovers »
Agreed. Shelts is wrongly criticised too much on here. He's a half decent Championship CH and should eat L1, if and when free of injuries.

He will be like a new signing IMO

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 13, 2012, 08:56:04 pm by steve@dcfd »
It will be Mal job to get players like Shelton and Martin Wood fit as possible so the club can if possible move them on. Dean as told radio Sheffield inthe lead up to the Colchester game that the club is struggling financially and he knows that some of the big earners might still have to be moved on? This year is to dig in and do the best we can.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19527983

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 14, 2012, 12:02:07 am by Alan_Rovers »
If Martis stays fit that negates our need for a centre half in on loan, it's important.

How does it. Martis will still be shit.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 14, 2012, 12:39:28 am by RoversAlias »
You really do contribute utterly nothing worthwhile to this forum do you?

Looking forward to seeing Shelts get a run in the team again if (and hopefully when) he can stay fit.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 14, 2012, 03:15:15 am by Mr1Croft »
I agree Alias, but the problem is that he has been out for so long will he ever be as good as he was? Look at Martin Woods, the guy is struggling in the same positioned he captained us only a few seasons before in a higher level...

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 14, 2012, 10:26:58 am by Colin C No.3 »
He's struggling because he's no longer 'surrounded' by quality players.

He took a long while to understand the role & type of play SOD wanted from him, having spent his career as an out & out right side midfielder. Now he has that experience under his belt, he really ought now to be able to dictate games. He has the ability to play a long pass, but it's his vision in games that needs to shine through & make a real difference to how the games pan out.

He's the big fish in the pond now. Let's hope he has the mentallity to realise it & show he has the ability etc. to grasp a game by the neck.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 14, 2012, 06:51:15 pm by Capmeister »
Shelton Martis.....................staying fit..........................pigs'll fly long before that happens! Remember there's fit and match fit. Two different animals. That said I wish him well

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 14, 2012, 11:03:41 pm by Alan_Rovers »

Looking forward to seeing Shelts get a run in the team again if (and hopefully when) he can stay fit.

So you think because he is fit again he is magically going to turn into a decent player.

Not a chance. Martis has never had a good game for us.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 15, 2012, 03:06:28 am by RoversAlias »

So you think because he is fit again he is magically going to turn into a decent player.

Not a chance. Martis has never had a good game for us.

He already is a decent player. Sorry that you think he is just 'shit' but I have seen him have decent games for us, he is an experienced player with presence and ability. His main problem is injury proneness and he does tend to be inconsistent but I like him as a player and think he is a useful member of the team when fit.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 15, 2012, 08:37:58 am by Chris Black come back »
His contract is up in the summer.

whisky

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 15, 2012, 08:53:43 am by whisky »
A fully fit Martis could get a game for any team in League 1 as well as quite a few Championship teams. It's a shame that we have never seen the best of him but I hope for both us and him that he can stay fit and prove himself.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 15, 2012, 09:45:59 am by Red wizard »
A fully fit Martis could get a game for any team in League 1 as well as quite a few Championship teams. It's a shame that we have never seen the best of him but I hope for both us and him that he can stay fit and prove himself.
I agree. I don't get the Martis is shit crew. He is a half decent cb imo who if he can stay fit could be a big player for us. Lets see how he goes now we know what is causing him to be injured all the time. Deano said at the agm he had one legg longer than the other and we are shimming his boots up. LOL.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 15, 2012, 07:59:56 pm by mjg »
if he is fit show him the door , he's a high earner so take the chance before he is injuresd again . free transfer please

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 15, 2012, 08:32:07 pm by MachoMadness »
He is, potentially, a solid defender at Championship level. He's even played in the Premier League, and you have to have something about you to do that these days. However he hasn't been properly fit in about 2 years now, and you have to draw a line somewhere. Is what he gives to the club when fit worth the time and money spent on him when he's injured? I don't think anyone could say that it is.

It's harsh, but we can't be sentimental when working within our budget. If you can't stay fit, you can't play football for a living, whether it's your fault or not. Simple as that.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 15, 2012, 08:57:25 pm by hoolahoop »
Just how many more players do we have to shed until we reach our annual budget of 10/6 (old money for you young'uns). My heart bleeds , we lose player after player after player when does this stop  ?  :unsure: :crying:

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 15, 2012, 09:20:51 pm by BigH »
Ahem, you may not have noticed but we won today. Our first team can compete and win games at this level. We have half a dozen worthy subs on the bench. Where has it all gone wrong?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 15, 2012, 09:26:49 pm by hoolahoop »
Ahem, you may not have noticed but we won today. Our first team can compete and win games at this level. We have half a dozen worthy subs on the bench. Where has it all gone wrong?

That's the reason we can't afford to keep shedding players and yes I did notice the great win today BigH and I want to give our team the chance to continue in that vein.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 15, 2012, 09:31:30 pm by Red wizard »
Just how many more players do we have to shed until we reach our annual budget of 10/6 (old money for you young'uns). My heart bleeds , we lose player after player after player when does this stop  ?  :unsure: :crying:
It stops Hoola when Deano gets down to only the player he wants. Imo all them who are left now he wants hence the loan bid for Woods turned down.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 15, 2012, 09:44:07 pm by hoolahoop »
It stops Hoola when Deano gets down to only the player he wants. Imo all them who are left now he wants hence the loan bid for Woods turned down.

Great then , only there was a suggestion earlier in the thread that DS needed to 'trim' the payroll further.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 15, 2012, 10:19:18 pm by Red wizard »
I think for him to get to a 20-21 man squad he may well need to. But having a small squad isn't as bad as some make out imo. There is no unhappy players who are not playing for a start. Hubby can play in a few positions as can Hume so we do have cover. Just need Shelts to stay fit.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 15, 2012, 10:36:34 pm by jonnydog »
Did he feature today at all?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 15, 2012, 10:38:19 pm by dickos1 »
On the bench mate, didn't get on

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 15, 2012, 11:56:34 pm by jonnydog »
Still good to have him back, I know some have joked about him (myself included!), but just hope he stays fit and gets back to doing what he has proven in the past that he can do very well!

COYR

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 16, 2012, 12:29:49 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Too good for this level.

Exceptional defender on his day who can bully forwards

TinyPortal © 2005-2012