Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:08:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The futures bright?  (Read 7556 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
The futures bright?
« on September 13, 2012, 09:44:30 pm by Donnyjim »
On twitter at the Retford agm. Dean "we have no debt, we run the stadium and the budget is under control. A good position which meant we've turned bids down"

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris

• Forum Member
Re: The futures bright?
« Reply #1 on September 13, 2012, 11:35:34 pm by Chris »
Cool. Probably not true.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 13, 2012, 11:59:43 pm by Alan_Rovers »
So we turned down bids for Sharp, Stock, Friend and Coppinger did we?

Did we sell Sharp to Southampton or Dick Turpin? They robbed us at getting him for only just over a million.

O'Driscoll mut have piddled his pants when he saw us do that.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 14, 2012, 12:37:38 am by RoversAlias »
Shut up Alan, honestly. He's clearly referring to players still here, case in point Kyle Bennett who we know a bid was turned down by the club.

pubteam

« Reply #4 on September 14, 2012, 01:20:58 am by pubteam »

Did we sell Sharp to Southampton or Dick Turpin? They robbed us at getting him for only just over a million.

Yeah. He must have. But if he did, I'm sure he must have completely forgotten that there was a clause in the contract that he had a hand in offering to Billy.

And he must have forgotten that Billy probably wouldn't have joined us in the first place without that clause.

And he must have forgotten how many times a similar thing happened to him when he was manager of AFC Bournemouth.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 14, 2012, 03:10:26 am by MachoMadness »
In fairness, Alan does have a point re Sharp, even if it's largely irrelevant to the thread. I'm not bothered by the minimum fee release clause, although it was criminally low. What still bugs me about the deal though was that we turned down £3m from Saints literally a month earlier, knowing he could walk for half that in a month's time.

At least we didn't sell him to Ipswich and Paul f**king Jewell, though.

pubteam

« Reply #6 on September 14, 2012, 11:09:12 am by pubteam »
In fairness, Alan does have a point re Sharp, even if it's largely irrelevant to the thread. I'm not bothered by the minimum fee release clause, although it was criminally low. What still bugs me about the deal though was that we turned down £3m from Saints literally a month earlier, knowing he could walk for half that in a month's time.

At least we didn't sell him to Ipswich and Paul f**king Jewell, though.

We accepted a bid (reportedly of over £3m) from Southampton for Sharp last summer, but he rejected the chance to move at that time.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 14, 2012, 11:33:10 am by Bessie Red »
According to the Star today we also turned down an approach from our six fingered friends to take Martin Woods on loan. Not sure if thats a good thing or not!!

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 14, 2012, 12:11:13 pm by scuzzer »
Yep we fight tooth and nail to keep Bennett, Woods even Keegan FFS, but it's off ya go for peanuts to Billy, Copps, JoC, Friend, Stock and the rest!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 14, 2012, 12:38:14 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
You're in a different world to me if you think what we got for them is peanuts.....

What's the alternative, keep aging players or players that don't want to be here on money we can't afford?  If you'd prefer that then can you please provide a realistic solution as to where the money will come from?

JayBaker

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 14, 2012, 01:38:33 pm by JayBaker »
You're in a different world to me if you think what we got for them is peanuts.....

What's the alternative, keep aging players or players that don't want to be here on money we can't afford?  If you'd prefer that then can you please provide a realistic solution as to where the money will come from?

Much more of this kind of realism please, and fewer comments posted purely to be antagonistic, or those feeding such remarks by giving them attention and wasting a thread on trolls. Let's get along, we're all Rovers fans and we can't envy those running the club. Let's get behind them!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 14, 2012, 03:01:17 pm by Chris »
Yesterday Dean Saunders also said "we are struggling financially. We've cut the budget by 70% and I know that some of the bigger earners might still have to be moved on". Doesn't sound like we're in such a "good position".

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 14, 2012, 03:47:39 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Get real we get watched by one man and a dog .....

Have to cut your cloth FFS

Do you want us to be another Pompey?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 14, 2012, 03:52:21 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Yesterday Dean Saunders also said "we are struggling financially. We've cut the budget by 70% and I know that some of the bigger earners might still have to be moved on". Doesn't sound like we're in such a "good position".

But then equally he said we're debt free last night.  The impression I get is to be in line with budgeted amounts and to become financially sustainable we're a bit off, but overall the finances are good.  Though if you compare us to most other clubs I bet we look like we're very prudent.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 15, 2012, 08:34:17 am by RobTheRover »

Much more of this kind of realism please, and fewer comments posted purely to be antagonistic, or those feeding such remarks by giving them attention and wasting a thread on trolls. Let's get along, we're all Rovers fans and we can't envy those running the club. Let's get behind them!

Aye,  we're all Rovers aren't we?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 15, 2012, 08:57:54 am by Muttley »
"No debt"?

So have the £4.8m of loans that were on the Balance Sheet at 31st May 2011 now been repaid?  :whistle:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 15, 2012, 09:16:03 am by silent majority »
"No debt"?

So have the £4.8m of loans that were on the Balance Sheet at 31st May 2011 now been repaid?  :whistle:

Converted into shares, in other words written off.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 15, 2012, 09:34:40 am by Muttley »
"No debt"?

Good news.

So who is the big new shareholder?

Of that £4.8m, £3.9m were loans from directors and £0.9m were from "others" - have those loans also been converted to shares?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 15, 2012, 09:37:22 am by silent majority »
"No debt"?

Good news.

Of that £4.8m, £3.9m were loans from directors and £0.9m were from "others" - have those loans also been converted to shares?

There is no new big shareholder.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 15, 2012, 09:49:30 am by Muttley »
"No debt"?

Good news.

So those loans haven't been repaid?

Or were they actually director loans in the first place and wrongly categorised in the Annual Report?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 15, 2012, 09:55:03 am by silent majority »
"No debt"?

Good news.

Or were they actually director loans in the first place and wrongly categorised in the Annual Report?

Que?

I've just said the loans were converted to shares therefore being written off.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 15, 2012, 09:58:30 am by dumbroofer »
"No debt"?

Good news.

Que?

even i got that one martin

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 15, 2012, 10:04:30 am by Muttley »
"No debt"?

Good news.

Que?

OK, in simple terms...

In the 31/5/2011 accounts there were £4.8m of loans.

Of this, £3.9m were categorised as being loans from directors (it's a requirement to disclose director loans)

Therefore, £0.9m were loans from non-directors.

You say that the loans have not been repaid, but have been converted into shares.

Therefore there are one or more new shareholders (unless, as I suggested, the £0.8m of loans were actually director loans in the first place).

If there are new shareholders, it would be interesting to know who they are (of course I accept that it is also none of my business if they wish to remain anonymous).

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 15, 2012, 10:10:20 am by silent majority »
Well I know two things (at least I was told this, I haven't verified it and won't until the next accounts are released)

One, the loans were converted to shares,

Two, the VSC is a shareholder and we have to be informed if any major shareholder arrives

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 15, 2012, 10:25:35 am by Muttley »
Looks like we'll just have to wait for the next accounts then.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 15, 2012, 02:27:02 pm by graingrover »
There are posters on this thread who are either here to destroy any thing positive that is said about Rovers or are just so impoverished of success in their own lives .....the thread started out with an extremely positive statement from DS and has ended up n reminding me that until VSC has a VSC only website to rid us of these hangers on it will always struggle to increase membership beyond a couple of hundred . Let the likes of Chris create his own moan site and it will soon attract all the other moaners and maybe other onlookers will recognise this site as the best way to invest in supporting Rovers . Meanwhile despite all the best efforts of Silent Majority and co I have withdrawn my financial support and put it through other channels to the club .     

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 15, 2012, 02:48:51 pm by SkellowRover »
"No debt"?

What about the money that was owed to former directors?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 15, 2012, 03:51:08 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Paid off by current directors?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 15, 2012, 04:29:03 pm by silent majority »
"No debt"?

How many more times do we have to say this, the club is debt free!!! That means it doesn't owe any money. We've had this conversation before Skellow, if TB, DW and JR loan money to a club owned by TB, DW and JR who do you think pays them back???

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 15, 2012, 04:55:27 pm by SkellowRover »
"No debt"?

How many more times do we have to say this, the club is debt free!!! That means it doesn't owe any money. We've had this conversation before Skellow, if TB, DW and JR loan money to a club owned by TB, DW and JR who do you think pays them back???

I said former directors who loaned money to the club not JR or the KM2. Have those loans been repaid then because they were owed a 6 figure sums in total?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012