Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:48:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jonathan Maxted  (Read 3928 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Jonathan Maxted
« on September 14, 2012, 10:20:28 am by The Red Baron »
http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/vikings-borrow-maxted-16177/

Loaned to Goole AFC for a month.

Former youth team skipper Brett Lucas is now playing for Goole.

All five of the young lads are now loaned out:

Wakefield- Bradford PA
Ball- Belper Town
McCormick- Frickley Athletic
Mullen- Marine FC

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: Jonathan Maxted
« Reply #1 on September 14, 2012, 11:06:03 pm by Alan_Rovers »
So much for the youth team being brilliant. Those teams are about the same level that Brad Grayson was at last season and SO'D got rid of him.

Does Saunders have a clue?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 14, 2012, 11:07:18 pm by Mr1Croft »
Great news;

I'm going down to see Goole tomorrow, there managed by my Uncle John Reed (former manager of Denaby, Buxton, Hatfield Main, Harrogate Railway and Staleybridge)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 15, 2012, 02:30:10 am by Not Now Kato »
So much for the youth team being brilliant. Those teams are about the same level that Brad Grayson was at last season and SO'D got rid of him.

Do you?

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 15, 2012, 12:56:12 pm by roverstillidie91 »
You will get the odd player that you release that may come good, happens to all clubs

Wheres grayson now ? Non-league ?

Probably wasn't good enough

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 15, 2012, 01:25:23 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Brad Grayson would have been offered a contract for his ability. It was a completely different reason why he wasn't.

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 15, 2012, 02:06:51 pm by Guernsey Exile »
@Frickley now.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 15, 2012, 02:34:45 pm by Mr1Croft »
At Goole now, Maxted is starting.

donnygav93

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 15, 2012, 03:04:13 pm by donnygav93 »
i thought Brad Grayson was at matlock town

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 15, 2012, 03:07:19 pm by DonnyOsmond »
He's at Matlock.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 15, 2012, 05:24:14 pm by glosterred »
Did Sully hurt himself today - If so do we have the right to recall him?

COYR

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 15, 2012, 05:53:57 pm by Mr1Croft »
Maxted had a fine game today, they drew 1-1 with a team near the top of the table (while Goole have only won one game all season).

He looked very commanding of his area and every ball he came for he claimed, he always looked comfortable when he jumped to catch the ball and always won it. When he decided to punch it he put some force behind it and punched it well clear of his area.

His kicking is also top notch, when under pressure after a couple of pass backs he still managed to kick it right up the field.

He couldn't be blamed for the goal either, the player was through on the left side of the goal and sliced it towards the right and straight across Maxted who was always going to struggle from there when he was rushing out to close him down. Apart from that he made some key saves in the game and some which I thought was beyond him.

Spoke to him after the game (came into the club house in Rovers training gear) and he is a friendly young lad and was more than happy to have a picture taken with my younger brother.

Although it is hard to judge on one game, I would say he has a bright future.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 15, 2012, 06:31:15 pm by RoversAlias »
Encouraging signs Lee, I would love it if we could groom a youth team keeper to become our long-term number one some day, it doesn't happen often that.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 15, 2012, 07:35:00 pm by Sprotyrover »
Maxted had a fine game today, they drew 1-1 with a team near the top of the table (while Goole have only won one game all season).

He looked very commanding of his area and every ball he came for he claimed, he always looked comfortable when he jumped to catch the ball and always won it. When he decided to punch it he put some force behind it and punched it well clear of his area.

His kicking is also top notch, when under pressure after a couple of pass backs he still managed to kick it right up the field.

He couldn't be blamed for the goal either, the player was through on the left side of the goal and sliced it towards the right and straight across Maxted who was always going to struggle from there when he was rushing out to close him down. Apart from that he made some key saves in the game and some which I thought was beyond him.

Spoke to him after the game (came into the club house in Rovers training gear) and he is a friendly young lad and was more than happy to have a picture taken with my younger brother.

Did David Taylor play for Goole? he is a Sprotbrough lad,started at Derby 3 years ago got the boot,had 6 months at Barnsley academy ,got the boot, had a Season at Buxton, got the boot and is now at Goole, good little player by all acounts but his size goes against him.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 15, 2012, 08:12:26 pm by Mr1Croft »
I do have a team sheet somewhere, there was 2 small lads in Left Back and Left Midfield.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 15, 2012, 08:18:34 pm by Sprotyrover »
I do have a team sheet somewhere, there was 2 small lads in Left Back and Left Midfield.

He's a midfielder his dad always made him play on left although he was right footed. Mcindo's dad should have done that with him. by the wat who was that lad who played for us in conference who would only kick ball with his left foot, i think he was on loan from liverpool?

redrover10

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 15, 2012, 10:05:01 pm by redrover10 »
Your thinking of Martin woods arnt you

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 16, 2012, 08:24:25 am by DRFCSouth »
Its a pity we cant loan the young lads out to a standard above where they are currently loaned, i.e conference or even above

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 16, 2012, 08:50:08 am by Not Now Kato »
Its a pity we cant loan the young lads out to a standard above where they are currently loaned, i.e conference or even above

Not sure I agree here.  At the level they are now at they are gaining both match fitness and, more importantly, confidence.  Better to excel at their current level than struggle at a higher one.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 16, 2012, 08:59:45 am by DRFCSouth »

Not sure I agree here.  At the level they are now at they are gaining both match fitness and, more importantly, confidence.  Better to excel at their current level than struggle at a higher one.

I agree in the sense of match fitness and confidence. I just wish these lads would get more exposure to a standard that would be more on a level to what they can expect should they make the first team. If they don't get a taste of a similar standard how can they hope to stand up to the challenges when given a chance?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 16, 2012, 09:10:19 am by Not Now Kato »

I agree in the sense of match fitness and confidence. I just wish these lads would get more exposure to a standard that would be more on a level to what they can expect should they make the first team. If they don't get a taste of a similar standard how can they hope to stand up to the challenges when given a chance?

By starting at the bottom and working their way up, as they are doing now. By excelling at their current level and gaining match fitness and confidence there's no reason why they can't be loaned out to a higher level later when they're better prepared for it.

Where they are at now is certainly tougher than the youth level they were at before.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 16, 2012, 09:14:34 am by Wellred »

Alan. Can I ask why you post on here?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 16, 2012, 02:29:25 pm by Mr1Croft »

Did David Taylor play for Goole? he is a Sprotbrough lad,started at Derby 3 years ago got the boot,had 6 months at Barnsley academy ,got the boot, had a Season at Buxton, got the boot and is now at Goole, good little player by all acounts but his size goes against him.

Just cheked, Taylor played LB, small lad with a bit of pace and had a decent game...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012