Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:09:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A grand day out  (Read 1959 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
A grand day out
« on September 16, 2012, 07:44:40 am by Donnywolf »
Leaving aside the result I was impressed by this day out and several things appealed

First the weather helped but at the front of the Stadium CUFC provided pre game entertainment in the form of a Group.

Mini Rugby ? was also taking place but also there were lots of Tables Chairs and Sunbrellas for people to sit and have a drink at.

Beer Wine and other drinks could be bought at a Bar outside the Ground AND they had the Stadium Doors open and people could go inside to a well stocked Bar and but "real" Ale and anything else they wanted

Inside when the game got going a local Bookie was in attendance in the Away end and this stayed open for 15 minutes after the game to allow away fans to collect their winnings .....and the Tea Bar was large and had good staffing levels and so no long long queues

Finally another point we did to death recently. At Half Time the Stewards again opened the doors into a compound to allow about 30 or so Smokers out for a Fag break. Brilliant idea even though I dont smoke

All in all I would say 10/10 for the above effort

PS I have run out of time ... forgot to say the Peter Shilton soaking at Half Time was brilliant... someone please post the details

11/10 !
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 07:47:29 am by DONNYWOLF »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Re: A grand day out
« Reply #1 on September 16, 2012, 08:42:12 am by Not Now Kato »
Fully agree, great hospitality and atmosphere.  We should be looking to do something similar at the Keepmoat, I'm sure it would bring in extra revenue.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 16, 2012, 09:16:42 am by Donnywolf »
The weather deffo helped without a doubt - as it felt like the first day of a Season

However we could learn as you say from some of the hospitality / ideas etc employed by CUFC

I did not mention this above but the Group - Bar etc all took place at the Home end with Away fans allowed to wander about and to the inside bar until about 14.30. I feel attendances would rise (weather permitting) if most games could be like this

Smoking at HT again was controlled by the Stewards with a roped off section. That was a good idea too that could be employed at "home"

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 16, 2012, 09:23:29 am by normal rules »
i was stood talking to paul mayfield pre match and the band thing is going to be looked into for the belle vue bar. there are a couple of lads with bands who support rovers. watch this space.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 16, 2012, 11:02:58 am by silent majority »
All of these options are in the melting pot so to speak as part of the 'In Rovers We Trust' programme. We are trying as fast as we can to implement all of these ideas but as has been stated on here a few times we have only just taken control of the stadium so these things are only just becoming possible. Some of the things we need to do require money, some better organisation and some need authorisation, changes of timetables etc et

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 16, 2012, 11:14:20 am by Red wizard »
They also had one of the fridge barrow things full of bottled larger,cider outside so the smokers could get a beer. Sold a lot as well. But yeah it was a very good day out. Loved the band.

DRFC.drummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 16, 2012, 03:54:24 pm by DRFC.drummer »
it was one of the best away days Iv had.. good set up before with beer and the band, which I loved joining in with ha! the stewards were also actually great and our support was good as well and we sounded pretty good!

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 16, 2012, 06:14:27 pm by Big MAC »
Can we please bring back the Rovers Fans vs Away fans over 50's  penalty shoot out. The one last year was the funniest thing I have ever seen!!!!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 16, 2012, 08:06:33 pm by Donnywolf »
I will volunteer to be one of the competitors. I will show Woodsy (both of them) how Penalties should be taken

TinyPortal © 2005-2012