Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 01:05:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It’s only half time  (Read 2421 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
It’s only half time
« on May 06, 2024, 07:31:14 pm by Filo »
Lets not get complacent

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jmt23

• Forum Member
Re: It’s only half time
« Reply #1 on May 06, 2024, 07:32:49 pm by jmt23 »
They score first and our bums will start twitching, we need to start hard and fast on Friday.

Well done DRFC so far, so good.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 06, 2024, 07:37:49 pm by Chris Black come back »
That was totally controlled. We pulled the strings throughout. Game moved at our pace. Excellent performance.

Since the Walsall loss we have won 11 and drawn 2 and one of those draws was entirely the result of a red card that was subsequently overturned, and the most obvious penalty in the history of the game not being given. This is absolutely colossal form. The stuff of giants.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 06, 2024, 07:43:20 pm by RoversInSpain »
Yep half time, next goal is huuuuuge

Not going to mention Sheff Wednesday and Peterborough and that was 4-0.

After a shakey start a great performance. Maxwell was immense, amongst a few others.

richtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 06, 2024, 07:48:06 pm by richtherover »
I think we're in crewes control! I'll get me coat.
RTID

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 06, 2024, 07:48:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
Maxwell is an absolutely superb player. Probably makes us some decent money. Thought for the Scottish scout we had who landed him.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 06, 2024, 07:54:36 pm by dknward2 »
Just hope the players that went off are ok and will be fine for Friday

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 06, 2024, 07:55:16 pm by Peebles Rover »
I think we're in crewes control! I'll get me coat.
RTID

Very clever!

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 06, 2024, 07:58:45 pm by andyst79 »
That was totally controlled. We pulled the strings throughout. Game moved at our pace. Excellent performance.

Since the Walsall loss we have won 11 and drawn 2 and one of those draws was entirely the result of a red card that was subsequently overturned, and the most obvious penalty in the history of the game not being given. This is absolutely colossal form. The stuff of giants.
520#msg1313520 date=1715020669]

[/quote]
My ticket fell through at the last minute but luckily I managed to weasel my way into the home end. I was in the big stand sat on the 1st row & in all honesty it was a difficult watch from there at pitch level. We didn't seem to create much but seized on poor defending, however Bailey & Craig seemed to be able to control the tempo of the game. Be interesting to watch the game back on TV, Ironside was immense but Bailey & Maxwell looked top drawer from where I was sat I'd be surprised if there not been monitored from higher up

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 06, 2024, 08:00:11 pm by Filo »

520#msg1313520 date=1715020669]

My ticket fell through at the last minute but luckily I managed to weasel my way into the home end. I was in the big stand sat on the 1st row & in all honesty it was a difficult watch from there at pitch level. We didn't seem to create much but seized on poor defending, however Bailey & Craig seemed to be able to control the tempo of the game. Be interesting to watch the game back on TV, Ironside was immense but Bailey & Maxwell looked top drawer from where I was sat I'd be surprised if there not been monitored from higher up
[/quote]

Did you celebrate the goals?

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 06, 2024, 08:00:25 pm by phil o sophical »
Just hope the players that went off are ok and will be fine for Friday
That's a real concern, especially Craig he's been immense for us as the season has progressed.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 06, 2024, 08:01:35 pm by philsky »
Lets not get complacent

Not in McCanns dna

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 06, 2024, 08:01:42 pm by Upton Rover »
Lets not get complacent
Can’t see them improving, only had the first 15 minute spell were they looked threatening, to fast out of their blocks and ran out of steam

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 06, 2024, 08:04:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Craig was superb today. He didn't look too bad as he came off.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 06, 2024, 08:06:37 pm by Chris Black come back »
I think him and Biggins were precautionary.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 06, 2024, 08:12:28 pm by StocksArmy »
So proud. So very proud

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 06, 2024, 08:14:48 pm by TonySoprano »
Lets not get complacent
Bore off, we're going to wembley ! Hotels booked !

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 06, 2024, 08:14:56 pm by danumdon »
Craig and Bailey quietly did a number on their midfield.

Biggins who has looked a shoe in that advanced midfield role continued in the same vane, hopefully his goal celebration has not finished his season, we still need him in there.

Joe was excellent again, Haks and Mols had for them quite games barring that excellent finish from Mols

The defence after that first long throw which was well saved by TLT looked very composed and fully in control. GM has done an excellent job in keeping the lid on all this and we now just wait to finish it off in style on Friday.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 06, 2024, 08:15:27 pm by ForsolongaRover »
They suppressed us for the first 15 minutes or so, giving us no time to control the ball and hurrying us into mistakes. Adelukan did not have a good game and his part in the first goal was his only significant contribution. He was well marked, but seemed to want more time than usual - or was he trying to be too clever? Still, best to get it out of the way and save his best for more important occasions.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 06, 2024, 08:15:54 pm by Filo »
Lets not get complacent

You’re a bit of a t**t aren’t you?

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 06, 2024, 08:23:39 pm by Herman Hessian »
Lets not get complacent

to be fair, Crewe were absolute dogshit and if we f**k this up then losing the deposit on a hotel for the PO final will be the least of my worries - but at least I'll be handy for a trip to Bromley next season - even closer than Sutton... ;)

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 06, 2024, 08:27:32 pm by graingrover »
Matty Craig .what a mature performance ! Not only can he pick the piercing through pass but this evening the way he played  a one two  with Haks and made space for himself down the goal line to set up Molly for the goal…belied his years !

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 06, 2024, 08:27:48 pm by Donnywolf »
Their body language said a lot even at 1 0

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 06, 2024, 08:28:46 pm by Chris Black come back »
Them and their fans look totally beat.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 06, 2024, 08:29:10 pm by graingrover »
If the lads or fans were to need any further motivation they just need to listen to BBCRadio Stoke coimmenators .Talk  sour grapes !

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 06, 2024, 08:30:59 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We were slow to start I thought, took us a bit to get going.  Adelakun should have done better with his chance but then we took control of the game and should arguably have scored more than we did.

Second half was men against boys and they didn't get a sniff.

Great win, good team this. Bring on Friday.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 06, 2024, 08:31:57 pm by TonySoprano »
Lets not get complacent

Another keyboard warrior.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 06, 2024, 08:34:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
Thing about Adelekun is that even when he is marked tightly or has an off day, he can always produce something. His challenge will be whether with us or someone else, at League One level it will be harder to produce that thing, than this season. He will have to work very hard throughout the 90 rather than wait for that 10 seconds this season when he can produce something amazing. 

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 06, 2024, 08:36:52 pm by Branton Red »
Didn't feel concerned at any point.

A routine and comfortable away win and it always seemed Rovers had more in the bag if they needed to produce it.

They made it look very easy. Excellent.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 06, 2024, 08:48:45 pm by Fal »
First 20 mins weren’t great and those long throws had my arse twitching but after that we fully controlled the game. Great win

TinyPortal © 2005-2012