Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 09:01:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Crewe forum?  (Read 4172 times)

essexrover

• Forum Member
Re: Crewe forum?
« Reply #30 on May 05, 2024, 09:09:35 pm by essexrover »
Couldn't believe Crewe are chasing the top 3 and only brought 500 fans. Hardly a long journey is it.

I thought that too
I don't know if this is relevant.
In much the same way as many Doncastrians watch Leeds, Sheff. Utd/Weds., Man Utd etc etc rather than Rovers, many residents of Crewe will watch Man. Utd./City, Liverpool etc. rather than their home town team.
In that respect (and others) the two places have much in common with each other.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 06, 2024, 10:14:13 am by ForsolongaRover »
And i quote.. "we should be easily beating teams like doncaster".. 

And the legend of TLOD lives on... lol

are they still dining out on that 8-0 win

Crewe won’t go up this season imo.
We will go up before they do and we have the potential to get promoted into the championship with this manager or another of a similar ilk. That is providing TB is prepared to make the budget very competitive when we get back to League 1.
Crewe on the other hand are unlikely to ever be more than a bottom half League 1 club at best and they are in fact a League 2 club by size of town and catchment area and therefore potential support.

I think there is always an element of any fan base which falls back on such vacuous notions as TLOD and big club/small club etc. It is probably a comfort when you cannot summon up anything rational.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 06, 2024, 10:21:07 am by Jimmydee »
Couldn't believe Crewe are chasing the top 3 and only brought 500 fans. Hardly a long journey is it.

I thought that too
I don't know if this is relevant.
In much the same way as many Doncastrians watch Leeds, Sheff. Utd/Weds., Man Utd etc etc rather than Rovers, many residents of Crewe will watch Man. Utd./City, Liverpool etc. rather than their home town team.
In that respect (and others) the two places have much in common with each other.

You forgot to mention Port Vale, haha

TinyPortal © 2005-2012