Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:48:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rakish Bingham  (Read 7842 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Re: Rakish Bingham
« Reply #60 on January 12, 2020, 10:47:16 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I think some posters are getting carried away by a 15-20 minute appearance at the end of a game where the opposition were poor & had ‘been run into the ground’ (a quote from a poster who was at the game). From what I’ve seen of him we need better.

I'm not sure who these "some" people are, but as the person who started this thread, I'm certainly not getting carried away about anything.

I'm simply talking about an undeniable fact that, if we'd signed that kid from Norwich, he'd come on for the last 20 mins and in injury time he'd out-muscled a defender to win a ball he had no right to win, laid it off then sprinted 60 yards to pick up the ball in the box with a perfect touch which gave him space to hammer a shot into the far corner, we'd all be wetting our pants.

I find it odd that folk in here aren't giving credit to Bingham for that, but are just sticking the boot into the lad.
Since you quoted me, I take it you’re ‘accusing’ me of “sticking the boot into the lad”?

I am as pleased as anyone Bingham was able to make an impression by scoring what by all accounts was a cracking goal.

If he had done the same in previous games I too would have been lauding his contribution to the squad, but he hasn’t. Which is why I said I feel we need better.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 12, 2020, 11:57:16 pm by the vicar »
It never ceases to amaze me, this insistence in some of our fanbase to fixedly refuse to give credit to certain players whom they have decided are shit.

I commented on this years ago. There's a feeling among some Donny folk that optimism is a weakness. You leave yourself exposed to the risk of looking naive if you're optimistic. So it's safer to stick the boot in.

That second goal yesterday was an absolute gem. And there are a lot of people on here whose response to that has been to repeat that Bingham is no good.
if you think he is that good I think you neet aan eye test 🤔😁

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 13, 2020, 12:56:34 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I just get the impression he's so raw. At the mo he probably doesn't believe in himself and he's playing amongst players who a far more experienced than he is.

He's got a long way to go but that goal will make him feel he's contributed and is worthy of a shirt.

He's already exceeded the contribution of Kiwomya and I think DM will play a big part in making him believe he is a footballer. Much is between the ears that determines whether he'll stay beyond January.

Robbo

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on January 13, 2020, 08:37:51 am by Robbo »
I just get the impression he's so raw. At the mo he probably doesn't believe in himself and he's playing amongst players who a far more experienced than he is.

He's got a long way to go but that goal will make him feel he's contributed and is worthy of a shirt.

He's already exceeded the contribution of Kiwomya and I think DM will play a big part in making him believe he is a footballer. Much is between the ears that determines whether he'll stay beyond January.
[/quote)

Agree. I watched the game on ifollow, and when DM subbed Sadlier for Bingham I was shouting my disappointment but have to say when that shot went in it was jaw dropping. Personally I know we need a striker but I would rather see build up play with our midfield in advanced positions than a lone target man. Our initial league games without a natural striker were great to watch due to the need to play that way. Thomas well sorry he’s not for me but that strike by Bingham for me gives him an extended stay albeit as an impact sub.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 13, 2020, 01:34:30 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Great movement, touch and shot for his goal, though I'm going to throw in a "but". He was allowed a bit of space by the Bristol defence which enabled him to use a touch and settle into the shot. It's also true that his movement made that space, so I'm taking nothing away from him there.

My point is, if he is that bit quicker picking off a shot, and in making moves past players, he'd be thereabouts for a regular really good sub appearance and even a start. I'd guess DM is seeing him do well in training where he maybe has that bit of extra time and space. Is it skill ability, speed of decision making, or plain old confidence that holds him back?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012