Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:52:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 888674 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #7620 on October 22, 2020, 09:54:44 pm by Nudga »
And the chances of surviving and making full recoveries are also very, very high.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7621 on October 22, 2020, 10:30:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yep Nudga. If you catch COVID you have about a 99% chance of recovering.

You'd have exactly the same survival rate if you stood for a random 9 seconds, blindfolded and ear plugged, on a trainline where an express came by at 100mph every 15 minutes.

Would you take that risk by choice?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #7622 on October 23, 2020, 06:24:13 am by Nudga »
I would if I could have a sit down meal with a pint in those 9 seconds.
My chances of survival would increase 50 fold.

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #7623 on October 23, 2020, 10:40:52 am by nightporter »
Interesting read, Sweden's Covid19 approach. 

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/sweden-coronavirus-response-experiment

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #7624 on October 24, 2020, 07:35:29 am by Nudga »
https://www.podbean.com/media/player/atukd-efc5d9-pb?vjs=1

I would urge everyone to give this a listen.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7625 on October 24, 2020, 10:46:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Was prepared to do Nudga.

Then I saw it was James Dellingpole.

You take your information from out and out fascist propagandist Nudga. Seriously mate, you need to get a filter. Dellingpole is a tosspot bullshit peddler of the very highest order, who makes a living running the British arm of Bannon's fascist propaganda outlet Breitbart.

I truly cannot believe you are listening to Kitsons like him.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #7626 on October 24, 2020, 11:13:06 am by Nudga »
I was listening to Mike Yeadon actually.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7627 on October 24, 2020, 11:23:51 am by BillyStubbsTears »
On Dellingpole's channel. You reckon Dellingpole would invite him in if it didn't fit with the line that Dellingpole wants to push? Seriously?

I'm telling you, you need a filter. The likes of Dellingpole make a living by f**king people's heads with this shit. Done absolutely deliberately. The MO is to detach people from true Objective Truth and feed them something that has the feel.of Objective Truth, but isn't.

As for Yeadon, he was claiming last month that the exponential rise in positive cases was down to false positives. If you can't see why that argument is utter bullshit, then they've done their job on you mate.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #7628 on October 24, 2020, 12:00:40 pm by Janso »
And now they're going to remove the VAT exemption on PPE. During a global pandemic. That's just a bit... heartless?

Yeah, it's not exactly exorbitant amounts, but still. It's as if they're intent on going full comicbook supervillain.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7629 on October 24, 2020, 12:08:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's the reason why the False Positives explanation for the massive increase in positive test cases is bullshit.

We KNOW there are some proportion of positive cases that are false. Accepted. The evidence suggests it's a small percentage, but let's ignore that. Let's assume it's 50%.

Say you start off with 1000 positive cases a day. 500 of them are real and 500 false.

Yeadon was saying last month that the increase in positive cases was down to false positives. Let's see what the logic of that is.

If the number of positive cases per day doubles in a week, and you claim that's due to false positives, here's the situation after a week.

Positive result: 2000
Real positives: 500 (because you claim there is no increase in the real positive numbers.
False positives: 1500
False positive rate: 75%

A week later
Positive results: 4000
Real positives: 500
False positives: 3500
False positive rate: 88%

And so on.

So if the increase in positive cases is due to false positives, it means there was a massive, overnight increase in the RATE of the false positives.

(That logic applies whatever you assume the initial percentage of false positives to be, and whatever the doubling rate.)

But no-one has ever given even the most cursory explanation about WHY the false positive rate should have suddenly started increasing overnight. Everywhere in Europe.

It's b*llocks and anyone with a decent maths background knows it is b*llocks. The fact that Yeadon used that argument means he is either utterly incompetent, it he is knowingly trying to deceive. There's no other explanation.

My gut instinct is that this genuinely is a conspiracy. It is predominantly far-right media channels, pushing stuff that has the sheen of logical science, into punters who want to hear that line because they are desperate, but not technically sharp enough to see why it's gold plated shite.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 12:12:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7630 on October 24, 2020, 01:02:40 pm by IDM »
Heard something on radio 5 about an hour ago, ahead of the West Ham vs Man City match.

People can pay £6.99 to sit socially distanced wearing masks, at the nearby Vue cinema ie in an inside space and watch this match live.  Yet they can’t go half a mile down the road and sit in the more or less open air with similar distancing and mask wearing.

Yes I guess the cinema had lower numbers and less crowding at exits etc, but it seems an oddity, doesn’t it.?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #7631 on October 24, 2020, 01:09:01 pm by Janso »
Especially considering the stadium has more exits, even more so with no need to segregate home and away.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7632 on October 24, 2020, 01:12:13 pm by IDM »
Also to access that cinema you go through a very busy shopping mall - especially on a Saturday.!  Not sure what it is like in there now but pre-pandemic it would have been crazy busy.!

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7633 on October 24, 2020, 01:13:18 pm by belton rover »
We need a filter alright.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #7634 on October 24, 2020, 01:26:46 pm by Nudga »
BST, have listened to what Yeadon has to say in this interview?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7635 on October 24, 2020, 03:10:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nudga. There's only so many hours in the day. I'm not going to spend over an hour listening to a t**t like Dellingpole interviewing someone who blamed the September rise in cases on false positives. You summarise it for me if you want.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #7636 on October 24, 2020, 03:26:52 pm by Nudga »
No it's OK thanks. That should put an end to you stalking my every post on here.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7637 on October 24, 2020, 04:00:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nudga. You've posted a 7 month long stream of stuff from people who time and time and time again turn out to be wrong. Then you get arsey with me for pointing out when they are wrong.

I know you want them to be right. So do I because this bas**rd would be a f**k sight easier to deal with if they were.

But they are not. Ever. And it's really important that when people are posting some of the dangerous stuff that you've been doing since March, that isn't just allowed to stand uncontested.

As I say, I'd listen to your latest one if he stood up and apologised for talking b*llocks about false positives a month ago. I'd listen to Gupta if she stood up and apologised for the horrifyingly dangerous shite she was talking in March. I'd listen to Hrneghsn if he stood up and apologised for the consistent misrepresentation of data that he's been engaged in for months.

But they don't. Ever. And despite that, you never, ever criticise them. You just push their next load of nonsense on us.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #7638 on October 24, 2020, 04:47:30 pm by Nudga »
Haha whatever BST.

I don't push anything on anyone. I actually find that statement quite funny coming from you. Everything has to be left wing/right wing with you.
And you push your political beliefs on everyone, on the daily.

And I actually think people like you are dangerous. You haven't given a single thought to knock on effect of lockdowns on missed cancer, heart disease, dementia treatments and appointments, the mental health and safeguarding issues.
I've brought these issues up numerous times and you've brushed over them.

The PCR tests are only 7% acurate according to Dominic Raab and Boris johnsinski.
Those same PCR tests that are run through 40+ cycles when only 30 are needed.

Best thing you can do is block me.

Edit: one last thing before I ignore you completely.

I do actually believe everything that Mike Yeadon says over people such as Vallance, Witty, harries etc who have changed their minds to suit a political agenda.

Or a monetary agenda.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 04:52:29 pm by Nudga »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7639 on October 24, 2020, 04:54:19 pm by drfchound »
I take it you two weren’t watching the game then.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7640 on October 24, 2020, 04:56:46 pm by belton rover »
I take it you two weren’t watching the game then.
I wish I hadn’t.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #7641 on October 24, 2020, 05:13:19 pm by Nudga »
No, I've been prepping the boudoir ready for full Re-skim.
Me and the missus gonna have big fun in there.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7642 on October 25, 2020, 09:15:04 am by wilts rover »
Haha whatever BST.

I don't push anything on anyone. I actually find that statement quite funny coming from you. Everything has to be left wing/right wing with you.
And you push your political beliefs on everyone, on the daily.

And I actually think people like you are dangerous. You haven't given a single thought to knock on effect of lockdowns on missed cancer, heart disease, dementia treatments and appointments, the mental health and safeguarding issues.
I've brought these issues up numerous times and you've brushed over them.

The PCR tests are only 7% acurate according to Dominic Raab and Boris johnsinski.
Those same PCR tests that are run through 40+ cycles when only 30 are needed.

Best thing you can do is block me.

Edit: one last thing before I ignore you completely.

I do actually believe everything that Mike Yeadon says over people such as Vallance, Witty, harries etc who have changed their minds to suit a political agenda.

Or a monetary agenda.

Dr Mike Yeadon, former CSO and VP, Allergy and Respiratory Research Head with Pfizer Global R&D and co-Founder of Ziarco Pharma Ltd.

So that's only 'some' people with a 'monetary agenda' that you don't trust eh Nudga?

Funny how you have chosen the ones who look after the interests of the health of the public rather than the ones who look after the interests of multinational pharmaceutical companies to distrust tho?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #7643 on October 25, 2020, 09:37:26 am by EasyforDennis »
Sorry AL but just saw this on Twitter this morning and couldn't resist posting it.

Best summary yet of the mounting obliviousness and corruption of government. We are basically ruled by the political equivalent of Millwall: they know they're loathed and they just don't care.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #7645 on October 25, 2020, 05:34:14 pm by albie »
That Byline article backs up George Monbiot in this summary vid;
https://www.doubledown.news/watch/2020/23/october/george-monbiot-exposes-coronavirus-corruption-at-the-heart-of-government-dido-harding

The gilded circle eh.......Tory donors get the best return on investment in an economic downturn.
The morals of using a pandemic to enrich backers from public funds.....this is corruption on an epic scale.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7646 on October 25, 2020, 08:49:08 pm by SydneyRover »
Thanks Albie, George M is very good at his job.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #7647 on October 26, 2020, 09:55:32 am by Axholme Lion »
Sorry AL but just saw this on Twitter this morning and couldn't resist posting it.

Best summary yet of the mounting obliviousness and corruption of government. We are basically ruled by the political equivalent of Millwall: they know they're loathed and they just don't care.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I can just see Boris and co sat around the cabinet table singing 'F***'em All'

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7648 on October 26, 2020, 12:26:37 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
https://twitter.com/nicholasmith6/status/1320666638342115328?s=19

Not a very good piece of rulemaking in Wales this.  I could only imagine the outcry if this was implemented here also.  Just doesn't make sense.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #7649 on October 26, 2020, 08:20:37 pm by scawsby steve »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I can just see Boris and co sat around the cabinet table singing 'F***'em All'

Or just before the General Election, "Let'em come, let'em come, let'em come".

TinyPortal © 2005-2012