Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:52:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Play off final  (Read 2961 times)

Getridorit

• Forum Member
Play off final
« on February 22, 2021, 07:32:58 pm by Getridorit »
Have I read it correctly that fans are allowed but the attendance would be limited to 10,000?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
Re: Play off final
« Reply #1 on February 22, 2021, 07:59:59 pm by phil o sophical »
Don't worry, we won't need that

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 22, 2021, 08:17:32 pm by drfchound »
Have I read it correctly that fans are allowed but the attendance would be limited to 10,000?

I caught a snippet on the evening news and I thought I heard a figure of 25% of capacity mentioned.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 22, 2021, 08:22:28 pm by Donnywolf »
Don't worry, we won't need that

:thumbsup: or  :thumbdown:
Just wondering

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 22, 2021, 08:41:17 pm by Chris the Rover »
Could be Copps’ last game in a Rovers shirt??

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 22, 2021, 08:46:29 pm by phil o sophical »
Must admit i didn't consider the negative option which as a rovers supporter is probably a bit odd. Good point well made though. Not tempting fate any more, i'll just say in DM we trust and leave at that.  (and my king size prayer mat being readed for the run in, can't be to careful) :scarf: :scarf:

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 22, 2021, 08:55:50 pm by phil o sophical »

Not sure when the play off finals are but if they are before May 17 it looks like it will be behind closed doors

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 22, 2021, 09:05:01 pm by selby »
 Play it when you can have 10,000 crowds, make it two legs  home and away for the two sides more TV money and no away fans.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 22, 2021, 09:05:17 pm by Getridorit »

Not sure when the play off finals are but if they are before May 17 it looks like it will be behind closed doors
It's normally the bank holiday weekend at the end of May I think.
So would be after the 17th I think

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 22, 2021, 09:05:31 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Probably be practice run for Euros to have even more in. According to the dates our third match would be capacity crowd but only 10k v Scotland

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 22, 2021, 09:19:04 pm by scawsby steve »
There won't be crowds back anytime soon. Schools going back will send the rates spiralling again.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 22, 2021, 09:29:02 pm by BobG »
Yes Steve. A more foolish thing than allowing every school year back at one and the same time is hard to imagine. One wonders what is driving this, in the face of opposition from every single teaching union and a lot of medical advice.  Something is for sure...

BobG

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 23, 2021, 12:03:59 am by Janso »

I caught a snippet on the evening news and I thought I heard a figure of 25% of capacity mentioned.

That was for grounds where the capacity is <10k, presumably because the ground will have less room to spread out in.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 23, 2021, 12:09:23 am by silent majority »
There are two regulations to be introduced;

For most stadiums it's a figure of half the capacity or 4,000 whichever is the lower (Keepmoat)

For larger stadiums, i.e. capacity above 40,000 then it's a maximum of 10,000 (Wembley)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 23, 2021, 12:22:01 am by Bentley Bullet »
Bloody hell, we'll be able to brag we've got a maximum capacity every home game!

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 23, 2021, 08:39:18 am by colincramb »
Yes Steve. A more foolish thing than allowing every school year back at one and the same time is hard to imagine. One wonders what is driving this, in the face of opposition from every single teaching union and a lot of medical advice.  Something is for sure...

BobG

Thing is Bob, the kids need to go back. They’ve missed almost an entire academic year!

Not an easy situation granted, but that must be the priority surely?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 23, 2021, 08:49:23 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
There are two regulations to be introduced;

For most stadiums it's a figure of half the capacity or 4,000 whichever is the lower (Keepmoat)

For larger stadiums, i.e. capacity above 40,000 then it's a maximum of 10,000 (Wembley)

Seems sensible. On a side note now the guidance is clear are the club planning to make a decision on the 20-21 season ticket refund, reuse proposals?

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 23, 2021, 08:53:22 am by DRNaith »
Bloody hell, we'll be able to brag we've got a maximum capacity every home game!

I think there's going to be a rush even for pre-season friendly tickets.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 23, 2021, 09:36:19 am by silent majority »

But if things go according to plan then all restrictions would be lifted on June 21st.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 23, 2021, 09:45:10 am by DRNaith »

But if things go according to plan then all restrictions would be lifted on June 21st.

...and with the lack of stadium football, I think there'll be a rush for friendly tickets

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 23, 2021, 10:29:13 am by silent majority »

...and with the lack of stadium football, I think there'll be a rush for friendly tickets

There's definitely a debate to be had about the effect that the pandemic will have on crowds. Here's Geoff Pearson doing exactly that;

https://twitter.com/Geoff_Pearson/status/1363886442972340227

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 23, 2021, 10:55:45 am by Getridorit »
Looks like play off final tickets are going to be very very hard to get.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 23, 2021, 11:06:13 am by Barmby Rover »
Stuff this talk, Blackpool tonight, onwards and upwards! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JNCNZs95Gc

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 23, 2021, 01:22:00 pm by keyser_soze »
Its funny how music can really bring back visceral memories of an occasion or in this case a football match. That One Night Only song was Wembley wasn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxuodY-c0yU
Puff Daddy - Come with Me still reminds me of Stoke:  (my memory tells me it was this song played before the match rather than the original Led Zep Kashmir but who knows!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qObzgUfCl28
Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby reminds me of the Johnstones Paint Trophy at Cardiff, Chris Moyles had just done that horrendous Donny Donny Donny Donny cover.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:26:02 pm by keyser_soze »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 23, 2021, 01:30:54 pm by BobG »

BobG

Thing is Bob, the kids need to go back. They’ve missed almost an entire academic year!

Not an easy situation granted, but that must be the priority surely?

Hi Colin

Of course children should be in school! But the biggest cause of the current lockdown was school children and university students. And guess what? Neither of those groups are innoculated now and none of them, even the university types, will be eligible for innoculation before they go back. Having got back to school, how is anyone going to stop them congregating in close groups? How is anyone going to get them to wear masks at all the right times? How is the spread of the virus going to be controlled?

The answer, of course, is the government is relying on luck. The teaching profession, and the medics both say this is a stupid plan. They suggest a staggered return with the student years approaching exams returning first. That is far more manageable. It would allow for testing; it would allow experience in a new kind of crowd control to be gained; it would massively reduce the risk of another outbreak. So, why is the government pressing ahead with the solution most likely to cause maximum harm?

Me? I think there is a hidden agenda. I cannot for the life of me see why they would adopt this strategy without one. Something, somebody, somewhere, is going to benefit from this. Why else would they take such a risk in the face of opposition from all those most directly concerned and common sense too? 'Driven by the data'? Don't make me laugh.

BobG
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:33:08 pm by BobG »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 23, 2021, 01:51:19 pm by idler »
Its funny how music can really bring back visceral memories of an occasion or in this case a football match. That One Night Only song was Wembley wasn&#039;t it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxuodY-c0yU
Puff Daddy - Come with Me still reminds me of Stoke:  (my memory tells me it was this song played before the match rather than the original Led Zep Kashmir but who knows!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qObzgUfCl28
Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby reminds me of the Johnstones Paint Trophy at Cardiff, Chris Moyles had just done that horrendous Donny Donny Donny Donny cover.
You're lucky.
 I can remember Start Robertson & co running around Belle Vue with the trophy after winning the championship in 68/69.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 23, 2021, 03:41:36 pm by drfc1951 »
I remember Chelsea Dagger i think it was called being played after the trophy presentation at Cardiff.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 23, 2021, 05:55:53 pm by idler »
They played it at Wembley for definite. Blacked eyed Peas, I got a feeling as well. A surreal half hour or so after the final whistle there.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 23, 2021, 06:24:42 pm by Donnywolf »
I remember Chelsea Dagger i think it was called being played after the trophy presentation at Cardiff.

Only time ever I heard one of my friends swear

Week or so after the Game at Millenium he handed me a great film of the day with before during and after scenes all set to different bits of music we had heard on the day

I asked why no Chelsea Dagger ? He said what is Chelsea Dagger. I said I will bring it next game and as we sat in Car next game I said here listen to this and put the CD in. It played less than 10 seconds and he whispered just the one word "b*****d"

Never heard him swear before or since

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 23, 2021, 08:09:16 pm by drfchound »

Martin, according to a couple of political posters we are heading back into the abiss through letting schools go back early and will be back in lockdown before we know it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 10:25:15 pm by drfchound »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012