Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 03:24:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: BobG  (Read 1769 times)

roversam

• Forum Member
BobG
« on September 30, 2011, 10:03:47 am by roversam »
Anyone know whats happened to him? he hasnt posted on here for a few weeks now, i for one miss his knowledgeable comments about rovers, although i didnt always agree with them.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: BobG
« Reply #1 on September 30, 2011, 10:09:02 am by wilts rover »
obviously got better things to do with his life than read the inane ramblings of a load of daft buggers on here - he's still around, was involved in the fiasco that was the SW Exiles trip to Brighton anyway!

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 30, 2011, 10:14:12 am by keyser_soze »
Teddy went a while ago I think.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 30, 2011, 09:03:18 pm by BobG »
teddy? No. Still got hi! Laid on me bed right now.

No Sam. I'm still around. I decided to rearrange my life a bit though. Spending far too much time on this keyboard. And reading the shit that comes out of Wellreds fingers, for example, just aint worth the time.

So I'm lurking a little bit, taking a future England batsman all over the place all the damn time and watching him mature, and, messing with enormous bloody jobs round the house.

One word I will say here though: I agree with Glen. We may or may not have needed to dispense with SOD and ROK - that's down to individual preferences - but having done so we have hugely debased our curency, our image and our morals. We are significantly the poorer as a result. I'll just list a few reasons:

- speed of new appointment
- timing of disposal
- sudden spending of money that we supposedly didnt have and which was denied to SOD
- significant undermining of the VSC throuugh making the recent sriker bucket collection an obscene joke now
- farcical PR

There's plenty of other reasons. I'm sure you all know them already.

BobG

PS Impressed by Benaldo recently. Smart humour and observation mate!
PPS I thought I was a member of the VSC?! Mem. no. 42! Where's me badge gone?!

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 30, 2011, 10:03:44 pm by roversam »
Glad to hear you are alright bob, i was a bit concerned there was a problem especially when you never posted over the SOD sacking.I certainly understand your comments about some of the shit posted on this forum, you must have noticed i dont post as much as i used to. Anyhow are you going to Peterborough tomorrow? we are, looking forward to it, always enjoy trip there, only an hour or so down the A1 a few pints  in the Cherrytree pub and then standing on the terracing behind the goal.Rovers to win 2-1 i reckon, what do you think Bob, anyhow off to the pit now up early in the morning to watch England play Jocks in rugby world cup, goodnight mate.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 30, 2011, 10:42:46 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"BobG\" post=187815
teddy? No. Still got hi! Laid on me bed right now.

No Sam. I'm still around. I decided to rearrange my life a bit though. Spending far too much time on this keyboard. And reading the shit that comes out of Wellreds fingers, for example, just aint worth the time.

So I'm lurking a little bit, taking a future England batsman all over the place all the damn time and watching him mature, and, messing with enormous bloody jobs round the house.

One word I will say here though: I agree with Glen. We may or may not have needed to dispense with SOD and ROK - that's down to individual preferences - but having done so we have hugely debased our curency, our image and our morals. We are significantly the poorer as a result. I'll just list a few reasons:

- speed of new appointment
- timing of disposal
- sudden spending of money that we supposedly didnt have and which was denied to SOD
- significant undermining of the VSC throuugh making the recent sriker bucket collection an obscene joke now
- farcical PR

There's plenty of other reasons. I'm sure you all know them already.

BobG

PS Impressed by Benaldo recently. Smart humour and observation mate!

Didn't you know , you've been placed on VSC.................

..........GARDENING LEAVE :laugh:

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 01, 2011, 01:25:19 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Welcome back Bob me old mucker

Thought you might have disappeared making an extended trip to old haunts in Aachen and Maastricht..............

Good to hear all is well and I totally understand your re-balancing - have been doing a bit myself recently - retirement does force a few life changes :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Will email you in the next few days

Cheers

Brian

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 01, 2011, 01:42:04 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"BobG\" post=187815

There ya go Bob. Putting my faith in you and hoping you've renewed as I haven't checked with the treasurer... :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012