Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:53:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Appalling state of affairs....  (Read 4296 times)

johnnykicksass

• Forum Member
Appalling state of affairs....
« on September 30, 2011, 03:16:31 pm by johnnykicksass »
I've read with great interest all kinds of opinion, debate, conspiracy theory and purile rubbish... a proper mish-mash of forum fodder. For my 2 penneths worth I'm still reeling from the shock of Dave Penney being sacked, let alone anything else...

...under Diamond Dave we were bound for the Premiership, it was a racing certainty!! Europe could have followed. Clubs would have been clamouring for high profile, pre-season friendlies against Donny Rovers, whilst we'd instead send our youth and play money-spinning competitions in the Far East and America. Steve Claridge and Andy Gray would have bought season tickets to see the Rovers and been censored for showing favoritism towards us on radio and TV. We could have had it all..!!

So what happens, we fire the Pretty Penney and bring in Sean O'Dismal... WFT :facepalm: What have we achieved under him, buggar all... no Premiership, no Europe, no famous FA Cup win. I'm staggered, I'm stunned, I'm still on my tablets...

When will the Rovers board of directors realise what a mistake they made..!!?

I will be personally organising a protest march to try and bring attention to this sorry state of affairs. I aim to begin the march somewhere in Hexthorpe (always good to annoy the rich folk for decent press coverage) and lead it to the The Plough, then The Masons, possibly The Sally, stagger into The Rock and then arrive at Belle Vue to demand change from the board of directors. I don't know about you lot but the stadium has looked better... under Diamond Dave, we had a cracking old fashioned stadium. It's gone to rack and ruin under SOD, crowds have dwindled down to just me and it looks like SOD fired the groundsman. I haven't seen a decent game in there for ages, such is the length of the grass hiding all the players...

BLOODY SHAMBLES... that's what it is...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Re: Appalling state of affairs....
« Reply #1 on September 30, 2011, 03:38:54 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Whats 'WFT' mean?

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 30, 2011, 03:44:49 pm by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=187728
Whats 'WFT' mean?

WFT

6. or 9. possibly.

danny1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 30, 2011, 04:01:02 pm by danny1 »
Dave Penney was ace for the rovers. Our best manager in the last 15 years. Now it's time for Deano, , so let's get behind him and cheer the rovers on up the league!!!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 30, 2011, 04:10:21 pm by Sprotyrover »
Yes excellent post if we  arent in PREM by xmas I will be really cross!!!

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 30, 2011, 04:10:51 pm by ScillyRover »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=187728
Whats 'WFT' mean?

'Well F*** That' I assume
:laugh: :laugh:

rossworth rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 30, 2011, 04:12:49 pm by rossworth rover »
Quote from: \"danny1\" post=187730
Dave Penney was ace for the rovers. Our best manager in the last 15 years. Now it's time for Deano, , so let's get behind him and cheer the rovers on up the league!!!

Not factually correct! The best manager (most successful) in the last 15 years is/was SOD! whilst i was a big fan of dave penney and of course O'Driscoll their time has been and gone, and like you say, time to get behind Deano's new revolution. Onwards and upwards.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 30, 2011, 04:24:23 pm by Standanista »
Quote from: \"johnnykicksass\" post=187725
I've read with great interest all kinds of opinion, debate, conspiracy theory and purile rubbish... a proper mish-mash of forum fodder. For my 2 penneths worth I'm still reeling from the shock of Dave Penney being sacked, let alone anything else...

...under Diamond Dave we were bound for the Premiership, it was a racing certainty!! Europe could have followed. Clubs would have been clamouring for high profile, pre-season friendlies against Donny Rovers, whilst we'd instead send our youth and play money-spinning competitions in the Far East and America. Steve Claridge and Andy Gray would have bought season tickets to see the Rovers and been censored for showing favoritism towards us on radio and TV. We could have had it all..!!

So what happens, we fire the Pretty Penney and bring in Sean O'Dismal... WFT :facepalm: What have we achieved under him, buggar all... no Premiership, no Europe, no famous FA Cup win. I'm staggered, I'm stunned, I'm still on my tablets...

When will the Rovers board of directors realise what a mistake they made..!!?

I will be personally organising a protest march to try and bring attention to this sorry state of affairs. I aim to begin the march somewhere in Hexthorpe (always good to annoy the rich folk for decent press coverage) and lead it to the The Plough, then The Masons, possibly The Sally, stagger into The Rock and then arrive at Belle Vue to demand change from the board of directors. I don't know about you lot but the stadium has looked better... under Diamond Dave, we had a cracking old fashioned stadium. It's gone to rack and ruin under SOD, crowds have dwindled down to just me and it looks like SOD fired the groundsman. I haven't seen a decent game in there for ages, such is the length of the grass hiding all the players...

BLOODY SHAMBLES... that's what it is...

Got to agree about the state of Belle Vue.  The only thing that appears to be being maintained to the usual standard is the toilet facilities.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 30, 2011, 04:30:32 pm by RedJ »
This has to be a piss take, surely?.. he was a good manager, as was SO'D, but Christ alive, pal..

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 30, 2011, 04:30:47 pm by jucyberry »
WTF..................what the fook..... minus the oo and with aded uc of course ;)

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 30, 2011, 04:46:04 pm by Wellred »
If some of you lot can't see this as a p**s take then no wonder you post some of the crap you do!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 30, 2011, 04:48:19 pm by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=187745
If some of you lot can't see this as a p**s take then no wonder you post some of the crap you do!

And if there's one man who knows all about posting crap...

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 30, 2011, 04:56:19 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=187746

Call it crap if you like but it would seem JR and the board seem to be of the same mind as me when it came to replacing our previous Manager.

Hmmm now let me think about that one.

Townender

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 30, 2011, 07:39:18 pm by Townender »
Some people are taking this seriously, that for me, speaks volumes.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 30, 2011, 07:43:30 pm by ditch_drfc »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=187746

Wellsaid ;)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 30, 2011, 08:05:26 pm by Filo »
There seems to be a bit of a whitch hunt against wellred here, he is entitled to air his views!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 30, 2011, 08:08:53 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=187777
There seems to be a bit of a whitch hunt against wellred here, he is entitled to air his views!

I have thick skin Filo. I think it is all the SOD is God fanatics who cannot get over the fact he is gone.
They probably think I had a word with Dick Watson and Terry Bramall and persuaded them to get JR to get sack him.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 30, 2011, 08:10:37 pm by RobTheRover »
I applaud the OP, post of a very strange week.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 30, 2011, 08:10:50 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=187779

I have thick skin Filo. I think it is all the SOD is God fanatics who cannot get over the fact he is gone.
They probably think I had a word with Dick Watson and Terry Bramall and persuaded them to get JR to get sack him.

You mean you didn't? :huh:

are you Brammall in disuise? :thumbsup:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 30, 2011, 08:14:07 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=187781

You mean you didn't? :huh:

are you Brammall in disuise? :thumbsup:

No but I wish I was Bramall:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 30, 2011, 08:14:24 pm by en aitch »
Well I thought it was quite funny - even down to offending the rich folk of Hexthorpe.

Opinions are cheap ........... The club has moved on - it's in the past!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 30, 2011, 10:25:11 pm by The L J Monk »

Nothing to do with SOD for me. Wellred is more than comfortable posting crap on a broad spectrum of topics...

...which he is of course more than free to do, and if he didn't the board would be a duller place for it.

But it's still crap.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 01, 2011, 06:10:08 am by Nudga »
Welred is this months Frosty. And for the record, I actually agree with a lot of what Welred says.

He was dissalusioned with the football under SO'D and voiced his opinion on numerous occasions and got slaughtered for being \"negative\". Now we have a new manager I can tell he has got the juice again for The Rovers and he is looking forward to this new era. What's wrong with that?
This forum is bloody great but I hate the witch hunts that go on from time to time, it's akin to playground bullying.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 01, 2011, 06:44:06 am by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"Nudga\" post=187889
Welred is this months Frosty. And for the record, I actually agree with a lot of what Welred says.

He was dissalusioned with the football under SO'D and voiced his opinion on numerous occasions and got slaughtered for being \"negative\". Now we have a new manager I can tell he has got the juice again for The Rovers and he is looking forward to this new era. What's wrong with that?
This forum is bloody great but I hate the witch hunts that go on from time to time, it's akin to playground bullying.

As someone said, \"There's nowt so queer as folk\" and wasn't it Churchill who said \"you can please some of the people all the time and all the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time\" which is a good job or this and any other forum would be as dull as dishwater.

Whatever else this week, it has certainly stirred the juices, from an average of about 3,000 folk accessing the site every day, over the last week it has averaged well over 4,000 and hit a peak of well over 6,000 on \"that\" Friday.

:thumbsup:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 01, 2011, 06:24:46 pm by ravenrover »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=187891
Quote from: \"Nudga\" post=187889

As someone said, \"There's nowt so queer as folk\" and wasn't it Churchill who said \"you can please some of the people all the time and all the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time\" which is a good job or this and any other forum would be as dull as dishwater.

He may have, but did Abraham Lincoln say it 1st? At least Bob Dylan says he thnks he did! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Whatever else this week, it has certainly stirred the juices, from an average of about 3,000 folk accessing the site every day, over the last week it has averaged well over 4,000 and hit a peak of well over 6,000 on \"that\" Friday.

:thumbsup:

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 01, 2011, 06:30:08 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=187891

I'm assuming that's hits and not unique IDs?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012