Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:21:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What a result we've just had!  (Read 2117 times)

Superspy

• VSC Member
What a result we've just had!
« on October 01, 2011, 03:58:50 pm by Superspy »
Discuss...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sif

• Forum Member
Re: What a result we've just had!
« Reply #1 on October 01, 2011, 04:02:02 pm by Sif »
Deano has managed to do in just two attempts, that which SO'D managed only 11 times in 5 years....coming from behind to win.

I don't care for sentiments. I care for results. it's a results business. If Deano can get the lads into a winning mentality, and can produce results from ugly football, then it'll be a welcome change from Arsenal-esque play, with no end product.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 01, 2011, 04:09:33 pm by Filo »
We certainly rode our luck today, maybe we due a change in fortunes, we just need to turn up in the first half now!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 01, 2011, 04:12:34 pm by Superspy »
Not only was it coming from behind to win, it was a pure turnaround (losing at half time) which in statistical terms does not happen often at all.

It might sound a bit daft to some, but under SOD we'd often have a good first half and a crap second half, but I'd much rather do it this way with a poor start and a good first half once the opposition are tiring.

The significance of this result just feels enormous to me, 7 points from 9 going into the break before a home tie against leeds, I can only begin to imagine the atmosphere in the changing room at the minute. The lads must be bouncing. Credit to DS, long may it continue.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 01, 2011, 04:15:05 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Superspy\" post=188073
Not only was it coming from behind to win, it was a pure turnaround (losing at half time) which in statistical terms does not happen often at all.

It might sound a bit daft to some, but under SOD we'd often have a good first half and a crap second half, but I'd much rather do it this way with a poor start and a good first half once the opposition are tiring.

The significance of this result just feels enormous to me, 6 points from 9 going into the break before a home tie against leeds, I can only begin to imagine the atmosphere in the changing room at the minute. The lads must be bouncing. Credit to DS, long may it continue.

Have we been deducted a point like?

prince

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 01, 2011, 04:15:55 pm by prince »
If we don't start turning up in the first half we're going to get clobbered soon and find ourselves going in 3 or 4 nil down at half time.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 01, 2011, 04:17:26 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=188074

Have we been deducted a point like?

Haha, sorry I thought I'd already corrected that....would help if the forum wasn't running so damn slow.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 01, 2011, 04:21:46 pm by jonnydog »
You know what else. Not only did we win, not only did we comeback to win, but we ALSO played nearly 6 minutes of injury time and dug in and didn't concede... how many could 'hand on heart' say that under SOD we would have held on for the win?

Well done lads and cheers Deano!!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 01, 2011, 04:24:50 pm by Mr1Croft »
Great result from the lads, the other results of the day have gone our way and we did our part. Well played.

I think there was more than just me that was slightly worried that after the win against Palace we might descend once again to another run of winless games, but credit to the team for getting back into the game and winning it.

The next few games could well be a struggle for us, if our first half performances are carried into the Leeds game we may be on the end of a hammering, considering that we played some of the best football this season in the first half against Leeds in the Carling Cup. Blackpool and Pourtsmouth away can be two tough games and will be a tough test.

We're out of the danger-zone, but the trapdoor isn't shut yet...

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 01, 2011, 05:04:39 pm by Dagenham Rover »
This crap first half could it be we ain't as crap as we are making out, is it more a case of the opposition knows our confidence is down and going hell for leather for a early goal or 2 knowing the stuffing will be knocked right out of us  game over job done in the first 20 minutes

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 01, 2011, 05:10:26 pm by not on facebook »
the season rovers dropped into conference on a tuesday nite posh 0 rovers 1

two seasons back in championship posh 1 rovers 2

and today posh 1 rovers 2

were their boggie team

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 01, 2011, 05:19:52 pm by Guernsey Exile »
Quote from: \"Sif\" post=188068
Deano has managed to do in just two attempts, that which SO'D managed only 11 times in 5 years....coming from behind to win.

I don't care for sentiments. I care for results. it's a results business. If Deano can get the lads into a winning mentality, and can produce results from ugly football, then it'll be a welcome change from Arsenal-esque play, with no end product.

You back on ere now mate, missed ya! Hope all is well! Great result today!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 01, 2011, 05:37:32 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Guernsey Exile\" post=188122
Quote from: \"Sif\" post=188068

You back on ere now mate, missed ya! Hope all is well! Great result today!

Ay'up it's good to see Sif back too, great result today and a totally unexpected one for me anyway.
Good to see the lads chasing lost causes and turning a negative into a positive once again. We do need to sort out those early nerves though.B)

:rtid: :rtid: :rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012