Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:05:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bristol v Donny highlights  (Read 4130 times)

Dabby

• Forum Member
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 06:14:45 pm by Dabby »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Bristol v Donny highlights
« Reply #1 on December 08, 2018, 06:19:41 pm by Campsall rover »
Screamer from Marquis. Got his mojo back.
How he got criticism from some on here is beyond belief.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 08, 2018, 06:23:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It truly is amazing that the lad ever gets criticism. I've never seen a Rovers player so consistently give every drop AND have ability since Ian Snodin.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 08, 2018, 06:27:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Some strike that and a great breakaway goal. All the goals were good in their own way to be fair.

I don't think there's been much criticism of him on here to be fair. Some stick from an individual in the crowd a bit back but pretty much overwhelming support on here!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 08, 2018, 06:30:28 pm by drfchound »
Some strike that and a great breakaway goal. All the goals were good in their own way to be fair.

I don't think there's been much criticism of him on here to be fair. Some stick from an individual in the crowd a bit back but pretty much overwhelming support on here!

Unless you sit in the South Stand Baz, Marquis gets stick from more than one person in the ground.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 08, 2018, 06:37:51 pm by PDX_Rover »
Just shows we have some right w@nkers who call themselves supporters.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 08, 2018, 06:42:46 pm by drfchound »
A bloke near me is always on his back whenever he goes wide to chase or pick up a ball.
“ Stay down the middle Marquis, you are supposed to be a centre forward” he shouts at him.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 08, 2018, 06:51:14 pm by Alickismyhero »
Thanks for the link Dab, that came out early.

Personally I don't like to see a goal scorer celebrate to the opposition supporters, correct me if I am wrong but Wilks did it to Bristol in the highlights today! He seemed to go just off camera when it happened.

I think it was Johnson for Borough did it at Donny, shows a lack of character for me and I don't like it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 08, 2018, 06:55:14 pm by drfchound »

Personally I don't like to see a goal scorer celebrate to the opposition supporters, correct me if I am wrong but Wilks did it to Bristol in the highlights today! He seemed to go just off camera when it happened.

I think it was Johnson for Borough did it at Donny, shows a lack of character for me and I don't like it.

Loads of opposition players have done that to the South Stand supporters Alickismyhero.
One of the worst celebrations was by Bristol City players who lined up to pretend to serve tennis style, as if to say, take that you lot.
Also, another really bad one was by Che Adams.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 08, 2018, 06:57:43 pm by NickDRFC »
A bloke near me is always on his back whenever he goes wide to chase or pick up a ball.
“ Stay down the middle Marquis, you are supposed to be a centre forward” he shouts at him.

Always wondered when I see something like this - do you say anything to said person at the time?

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 08, 2018, 06:58:47 pm by Pliskin »
Two from crosses, one long ranger and a one-on-one.

A nice variety of good quality goals there.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 08, 2018, 07:01:17 pm by drfchound »

Always wondered when I see something like this - do you say anything to said person at the time?

Yes, I do to be fair.
We scored after taking a short corner in a recent game and a bloke near me ripped into Copps, shouting at him to sling the ball into the box ( instead of taking it short).
I made a point of saying it was a good job he didn’t after we had scored.
However this particular bloke is a few rows behind me so I don’t know who he is.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 08, 2018, 07:12:10 pm by Al4475 »
That fourth goal is class!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 08, 2018, 07:20:17 pm by RoversAlias »
Plenty of people criticise Marquis at games, and I see it online too. It's madness, he's such an important player for us and an excellent striker who works dead hard for the team.

I heard someone call him lazy last week. Lazy! Absolutely ridiculous.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 08, 2018, 07:22:45 pm by drfchound »
Out of interest, just before the Bristol player takes that corner leading to our breakaway fourth goal, has anyone else noticed the two gnomes in that corner of the pitch.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 08, 2018, 07:23:47 pm by Boomstick »
First and last goals 👌

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 08, 2018, 07:24:28 pm by scawsby steve »

Loads of opposition players have done that to the South Stand supporters Alickismyhero.
One of the worst celebrations was by Bristol City players who lined up to pretend to serve tennis style, as if to say, take that you lot.
Also, another really bad one was by Che Adams.

I agree Hound; 2 of the worst for me were Charlie Austin and Ross McCormack.

darren61

« Reply #17 on December 08, 2018, 07:31:54 pm by darren61 »

Get a grip man, it happens all the time and we as Donny fans have had it done to us over the years plenty of times.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 08, 2018, 07:32:42 pm by Pliskin »
Marquis isn't perfect. He can have games where his passing and touch looks poor.

His tremendous effort and contribution to the team has never been in doubt for us however. His goalscoring record speaks for itself.

It goes without saying that he should start every game he's available. And he does.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 08, 2018, 07:35:38 pm by glosterred »
A tweet from BRFC twitter feed re first goal

9' | Goal @drfc_official. Marquis finds the net from twenty-five yards out with a finish that creeps into the top corner.

#BRFC 0-1 #DRFC

Live match centre ➡️ goo.gl/aK9qin

Yep that crept in to the top corner alright, a slightly blue and white tinted glasses moment there from the tweeter!

COYR

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 08, 2018, 07:47:02 pm by Alickismyhero »

---------------------------------------------

Get a grip man, it happens all the time and we as Donny fans have had it done to us over the years plenty of times.

And that's my point Darren, I would prefer Donny not to do it. Wilks has an attitude problem as it is and if the Ref sees his action is to dangerously enrage the opposition supporters he can give a yellow card, why risk it?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 08, 2018, 07:49:21 pm by drfchound »

And that's my point Darren, I would prefer Donny not to do it. Wilks has an attitude problem as it is and if the Ref sees his action is to dangerously enrage the opposition supporters he can give a yellow card, why risk it?

Alick, Herbie Kane also did it today, after the fourth goal.

Marquis does it on a regular basis.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 08, 2018, 07:51:01 pm by Nudga »
It won't play for me.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 09, 2018, 01:06:14 am by DRNaith »

To be honest, I don't think that's abusive, it's just a frustrated (ill informed) opinion.

I think the abuse more likely takes the form of saying he's useless and a waste of space, with other words used.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 09, 2018, 10:21:54 am by RedJ »
You've got to factor in the fact that half our fans haven't got a f**king clue about football as well.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 09, 2018, 10:49:36 am by RoversAlias »
You've got to factor in the fact that half our fans haven't got a f**king clue about football as well.

Half? You're being generous!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 09, 2018, 02:00:39 pm by selby »
 Well someone has to ask, what half would you two put yourselves in? As ever I would expect you to back each other up.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 09, 2018, 04:01:22 pm by RedJ »
:yawn:

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 09, 2018, 05:00:49 pm by selby »
Obviously the tired half.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 09, 2018, 05:08:08 pm by Alickismyhero »

Alick, Herbie Kane also did it today, after the fourth goal.

Marquis does it on a regular basis.

Yes H just seen it where Herbie really celebrates in the opposition faces. I think Herbie took some stick during the game from the home supporters because Herbie  is a ex City player/supporter, I would still prefer not to see it but it happens.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012