Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:30:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Channel crossing record beat.(again and again and again)  (Read 37600 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Channel crossing record beat.(again and again and again)
« Reply #270 on December 18, 2021, 09:41:03 pm by SydneyRover »
I was wondering why you keep posting about it

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #271 on December 18, 2021, 09:42:51 pm by tyke1962 »
Just think of it as one of the richest countries in the world helping those that are being displaced through no fault of their own.

Plenty of room here Sydney
 despite the fact it's a small country , people who work can't always feed themselves other than foodbanks .

Decent housing and Schools at a premium and an NHS on its ass and needs more patients like I need piles.

Good shout from ten thousand miles away .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #272 on December 18, 2021, 10:08:52 pm by SydneyRover »
Maybe the compact nature doesn't allow their minds to expand, but there you go aye

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #273 on December 18, 2021, 10:12:36 pm by tyke1962 »
Maybe the compact nature doesn't allow their minds to expand, but there you go aye

It certainly doesn't yours and you've the Outback to find your soul .

Although reality escapes you .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #274 on December 18, 2021, 10:13:48 pm by SydneyRover »

Nothing like a bit of sovrenty to bring out the worst in people aye

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #275 on December 18, 2021, 10:20:49 pm by tyke1962 »

Nothing like a bit of sovrenty to bring out the worst in people aye

Nowt to do with sovereignty Sydney and more reality .

You've more room for expansion in Australia than any country I know .

Yet you have some of the toughest immigration rules in the world .

Not a word about that , not a peep .

Funny that .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #276 on December 18, 2021, 10:35:59 pm by SydneyRover »
You need to read my back cattledog, meanwhile ...................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HxenkZBSRU

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #277 on December 18, 2021, 10:49:14 pm by tyke1962 »
You need to read my back cattledog, meanwhile ...................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HxenkZBSRU

Your alright though aren't you Sydney ? , well away from the reality .

The champagne clearly tastes very good in  not me Guv land .

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #278 on December 18, 2021, 10:55:19 pm by normal rules »
A couple of weeks ago when that boat tragically went down in the channel with the pointless loss of life, a news team tracked down a man in Iraq who had lost his wife and children on the boat. He was still in Iraq. He had stayed behind in Iraq. He did not look, sound or allege to be suffering. He was not complaining of persecution or tyranny. He was certainly not fleeing conflict.
Many of those crossing the channel are economic migrants. Why else would they pass through safe countries such as Austria, Slovenia, Switzerland, Germany, France.
They are not fleeing persecution or conflict.
They come looking for a better life. That I accept.
But is that here for them?
Tens of thousands already use food banks in this country. We have our own homeless issues. This is a very difficult country to live in if you have little or nothing.
And it’s not getting any easier.
They think this is the land of milk and honey. It isn’t.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #279 on December 18, 2021, 11:00:34 pm by tyke1962 »
A couple of weeks ago when that boat tragically went down in the channel with the pointless loss of life, a news team tracked down a man in Iraq who had lost his wife and children on the boat. He was still in Iraq. He had stayed behind in Iraq. He did not look, sound or allege to be suffering. He was not complaining of persecution or tyranny. He was certainly not fleeing conflict.
Many of those crossing the channel are economic migrants. Why else would they pass through safe countries such as Austria, Slovenia, Switzerland, Germany, France.
Tens of thousands already use food banks in this country. We have our own homeless issues. This is a very difficult country to live in if you have little or nothing.

Absolutely nailed it .

We aren't heartless feckers we just see the reality of this .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #280 on December 18, 2021, 11:02:18 pm by SydneyRover »

Do you only read your own posts NR? if you go back through the thread you will see that you don't really have a clue or are maliciously trying to foment trouble, the majority of those landing are found to be genuine refugees.

I'll post it again

''Most people who risk Channel boat crossings are refugees – report

Analysis contradicts Priti Patel’s claim that 70% are single men who are economic migrants to UK''

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/nov/17/most-people-who-risk-channel-boat-crossings-are-refugees-report

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #281 on December 18, 2021, 11:03:46 pm by drfchound »
Well it is in the Guardian so it must be true.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #282 on December 18, 2021, 11:06:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Absolutely spot on. Anyone who doesn't see this is either naive or kidding themselves for political righteousness.

Post of the year.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #283 on December 18, 2021, 11:16:17 pm by SydneyRover »
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/nov/17/most-people-who-risk-channel-boat-crossings-are-refugees-report

Any of the brave boys out there happy to bet on this and prove it is incorrect???

I'll put my £100 up to your £50 for the food bank, put up or shut I say.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #284 on December 18, 2021, 11:20:06 pm by tyke1962 »

Its heartening that your average Labour voter isn't swayed by the written media .

I mean for God sake like your average Tory voter or leaver is  influenced by the Mail and Express .

Does this work only one way Hound ?

The Guardian is also owned by a tax  dodging multi millionaire by the way  .

Hypocrisy , who knew hound ?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #285 on December 18, 2021, 11:25:03 pm by tyke1962 »

Any of the brave boys out there happy to bet on this and prove it is incorrect???

I'll put my £100 up to your £50 for the food bank, put up or shut I say.

I've supported a food bank and worked in one free of charge .

You can shove your £100 up your ass pal .

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #286 on December 18, 2021, 11:36:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Our very own "Little Drummer Boy" at Christmas!

Come, they told me he's a proper pom pom
Our newborn King to see, a proper pom pom
The finest gifts he brings a proper pom pom
To lay before the king a proper pom pom, proper pom pom, proper pom pom

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #287 on December 19, 2021, 06:48:38 am by SydneyRover »

Its heartening that your average Labour voter isn't swayed by the written media .

I mean for God sake like your average Tory voter or leaver is  influenced by the Mail and Express .

Does this work only one way Hound ?

The Guardian is also owned by a tax  dodging multi millionaire by the way  .

Hypocrisy , who knew hound ?

Would you like to pull another £50 our of your own arse and back yourself in on this I'm betting your wrong about this, Mr mouth no trousers? Double up if you wish.  :)

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #288 on December 19, 2021, 09:07:34 am by KeithMyath »

Absolutely nailed it .

We aren't heartless feckers we just see the reality of this .

Nailed it? What utter twaddle. Based on what? the view of one life and how they interpreted it, not based on fact or anything  akin to humanity. People fleeing persecution, would see food banks as a positive not a negative, it would show that people in this country care for their fellow human beings.

If you really want to put people off fleeing to the uk shores, we should allow them access to this forum.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 12:15:57 pm by normal rules »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #290 on January 04, 2022, 11:39:37 am by normal rules »
Figures release today shown that migrant crossing of the uk trebled that of 2020. In 2021, at least 28500 made the crossing.
That’s the equivalent of the pop of Beverley or Pontefract.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #291 on January 04, 2022, 12:42:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
They'll help repopulate the six Pontefract sized towns who died of Covid in 2020 then.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #292 on January 04, 2022, 02:20:04 pm by Axholme Lion »
Where are they all going to live? I am sick to death of seeing more and more housing estates being thrown up. Tiny houses, tiny gardens, so called detached houses about eighteen inches apart, cars parked everywhere... What about our quality of life? No wonder everyone is angry living on top of each other. When is full up? At what point will the do gooders accept the country is full up? What number is maxxed out?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #293 on January 04, 2022, 02:49:49 pm by normal rules »
It’s not that we don’t have the room, we have if you compare us to places like Hong Kong or Mexico City. We just do not have the infrastructure. Services are already maxed out.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #294 on January 04, 2022, 03:33:31 pm by Axholme Lion »
It’s not that we don’t have the room, we have if you compare us to places like Hong Kong or Mexico City. We just do not have the infrastructure. Services are already maxed out.

Who wants to live in Hong Kong or Mexico City. The peace and quiet of the English countryside is a thing to be treasured. Once it's gone it's gone forever. Do we really want to look out of our windows at a sea of grey concrete and people?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #295 on January 04, 2022, 04:20:50 pm by normal rules »
Whilst my examples were at the extreme, we do have room in the uk lots of it, by comparison.
But there are not enough houses, hospitals, doctors, nurses, dentists , schools, care homes to cater for extra thousands.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #296 on January 04, 2022, 04:30:30 pm by wilts rover »
Not particularly on the topic subject but relevant to what people have been discussing - talks on a trade deal with India will begin this week.

As previously mentioned one key damand that the Indian government has made to agree a deal is more & easier visas for Indian's to live and work in the UK. According to the Daily Mail, the government is set to agree to this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10360317/Ministers-relax-immigration-rules-help-thousands-Indians-live-work-UK.html

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #297 on January 04, 2022, 04:42:17 pm by normal rules »
Not particularly on the topic subject but relevant to what people have been discussing - talks on a trade deal with India will begin this week.

As previously mentioned one key damand that the Indian government has made to agree a deal is more & easier visas for Indian's to live and work in the UK. According to the Daily Mail, the government is set to agree to this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10360317/Ministers-relax-immigration-rules-help-thousands-Indians-live-work-UK.html

Providing any visas are reciprocal.
Cheap housing in India .
Nice climate.
Great food.
That’s my retirement sorted.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #298 on January 05, 2022, 12:14:52 am by SydneyRover »
Refugees that arrive legitimately are a net benefit to most countries, look no further than the US, Canada, Australia and many others, here's another good news story.

''Matil Haddad arrived in Alice Springs when she was 14, now she's the dux of her year 12 class.

"I was sort of thrown into this new world, and it was like 'OK, now go be an adult', and I was not ready; it was hard," she said.

Being one of the only Arab families in Alice Springs, there were no translators available to help her parents, so she was the family's translator''

Now Dux of her school.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-05/matil-haddad-dux-year-12-class-alice-springs/100737810

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #299 on January 05, 2022, 04:22:08 am by SydneyRover »

Providing any visas are reciprocal.
Cheap housing in India .
Nice climate.
Great food.
That’s my retirement sorted.

You'll have plenty to report on when you get there and being an economic refugee NR, be prepared for a forum backlash if you dare hold an opinion opposite to the mob.

''Refugees are people who are recognized as refugees under the 1951 Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees or its 1967 Protocol, the 1969 Organization of African Unity Convention Governing the Specific Aspects of Refugee Problems in Africa, people recognized as refugees in accordance with the UNHCR statute, people granted refugee-like humanitarian status, and people provided temporary protection. Asylum seekers--people who have applied for asylum or refugee status and who have not yet received a decision or who are registered as asylum seekers--are excluded. Palestinian refugees are people (and their descendants) whose residence was Palestine between June 1946 and May 1948 and who lost their homes and means of livelihood as a result of the 1948 Arab-Israeli conflict. Country of asylum is the country where an asylum claim was filed and granted.

India refugee statistics for 2020 was 195,403.00, a 0.15% increase from 2019''
India refugee statistics for 2019 was 195,103.00, a 0.4% decline from 2018.
India refugee statistics for 2018 was 195,887.00, a 0.64% decline from 2017.
India refugee statistics for 2017 was 197,142.00, a 0.36% decline from 2016''

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/IND/india/refugee-statistics

TinyPortal © 2005-2012