Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:46:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: B team boycott / supporters match  (Read 6920 times)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
Re: B team boycott / supporters match
« Reply #30 on August 29, 2017, 05:36:19 pm by VivaRovers »
I wonder how many would be boycotting it if we want all the way to the final at Wembley?

Well, I would. I'm nowt if not stoic in my stand points.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 29, 2017, 07:19:12 pm by donnievic »
Well I was up at 1am to go upto Aberdeen then back  home via Glasgow and now on the way to the game

murham

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 29, 2017, 07:50:39 pm by murham »
Boycotting your own team
Mmmmmmmm
Seems like a good idea

:suicide:

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 29, 2017, 08:09:55 pm by Muttley »
Boycotting your own team
Mmmmmmmm
Seems like a good idea

:suicide:

Demonstrating to the EFL & FA that they should take notice of fans' views and respect the integrity of the competition....priceless.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 29, 2017, 08:20:48 pm by bpoolrover »
But our club voted to keep it the same so are they not equally to blame
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:29:16 pm by bpoolrover »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 29, 2017, 08:44:27 pm by RedJ »
Suppose you've chosen to ignore that the Premier League threatened to cut money if clubs voted against it, eh?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 29, 2017, 08:51:53 pm by dknward2 »
Didn't think we voted for it as the the voted had already passed before we got to our vote so it didn't matter anyway

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 29, 2017, 08:54:18 pm by bpoolrover »
No red j I don't think that happened this year

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 29, 2017, 08:59:06 pm by GazLaz »
300+ Donny fans there.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 29, 2017, 09:36:07 pm by RedJ »
No red j I don't think that happened this year

You sure?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 29, 2017, 09:40:12 pm by bpoolrover »
Not 100percent mate but thought they were given 3 options, 1 scrap last years format and go back to how it used to be and can't remember other 2 off my head

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 29, 2017, 09:46:30 pm by silent majority »
There was the option to scrap the competition, or accept a modified competition which they went for. The PL increased the funding.

By the way, people keep mentioning the FA but it has absolutely nothing to do with them, its an EFL competition.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 29, 2017, 09:47:54 pm by bpoolrover »
Thank you most teams seemed happy with the format of am I wrong sm?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 29, 2017, 10:13:29 pm by donnievic »
Just a little 878 miles upto Scotland and d and then Grimsby to see a win on pens deffo worth going now £10 entry and 2 kids free

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 29, 2017, 10:17:06 pm by silent majority »
Thank you most teams seemed happy with the format of am I wrong sm?

Yep. During our meeting we were given the figures for acceptance and it was very high. We were also given the data for those clubs who had consulted with their supporter groups and that was a high percentage too.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 29, 2017, 10:23:49 pm by bpoolrover »
Thank you I thought had read as much somewhere

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 29, 2017, 10:35:42 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Not 100percent mate but thought they were given 3 options, 1 scrap last years format and go back to how it used to be and can't remember other 2 off my head
There was the option to scrap the competition, or accept a modified competition which they went for. The PL increased the funding.

By the way, people keep mentioning the FA but it has absolutely nothing to do with them, its an EFL competition.

And theres the answer scrap the competition or accept a modified competition   you said it SM lose it or do what we tell you or nobody gets nothing

There was no choice bully boy tactics

Ok I accept it was EFL accepting it as opposed to the FA :)

So are you surprised that the acceptance by the EFL was high ........................

Sorry Martyn its all business and stuff the supporters because they don't give a stuff! ( I mean the the PL and EFL not the clubs) 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:42:26 pm by Dagenham Rover »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 29, 2017, 10:58:46 pm by RedJ »
Accepting the format doesn't necessarily mean involving B teams. I'm in favour of the group type format as it gives clubs a chance to play players who might not normally get professional game time, but I'm not a fan of bas**rdising a tournament devised to give lower league clubs a chance to win something - even if it's not taken seriously by the B teams (which devalues it even more, arguably).

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 30, 2017, 12:03:52 am by Mustapha-Dump »
Just to let everybody know that we ran out 1-0 winners in a greatly contested game with 161 fans in attendance and another 913 watching online so in total 1074 people watched our game tonight and we have raised £1200 and counting for local charities. All in all a great event for the fans.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 30, 2017, 01:21:19 am by bpoolrover »
No red j and that's your choice, but it was put to the clubs that b teams were in the competition and the clubs agreed to it

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on August 30, 2017, 09:29:30 am by silent majority »

And theres the answer scrap the competition or accept a modified competition   you said it SM lose it or do what we tell you or nobody gets nothing

So are you surprised that the acceptance by the EFL was high ........................

Sorry Martyn its all business and stuff the supporters because they don't give a stuff! ( I mean the the PL and EFL not the clubs) 

Sorry daggers, but if you wish to kick up a fuss its always better to understand what the argument is. There is no real distinction between the clubs and the EFL, the clubs are the EFL! All the EFL board do is carry out the wishes and requirements of the clubs and one of those objectives was to turn that competition into something meaningful and to try and create more revenue. A failure to do that would mean that one of the options would be to scrap the competition. Its not a threat to either clubs or supporters, it was an option, one that was voiced by quite a of of supporters.

Attendances have always been poor in the early rounds, and with this current format the attendances have dropped again, but the income for the clubs has gone up. Seeing as its the clubs who make the decision then they have voted to trial the new format. Its certainly not bully boy tactics. The clubs voted for this, they didn't have to.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 30, 2017, 10:02:01 am by bobjimwilly »
It is a joke of a competition right now; extra friendlies for clubs to trial youth players, that's all it is.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 30, 2017, 10:03:54 am by Dagenham Rover »

Sorry daggers, but if you wish to kick up a fuss its always better to understand what the argument is. There is no real distinction between the clubs and the EFL, the clubs are the EFL! All the EFL board do is carry out the wishes and requirements of the clubs and one of those objectives was to turn that competition into something meaningful and to try and create more revenue. A failure to do that would mean that one of the options would be to scrap the competition. Its not a threat to either clubs or supporters, it was an option, one that was voiced by quite a of of supporters.

Attendances have always been poor in the early rounds, and with this current format the attendances have dropped again, but the income for the clubs has gone up. Seeing as its the clubs who make the decision then they have voted to trial the new format.  Its certainly not bully boy tactics. The clubs voted for this, they didn't have to.

vote for it with increased prize money or lose everything ......................

the format wouldn't be too bad although over complicated    minus the academy teams :) :)

and in honesty I'm not bothered

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 30, 2017, 10:14:13 am by bpoolrover »
Bob it's always been like that thou

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 30, 2017, 10:18:26 am by DearneValleyRover »
I still think it should be run pre season instead of friendlies

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 30, 2017, 10:22:39 am by GazLaz »
I still think it should be run pre season instead of friendlies

Outside the Prem teams in the same divisions don't play against each other.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 30, 2017, 03:02:41 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Whilst it could be the beginning of a door for some kind of top club's B teams to be in the league, it isn't. It's a cup comp where last season only one top club, Swansea, made it as far as the quarter finals with their B/youth team. If the top clubs started to dominate, that would certainly make it a farce, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

In this group stage, we blood youth and fringe players too. I think it serves a purpose, though will always be a minor competition. Having said that - who can say they didn't enjoy their day out at the Millenium?

The EFL Cup is only a level higher than this, and the FA Cup a level higher than that. None of them nearly on par with the Leagues, and all devalued to some extent as clubs target their priorities.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 03:05:19 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 30, 2017, 04:23:43 pm by the vicar »
It is good it made money for good causes but boycotting the games won't make a bit of difference to the competition as clubs want it so it's here to stay

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on September 09, 2017, 11:42:15 am by Mustapha-Dump »
Final update, this game managed to raise £1546.26 for charities after costs. With £515.42 going to each of the three charities, ours being bluebell wood, thanks to all involved!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012