Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:44:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Experiment 361 - 20 games in  (Read 1382 times)

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
Experiment 361 - 20 games in
« on December 28, 2012, 09:43:28 am by FuzzyDuck »
http://experimental361.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/experimental-361-20-games-in.pdf

I had a check back and this link has not yet been posted, although somebody did post the 10 - game report.  The author has maintained his good work.

For Donny, attacking-wise, barely anything has changed.  Few shots but a very good conversion rate.  Defensively we've improved a bit (more shots being needed to score past us).

The best stat in the article is that we have never lost the points once in front - only 3 teams in the league can boast that.  In coming from behind we are also good (6th in League 1).

The only stat that concerns me slightly is the difference between the defence's performance at home and away.  It takes opponents on average 11 fewer shots to score against the Rovers at the Keepmoat than elsewhere.  Only Notts County in our division show this problem to this extent.

The attack require 3 shots more per goal on average, but this is more typical of the division and can be explained by the fact that home teams attack more and away sides are more likely to park the bus.

I don't think there are too many surprises in there.  The author's done a great job though.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
Re: Experiment 361 - 20 games in
« Reply #1 on December 28, 2012, 09:59:35 am by eastender »
It seems to me that the opposition on average only need one shot on target to score at the Keepmoat .   :(

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 28, 2012, 10:11:38 am by FuzzyDuck »
I just checked - we're 2nd worst in league 1 on that stat. 39% of opposition shots on target end up in the net at the Keepmoat.  Only Carlisle are worse (53%)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 28, 2012, 10:15:09 am by Filo »
http://experimental361.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/experimental-361-20-games-in.pdf

I had a check back and this link has not yet been posted, although somebody did post the 10 - game report.  The author has maintained his good work.

For Donny, attacking-wise, barely anything has changed.  Few shots but a very good conversion rate.  Defensively we've improved a bit (more shots being needed to score past us).

The best stat in the article is that we have never lost the points once in front - only 3 teams in the league can boast that.  In coming from behind we are also good (6th in League 1).

The only stat that concerns me slightly is the difference between the defence's performance at home and away.  It takes opponents on average 11 fewer shots to score against the Rovers at the Keepmoat than elsewhere.  Only Notts County in our division show this problem to this extent.

The attack require 3 shots more per goal on average, but this is more typical of the division and can be explained by the fact that home teams attack more and away sides are more likely to park the bus.

I don't think there are too many surprises in there.  The author's done a great job though.

It`s hidden at the bottom of this thread ;)

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=236111.msg288470#msg288470

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 02, 2013, 01:22:19 pm by eastender »
I just checked - we're 2nd worst in league 1 on that stat. 39% of opposition shots on target end up in the net at the Keepmoat.  Only Carlisle are worse (53%)

You might like to update that stat  Mr Duck.
I made it 3 shots on target and 2 goals (66%).
So we should be in the 40% + area now.  :(

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 02, 2013, 01:30:16 pm by MachoMadness »
We had never lost the points from going in front - until yesterday! Well, we lost 2 points anyway.  :crying:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012