Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:52:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alfie Emmo  (Read 3553 times)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
Alfie Emmo
« on December 30, 2012, 02:58:40 pm by Lesonthewest »
Earlier today I lost my dad, fellow posters Rovernout & Stocksarmy lost a brother & Grandad, & Rovers lost a long standing supporter of many years. It was he who was responsible for me & my family being the Rovers fans they are today & for that we are forever grateful. His favourite all time player was King Alec & takes with him many memories. We will all miss him terribly, as a dad, brother, partner, grandad, & great grandad to budding 1 year old Rover Jake. All in all he was a top bloke & great musician over the years on the local circuit.

A stroke cut him down 11 years ago but he still witnessed the great times since then including our return at Stoke & the promotions that followed. His death coincides with the return of his favourite player from those years in James Coppinger, of which he played the almost worn out DVD against Southend daily, describing the best hatrick he had ever witnessed.

It will be with heavy hearts when we take our seats at the Keepmoat on Tuesday, but there we will be supporting our club as he wouldn't have had it any other way. So come on Rovers, do this one for 'Alfie'. RIP Dad.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Alfie Emmo
« Reply #1 on December 30, 2012, 03:00:34 pm by RedJ »
Sorry to hear that, particularly at this time of year. Lump in the throat, reading that.

Puts things into perspective really.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 30, 2012, 03:03:47 pm by Filo »
Sorry to hear that Les, Alfie was a top bloke and a really nice fella, I remember picking him and his old mate Bobby Grix up in the taxi, before his stroke, sadly both are not with us any more, condolences to you and your family Les

RIP Alfie

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 30, 2012, 03:04:31 pm by anton123 »
R I P my fellow rover my thoughts r with the family x

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 30, 2012, 03:08:26 pm by MachoMadness »
Sorry to hear that, sincere condolences to you and your family.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 30, 2012, 03:20:02 pm by rover-n-out »
Thanks for those heartfelt words Les.
I will miss my brother terribly. He, along with my brother Dickie took me to my first Rovers game when I was about 10 yo I think. Alfie had an old Bedford Dormobile in those days, and they just chucked me in the back, and off we went. Sheff. Utd. at home, Harry Gregg in goal for us and we lost 2-0. 1958 I think.

Although my work as a musician kept me away from Belle Vue for many years as I was travelling all over the place, I never stopped following Rovers, and were the first team I looked for when the results came in.

As I have gotten older, and am no longer a pro musician, it is a great bonus to be able to attend Rovers games, and have seen some amazing games the last few years, all because my two brothers chucked me in the back of a Dormobile. I was hooked from then on.

God speed Alfie, you will be sadly missed by me, my family, your family, and all who had the pleasure of knowing you. Your brother always. Pip.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 30, 2012, 03:35:25 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Condolences to you all from me too. I lost my father 3 years ago  - and he also was the one to take me to my first game. I was pleased he got to see Rovers back in the Championship, back at the level when he first watched them.

RIP Alfie

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 30, 2012, 03:36:59 pm by benaldo »
While I may be the most unpopular poster on here, I genuinely feel for you and I hope you get through this difficult period in your lives as safely as you can.

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 30, 2012, 03:46:23 pm by bigbadjack »
dont know you pal but my thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time!

paul

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 30, 2012, 03:57:16 pm by donnyallday »
God Bless, im sure he will be looking down on us against the Utd game willing us on to win.  :rtid:

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 30, 2012, 04:32:47 pm by jucyberry »
I'm so sorry to read this Les, my  heart and thoughts go out to you, Pip and the rest of your family, losing a loved one at any time is hard, but at christmas it seems to hurt so much more. I know exactly how you are feeling, my dad passed away many years ago at Christmas too.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #11 on December 30, 2012, 06:54:17 pm by GM-MarkB »
Sorry to hear that Les...i'll see you in the Sub on Weds morning...am on 12's mate

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 30, 2012, 09:44:24 pm by PDX_Rover »
Condolences to you and your family. Lost my Dad totally unexpectedly in February 2011, aged 64.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 30, 2012, 09:52:39 pm by Chris Black come back »
At times like this I think of the hundreds of thousands of Rovers fans over three separate centuries who have trudged off on Saturday afternoons to watch the red and white wizards play at our various grounds, and how many of them would have given anything to experience our last ten years. Your dad was able to do that and most importantly with his family next to him. A lucky guy.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 30, 2012, 10:15:31 pm by rover-n-out »
Thank you all for your very touching tributes to Alfie. It won't seem the same with him not sitting there in his red and white bobble hat and his trusty old rattle.

PS. Like your new avatar Juicy.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 30, 2012, 10:18:16 pm by jucyberry »
If Alfie was as lovely as you Pip I wish I could have met him. I still remember our hug at Wembley with great fondness.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 30, 2012, 10:29:54 pm by hoolahoop »
RIP Alfie and condolences to you all. Hopefully we can all dedicate a win against our rivals to him soon.  :(

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 30, 2012, 11:09:42 pm by rover-n-out »
Oh Jucy!! you flatterer, I've gone all floppy and daft!   :kiss:

DancasterRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 30, 2012, 11:17:27 pm by DancasterRovers »
Condolences to you and your family, lets hope we can get a win from him on Tuesday

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 31, 2012, 12:08:11 am by Bentley Bullet »
There's never a good time to lose a loved one but this time of year has to be the worst.

God bless you all. There's plenty of good people up there to look after him.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 31, 2012, 11:20:35 am by StocksArmy »
Nothing I can say thats not already been said. I will miss my Grandad dearly and it is a pleasure to have known him. Thank you all for your kind words it does help us through these times and come on Rovers lets do it for Grandad Emmo!!  :rtid:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 31, 2012, 12:12:56 pm by RobTheRover »
Please add my best wishes and sincere condolences to the entire family. Never nice to lose a fellow Rover,  and especially so one so close to long standing VSC forum users.

Thoughts with you all.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 31, 2012, 05:26:06 pm by Ian Nimmo »
Whatever the result tomorrow, use the match to celebrate your dad's support for the rovers.
God bless to all of you

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 31, 2012, 05:51:03 pm by DonnyRTID »
RIP Alfie and condolences to all the family.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 31, 2012, 06:40:29 pm by Lesonthewest »
Thankyou to each & every one of you for your kind words & condolences, it really does mean a great deal to us, thanks again.

Up the Rovers.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 31, 2012, 06:48:48 pm by idler »
Hope that you enjoy tomorrow, whatever the result.
Just remember that Alfie saw it all, good days bad days we always bounce back,
That's why we still have a club becayse of people like him.
Long may it continue. :scarf:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 01, 2013, 01:40:31 am by Sammy Chung was King »
RIP Sad to hear,especially at this time of year,i know the hurt that you feel,because i've gone through it with my dad,you'll never lose all the happy memories you've enjoyed with him,and the man you are today is what he helped build,thoughts and Best wishes to you all.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 01, 2013, 01:45:49 am by BobG »
Sad days. I wish it had not happened. My Dad died 13 years ago now. Time flies. But I still miss him. I still think of him. I still wish he could have seen the Rovers this last 10 years too. As some on here will remember, he offered a lot of wisdom. I bet Emmo did too. Chin up chaps.

Cheers

BobG

Townender

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 01, 2013, 02:09:15 am by Townender »
Sorry to hear your news Les, I, like many others on here, probably don`t know you from Adam but, myself and Stockyboy`s thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 01, 2013, 02:40:51 am by Viking Don »
Echo all the above thoughts Les and family, sincere condolences. A win today will never make up for your loss but maybe Alfie will still be cheering us on from wherever we go when our time is up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012