Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:15:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So what do we need?  (Read 1153 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
So what do we need?
« on January 01, 2013, 01:25:54 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The January Sales are now open,Harry Redknapp used to camping out,outside Harrods for players,is maybe pitching his tent up outside M&S,with the odd bit of indulgence from the back of Harrods,when the sales have finished.
Deano on the other hand is currently sat outside Matalan,tent pitched,tin of beans on the gas stove,with a list of players needed for success and growth safely rolled up in his long john's,on one list is the Matalan players,the one's he can get free,but might be carrying a bit of baggage,on the other list,are the Asda one's, the one's who need money spending one them plus the wages,but do come with a years guarantee and don't drop to bits after a month,and just in case he doesn't make a (Mal) Purchase here,the fitness coach has got his tent out,cooking a few bangers waiting for Aldi's offerings.
Being serious what do you think we need?,i'd like to see a creative midfielder,Richie Wellens would do,a more experienced back up for Gary Woods,a quick centre-back,and a striker with a bit of pace,maybe a loan signing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: So what do we need?
« Reply #1 on January 01, 2013, 01:36:08 am by jonnydog »
I know it might not be to everyone's preference, but a Fabien Robert or more a Milan Lalkovic style player would tear up this league!!

A bit of pace up front wouldn't go amiss but I'm happy how we are now

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 01, 2013, 01:44:41 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Two out of the four positions would do for me jonny,maybe Coppinger would give us the added class,another one i wouldn't mind Jonathan Forte,good up front or out wide,Robert now he would be a statement of intent,i was hoping that every manager that Billy Sharp get's doesn't rate him,so he could come back home,but miracles like that don't happen twice.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 01, 2013, 02:14:14 am by GazLaz »
Keeper and a centre midfield essential.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 01, 2013, 02:14:43 am by newyankee »
 Lalkovic is on loan for the year to a Portuguese club.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 01, 2013, 10:50:12 am by Barmby Rover »
A couple of good midfielders from Lg.2 with ambition, get rid of Harper and Keegan ( I wish!) and get a back up decent keeper from the same source. We should always be looking downwards for our players, not up. All we can afford from there are failures (as in last season) or ones looking for retirement. Wellens? No. Great player but for how long now?

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #6 on January 01, 2013, 10:54:07 am by Rovin Reporter »
It's pity in the January sales you take them back if they don't fit so to speak.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 01, 2013, 10:57:52 am by wilts rover »
Some of the best players in this division so far this season have been players from the leagues above with a point to prove, McGoldrick, Clark, Cassidy etc.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 01, 2013, 11:05:12 am by RobTheRover »
Good spot, Wilts.  I'm sure that hasnt gone unnoticed at the club when the shopping list was drawn up.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 01, 2013, 11:07:45 am by Filo »
A keeper, a centre midfield general, and a Striker with genuine pace that is n`t afraid to use it, that`d do for me

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 01, 2013, 11:29:43 am by dickos1 »
A couple of good midfielders from Lg.2 with ambition, get rid of Harper and Keegan ( I wish!) and get a back up decent keeper from the same source. We should always be looking downwards for our players, not up. All we can afford from there are failures (as in last season) or ones looking for retirement. Wellens? No. Great player but for how long now?

Can't agree with that..
Jones, mcoombe, cotterill, Quinn, painter, harper, have all come from leagues above, wouldn't say they were failures.
As for wellens he's only 32 couple of very good seasons left in him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012