Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:05:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Subs cost us game  (Read 5308 times)

andyst79

• Forum Member
Subs cost us game
« on January 01, 2013, 05:49:59 pm by andyst79 »
I'm sorry but copps cost us the game 2day, every player played out their skin 2day absolutely no1 deserved to come off. Cruising at 2-0 no need 2 make any changes unless forced. As much as he deserves a home coming 2day was not the day. Martis didn't help either

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Beast

• Forum Member
Re: Subs cost us game
« Reply #1 on January 01, 2013, 05:52:39 pm by The Beast »
Nonsense

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 01, 2013, 05:54:39 pm by Filo »
Rubish! Losing Hume to injury and a ridiculos sending off, and also the fact that they should have been down to 10 men for most of the game, cost us the game

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 01, 2013, 05:54:50 pm by MachoMadness »
Nope. Catastrophic bad luck in the last 10 mins cost us the game, it's hard to take but can't fault anyone associated with DRFC today.

DancasterRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 01, 2013, 05:56:30 pm by DancasterRovers »
Nonsense

Red card and hume sending off did it. Coppinger came closer to scoring than Bennett did all day...

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 01, 2013, 05:56:51 pm by mushRTID »
Is the opening poster still drunk from last night?

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #6 on January 01, 2013, 05:58:28 pm by Rovin Reporter »
I'm sorry but copps cost us the game 2day, every player played out their skin 2day absolutely no1 deserved to come off. Cruising at 2-0 no need 2 make any changes unless forced. As much as he deserves a home coming 2day was not the day. Martis didn't help either
Bo******!!!!

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 01, 2013, 06:02:17 pm by andyst79 »
Joke of a sending off didn't help either , can't comment on pen from angle I was sat . But I'm sorry best home performance I've seen all season but it was all about copps 2day & Deano gave us what we all wanted 2day a copps second half cameo

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 01, 2013, 06:50:44 pm by Wellred »

Quinn slight hamstring strain
Hume cramp
Bennett waste of space

andyst79 total numpty

ck-rtid

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 01, 2013, 06:52:51 pm by ck-rtid »
it was a sending off all day long and not having Paynter on as an outlet put us under pressure for the equaliser

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 01, 2013, 06:53:12 pm by Drover »
For me the game changed when Quinn went off.Did he pick an injury up?Shame,because he as,sometimes,been a week link,but he was playing great today and our defense was rock solid until then.Griifin seemed to struggle to gel with the others,maybe a bit rusty benchwarming lately.Hence he was involved with the penalty incident,did not get a good enough view to say who's fault or if it should have been a penalty.Yes,the subs didnt help us today,but hey come on,SOD used to make poor subs regularly.Deano is usually spot on with his subs and considering he only has a comparatively small squad,we can allow him a mistake once in a while.

Edit,
By what wellred has said,It seems Quinn was injured.So I feel the only real bad Sub was Martis(A Defender) for hume with cramp(A Forward).The same Problem we had regularly with SOD bringing an extra defender on,inviting the opposition to attack and too many defenders in each others way.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:59:19 pm by Drover »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 01, 2013, 06:53:51 pm by MachoMadness »
Quinn was suffering a hamstring problem apparently.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 01, 2013, 06:55:20 pm by RedJ »
For me the game changed when Quinn went off.Did he pick an injury up?Shame,because he as,sometimes,been a week link,but he was playing great today and our defense was rock solid until then.Griifin seemed to struggle to gel with the others,maybe a bit rusty benchwarming lately.Hence he was involved with the penalty incident,did not get a good enough view to say who's fault or if it should have been a penalty.Yes,the subs didnt help us today,but hey come on,SOD used to make poor subs regularly.Deano is usually spot on with his subs and considering he only has a comparatively small squad,we can allow him a mistake once in a while.
Think the lack of an outlet up top cost us more than the subs did in all honesty.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 01, 2013, 06:55:54 pm by RedArmy »
there really are some deluded pricks that support rovers.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 01, 2013, 07:01:39 pm by andyst79 »
Not slating Deano just thought personally I wouldn't have made any changes at 2-0 unless needed. As for Bennett I'd be first to slate him but worked really hard today , hopefully he can start and reproduce some attacking flair with his new found work ethic. Can't fault any of the starting XI 2day awesome effort

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 01, 2013, 07:03:36 pm by dickos1 »
Not slating Deano just thought personally I wouldn't have made any changes at 2-0 unless needed. As for Bennett I'd be first to slate him but worked really hard today , hopefully he can start and reproduce some attacking flair with his new found work ethic. Can't fault any of the starting XI 2day awesome effort

They were needed, the players were injured

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 01, 2013, 07:14:55 pm by hoolahoop »
The substitutions had no relevance on the result , the loss of both Hume and Paynter did........it was just bad luck , poor decision making by Paynter and a referee who favoured the Blunts to a ridiculous degree.

ck-rtid

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 01, 2013, 07:16:32 pm by ck-rtid »
i think we had our fair share of free kicks and decisions from the officals, we must have had 6 free kicks at least that Cotterill delivered and caused panic.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:18:42 pm by ck-rtid »

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 01, 2013, 07:17:47 pm by andyst79 »
Bennett didn't look injured to me can any1 confirm?! Quinn would assume only came off due to injury . Martis coming on what a joke, We defended well all game till that clown came on , not fit to lace Jones boots. Wellred am I not allowed to have an opinion? Have you anything to oppose my opinion other than call me a numpty?!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 01, 2013, 07:20:20 pm by Wellred »
Bennett didn't look injured to me can any1 confirm?! Quinn would assume only came off due to injury . Martis coming on what a joke, We defended well all game till that clown came on , not fit to lace Jones boots. Wellred am I not allowed to have an opinion? Have you anything to oppose my opinion other than call me a numpty?!

Of course you are allowed an opinion.

It would carry a little more weight if you got your facts correct however.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 01, 2013, 07:21:48 pm by andyst79 »
What facts are those?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 01, 2013, 07:23:39 pm by Wellred »
What facts are those?

Read your opening post.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 01, 2013, 07:30:45 pm by andyst79 »
Personally I feel Deano felt he had to bring copps on 2day no matter what , it was what every fan including myself wanted. However I was expecting it to be a tense encounter at 0-0 after about 60 mins and the game in need of some old copps magic, not cruising at 2-0 totally in control and no need for any unforeseen changes so early in the second half

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 01, 2013, 07:33:54 pm by Wellred »
Personally I feel Deano felt he had to bring copps on 2day no matter what , it was what every fan including myself wanted. However I was expecting it to be a tense encounter at 0-0 after about 60 mins and the game in need of some old copps magic, not cruising at 2-0 totally in control and no need for any unforeseen changes so early in the second half

The changes were unforeseen but necessary.
Two players suffering with injuries hence the substitutions and one contributing very little.

That's why we had to make substitutions.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 01, 2013, 07:35:27 pm by andyst79 »
What did Bennett do wrong?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 01, 2013, 07:37:51 pm by Wellred »

What did he do full stop!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 01, 2013, 07:43:05 pm by hoolahoop »

What did he do full stop!

Exactly!! I'm still wondering how he couldn't manage to rip that defense to ribbons with his supposed skills.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 01, 2013, 07:45:48 pm by andyst79 »
Did a lot of work off the ball today and did the simple things well, lacking confidence in the final third which is frustrating just wish he'd beat his man more often but can't fault him today. Keegan been slated a lot lately absolutely bossed midfield IMHO & Paynter was terrific in holding the ball up & linking play

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 01, 2013, 07:51:10 pm by MachoMadness »
Thought Bennett was good today. Put some great crosses in and looked positive. Coincidence that he's started playing well just as the transfer window opens?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 01, 2013, 07:56:04 pm by Donnywolf »
Quinn was suffering a hamstring problem apparently.

As he came off he was banging his 2 fists together indicating a "knock" of some sort

TinyPortal © 2005-2012