Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:40:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dave Kitson...secret footballer  (Read 2852 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Dave Kitson...secret footballer
« on January 01, 2013, 09:13:32 pm by Red Rover »
I didn't make today's game, but I have read Dave Kitson's book, the secret footballer? Anyone else read it? I thought it was an exceptional insight into football behind the scenes, but was he really as much of a t**t as he usually is? Bizarre coz he comes across quite normal in his book

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Dave Kitson...secret footballer
« Reply #1 on January 01, 2013, 09:15:05 pm by MrFrost »
Goading the fans, smashed up (not just kicked) a few advertising boards when he scored and made a cut throat gesture after the game to someone in the West Stand who was giving him grief.

sirfoxinthebox

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 01, 2013, 09:17:13 pm by sirfoxinthebox »
anyone can sound good in a book not a model professional

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 01, 2013, 09:21:08 pm by MachoMadness »
I don't actually think the Secret Footballer is any one man. It's probably a collection of stories.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 01, 2013, 10:02:38 pm by RoversAlias »
It was never even confirmed to me him. I don't think Macho is far wrong with that assertion either.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 01, 2013, 10:05:40 pm by RedArmy »
i wonder if hes like what he is with us with any other clubs or what, is he just a general t**t?

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 01, 2013, 10:08:34 pm by German Rover »
In his defence, he spent an afternoon being called every name to a dog by the rovers fans, and when he did the only thing he could to get a sort of revenge, people complain, if you came to my work and called me a t**t all afternoon I'd be a bit wound up as well

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 01, 2013, 10:11:01 pm by MrFrost »
In his defence, he spent an afternoon being called every name to a dog by the rovers fans, and when he did the only thing he could to get a sort of revenge, people complain, if you came to my work and called me a t**t all afternoon I'd be a bit wound up as well

After his actions at the KMS last season, he couldn't have expected anything less. The man is a tosser.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 01, 2013, 10:36:05 pm by RedJ »
You come to mine and be an arrogant childish thuggish Kitson and see what you get called. I don't disagree but it does work both ways.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 01, 2013, 11:23:25 pm by donnievic »
Loved it how after he scored when he ran along west stand pointing down as in saying he sent us down,we'll got news for him wasn't as though we were going to stop up and he is just lucky that he is still playing in a higher league than us and not getting relegated himself.OH WAIT A MINUTE HE DID ginger Kitson

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 01, 2013, 11:26:32 pm by MachoMadness »
Loved it how after he scored when he ran along west stand pointing down as in saying he sent us down,we'll got news for him wasn't as though we were going to stop up and he is just lucky that he is still playing in a higher league than us and not getting relegated himself.OH WAIT A MINUTE HE DID ginger Kitson

I wonder if he genuinely thinks that we hate him because he "sent us down". If he honestly believes that he sent us down, or that any Rovers fan believes that, we can add intelligence to the laundry list of things that he lacks.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 02, 2013, 12:01:44 am by JonWallsend »

I agree. I'd have been tempted to do another lap and kick a few more boards just to stick it up the people who had been calling me. Thats life and as much as it sticks in the throat you have to take it and move on. Everybody gets way too precious.

Although, he had a bit of a cheek gripping his badge, as if he's Manor Top born and bred. I half suspected he was going to rip his shirt off to reveal a 101% Blade tattoo. 

Blades fans, on the radio, calling for Jones and Spurr to have been sent off based on nothing more than they used to play for Wednesday, are guilty of the same type of overly sensitive reactions when the slightest thing goes against them.

One clown claimed Jones headbutted Hill, given he would have had to get down on his knees to reach his eye level, I doubt it. I was bang in line, all Jones did was shove Hill as he was grabbing hold of his shirt and players and fans of United were up and screaming like a bunch of girls, for a red card. 

I realise its the modern way but this is the club that spawned Trevor(Hitman) Hockey, Mickey Speight( ask your Dad) and Chris Morgan. A sense of perspective needed.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012