Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:51:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stoke  (Read 1429 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Stoke
« on January 02, 2013, 07:28:15 am by GazLaz »
I watched Stoke against Liverpool last week and their style of play was exactly how we played yesterday. There was something different to our play yesterday. We were direct as ever at times but seemed a lot more rehearsed. Some long PASSES into Billy Berbatov up front were excellent and they were played exactly as Stoke play them up to big Kenwyn. At times this season we have played balls up just too aimlessly. I also like the fact Syers has the legs and the license to link up with the front men and the fact Kyle drifted in looking for the ball. This allowed us to keep possession better than we have in any other game this season because we didnt have a massive void between the midfield two and the front men. I posted a few weeks ago about what we needed to do to improve at home and yesterday we did nearly exactly what I said. Just hope we carry on with the same more positive approach in home games.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

vietaff

• Forum Member
Re: Stoke
« Reply #1 on January 02, 2013, 08:37:12 am by vietaff »
I watched Stoke against Liverpool last week and their style of play was exactly how we played yesterday. There was something different to our play yesterday. We were direct as ever at times but seemed a lot more rehearsed. Some long PASSES into Billy Berbatov up front were excellent and they were played exactly as Stoke play them up to big Kenwyn. At times this season we have played balls up just too aimlessly. I also like the fact Syers has the legs and the license to link up with the front men and the fact Kyle drifted in looking for the ball. This allowed us to keep possession better than we have in any other game this season because we didnt have a massive void between the midfield two and the front men. I posted a few weeks ago about what we needed to do to improve at home and yesterday we did nearly exactly what I said. Just hope we carry on with the same more positive approach in home games.

'I posted a few weeks ago about what we needed to do to improve at home and yesterday we did nearly exactly what I said'

Introducing Gazlaz the next DRFC Manager   :P

colin cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 02, 2013, 01:04:11 pm by colin cramb »
i dont get to many games (10-15) a season but after half an hour this is exactly what i thought, we played just like stoke, not so much long BALLS but long PASSES, they found their target every time i thought paynter was exceptional in holding the ball up and it was one of the great rovers performances, just gutted we didnt hammer them but so many positives to take from the game  :rtid: :scarf:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 02, 2013, 01:19:38 pm by GazLaz »
It's not been that good before this season. Billy was brilliant yesterday.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012