Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:10:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SOD  (Read 7079 times)

karlos

• Forum Member
Re: SOD
« Reply #30 on November 11, 2018, 09:17:39 pm by karlos »
You lot have no ambition and would be happy if we was back down in the conference but no worries we will give it till Christmas and then the end of the season oh yes then we'll give him a preseason to see how he gets on. Load of trash then the day he gets sacked he will become the worst manager we've had just like Darren Ferguson whoo you now call. Isn't that right redj you numpty.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 11, 2018, 09:22:49 pm by karlos »
Can't believe you lot call John Ryan he may have been behind the experiment which was wrong but when your going on about a club being sustainable just remember he saved the club that you want to make sustainable long before he brought the other two in one of which doesn't even like football and once quoted he would sell the club if a buyer came in! Short minds.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 11, 2018, 09:27:42 pm by Filo »
Can't believe you lot call John Ryan he may have been behind the experiment which was wrong but when your going on about a club being sustainable just remember he saved the club that you want to make sustainable long before he brought the other two in one of which doesn't even like football and once quoted he would sell the club if a buyer came in! Short minds.

Who did Ken Richardson buy the club from?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 11, 2018, 09:27:53 pm by bpoolrover »
He was behind the experiment mate as red j said I was also for it we were struggling with little hope of staying up so I thought was worth a go, every person on this board knows what jr did for us and most would love him back but it's not going to happen mate and while tb might not be as enthusiastic as jr he has put a lot of his own cash into the club and now without him we would be back to square 1,yes we might get a new owner but for every good owner you get at least 5 crap ones, we're in with a shout of the play offs wait and see at end of season before being to harsh

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 11, 2018, 09:28:42 pm by bpoolrover »

to be fair filo Richardson was fine at the start there was no way jr could have known

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 11, 2018, 09:29:50 pm by Filo »

to be fair filo Richardson was fine at the start there was no way jr could have known

Flockton Grey

Bridlington Town, or was it Bridlington Trinity?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 11, 2018, 09:35:10 pm by RedJ »

So because I was in favour of it and I disagree with you, I know nothing about football, yet it's perfectly fine for him to have backed it? Christ, you do talk b*llocks. No point even responding to the rest of the post if that's the level of your logic.

And no, I don't give a f**k if someone has a different opinion to me, everyone has the right to their own opinion. Just as everyone else has the right to pull it apart and call it b*llocks if that is their opinion.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 11, 2018, 09:35:16 pm by bpoolrover »
Maybe not known was not the right word but he didn't have much choice, maybe try and look at the vast amount of positives he brought to this club rather than the few mistakes

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 11, 2018, 09:38:01 pm by karlos »
Ok I will hold my comments for the season and hope I am proven wrong but what narks me is when people who want to see success are shot down after we have won three games ( where have all the moaners gone) is said but the same people who have made them comments have nothing to say when we have lost 3 games other than give them time. It's about time myself included stopped slagging other fans off for having different opinions. My opinion may not be the same as others but it's still the club I choose to support and the club others choose to. So let people have opinions and accept we all have different aspirations that way you won't get my back up and have a rant on here from me. How's that sound !

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 11, 2018, 09:39:29 pm by keith79 »
Why change anything?   Some fans are happy with our current poor performance, and the rest of us are just moaners.

I don't think anyone is happy about bad form or performances. You can make tactical changes or personnel changes to see if results change first without having to change manager, chairman, mayor, Prime Minister, Santa, etc.
Talking about santa. One year I said to the wife don't get me anything for Xmas. We will buy our own presents from each other. Best Xmas ever. I got loads. She got nothing.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on November 11, 2018, 09:48:25 pm by Filo »
Maybe not known was not the right word but he didn't have much choice, maybe try and look at the vast amount of positives he brought to this club rather than the few mistakes

Not knocking the positives, just pointing out to the OP that his simplistic view of history is more complex than he thinks, or knows
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 09:51:05 pm by Filo »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 11, 2018, 09:50:15 pm by bpoolrover »
I agree filo, people show there emotions different ways and the lad Is just venting his frustration

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 11, 2018, 10:30:57 pm by Drover »

I may be wrong,but my recollection is,JR did'nt have as much money then,think he made most of his fortune after he sold to firestarter,and used the increased wealth made from his business interests outside football,to save the club when he came back.I was also under the impression JR did not want to sell to Richardson,But he came under pressure from our fans,because they felt/believed richardson wanted to spend more on the players and get us winning etc,etc,which he did at first.Also,did'nt other shareholders sell their share to Richardson giving him majority control and JR felt he could'nt work well with richardson under though critea?As you say,it was/is'nt a straight forward way of events,it's been pretty complex.Including JR having to go incogneto to buy Rovers back from Richardson to save us.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 11, 2018, 11:31:41 pm by PDX_Rover »
Some prize plums talking utter shite today. Some people should not be allowed online without adult supervision.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 11, 2018, 11:40:04 pm by RoversAlias »
Rovers alias I respect all people's opinions but fail to see where we are progressing on the field as we are on slippery road.

In my opinion we are already much better than last season, the progress between how we play this season and how we did under Ferguson is clear. With mostly the same players too. We have had a bad patch of late, no doubt, but I still think we're doing more right than we were for much of the last campaign.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 12, 2018, 12:28:33 am by the vicar »
Ok since SOD has left us he had done nothing at all so why should we bring him back, and he needs a season or two to get his system to work then it does not take long for the clever teams to sustain the system out

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 12, 2018, 09:31:42 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Ok I will hold my comments for the season and hope I am proven wrong but what narks me is when people who want to see success are shot down after we have won three games ( where have all the moaners gone) is said but the same people who have made them comments have nothing to say when we have lost 3 games other than give them time. It's about time myself included stopped slagging other fans off for having different opinions. My opinion may not be the same as others but it's still the club I choose to support and the club others choose to. So let people have opinions and accept we all have different aspirations that way you won't get my back up and have a rant on here from me. How's that sound !

You've not been shot down for wanting success or having a different opinion. You've been shot down for not knowing the correct history of this club.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 12, 2018, 10:32:53 am by RedJ »
I don't understand why people who don't want to sack the manager as soon as we hit a rough patch or don't want the club to go spunking money just for the sake of placating fans supposedly don't want the club to be successful. There's more than one way to be successful.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on November 12, 2018, 10:53:48 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I don't understand why people who don't want to sack the manager as soon as we hit a rough patch or don't want the club to go spunking money just for the sake of placating fans supposedly don't want the club to be successful. There's more than one way to be successful.

It's because it's what fans of Premiership clubs do!

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on November 12, 2018, 11:06:43 am by karlos »
Glyn wigley which part of the history did I not know?

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on November 12, 2018, 11:10:25 am by karlos »
Glyn you don't know me or what qualifications I do have in fact some of the youth players people have mentioned in the past I have brought through at junior clubs. I have supported this club for over 40 years  and I said Jr was wrong with the experiment so which part of the history of the club do I not know?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 12, 2018, 12:58:10 pm by the vicar »
He did nothing after he left us and it takes 2 years for him to get his system over to the players and fans, then It takes another year for other clubs to suss it out so we don't want him back thanks

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on November 12, 2018, 01:20:50 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Glyn you don't know me or what qualifications I do have in fact some of the youth players people have mentioned in the past I have brought through at junior clubs. I have supported this club for over 40 years  and I said Jr was wrong with the experiment so which part of the history of the club do I not know?

First sentence of your post - completely irrelevant.

Second sentence - you said JR went because of the experiment when (1) it was his idea in the first place and (2) he didn't go because of it. I'd say that was a pretty fundamental thing not to know.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 12, 2018, 05:00:44 pm by VivaRovers »
"Bring back Sean O'Driscoll"
"There's no passion since John Ryan left"
"Too much emphasis on Club Doncaster"
"Some fans are happy with poor performances"
"You lot have no ambition"
"Terry Bramall doesn't even like football"
"Ken Richardson bought his shares from John Ryan"

Keep it going folks, I'm only a "The rugby ruins the pitch" and a "There are pilings in place to expand the stadium capacity" away from a full house on my 'Cliched Comments About Rovers' bingo card.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 12, 2018, 05:17:13 pm by swintonrover »

Keep it going folks, I'm only a "The rugby ruins the pitch" and a "There are pilings in place to expand the stadium capacity" away from a full house on my 'Cliched Comments About Rovers' bingo card.

I'm waiting on "We should resign Sharp" and "the atmosphere was better at Belle Vue".

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 12, 2018, 05:24:52 pm by RedJ »

You forgot "board don't want to spend any money".

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 12, 2018, 05:28:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »
"We don't have a budget"

"We never sign anyone for a transfer fee!"

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on November 12, 2018, 08:17:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
"cheap option"

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on November 12, 2018, 08:38:07 pm by Donnywolf »

I'm waiting on "We should resign Sharp" and "the atmosphere was better at Belle Vue".

.... and you got more Chips !

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on November 12, 2018, 09:14:44 pm by roversdude »
I’ve not heard s mention of signing a South African centre half for a while

TinyPortal © 2005-2012