Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 02:29:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brentford forum  (Read 14033 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Brentford forum
« Reply #30 on April 22, 2013, 07:43:04 am by Filo »
Craig is still suspended for them, that will be a big miss for them in central defence, was Donaldson only suspended for one game?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 22, 2013, 07:54:13 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Craig is still suspended for them, that will be a big miss for them in central defence, was Donaldson only suspended for one game?

Yes only a 1 game ban so he'll be straight back in the 11 i'd imagine

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 22, 2013, 08:03:29 am by colincramb »
Come on guys, let's be positive and look for our win! I think we can do it! At the end of the day, if we do come unstuck, we go into the playoffs! Big deal. I don't fear any of the teams out of that lot and neither should we. If we end up in the playoffs, what better way to do it and what an end to the season.

I really hope that IF things don't go to plan this weekend that there isnt going to be a repeat of the threads that have been on here the last few days! Some of them make you cringe!

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 22, 2013, 08:06:51 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
I think that we're very capable too to be honest.  And i'm pleased that we have the option of 2 outcomes and not 1

Ealing Bee

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 22, 2013, 05:18:22 pm by Ealing Bee »
I know people are saying that stats mean nothing for this game, but I've noticed that 11 of Brentford's 14 home wins are won by only a single goal, so if Brentford think they are going to slaughter us, I wouldn't see it coming.
I don't know of a single Bees fan who thinks we'll slaughter you.

I'd say the consensus is one of cautious optimism, underpinned by a healthy dose of realism.

For myself, I don't see anything in our current form to suggest we'll lose, indeed I think we can/will win, but I wouldn't be shocked if we drew. And whichever it is, I'm sure it'll be tight.

And yes, I appreciate that that is bland; in fact, verging on the bleedin' obvious!  :lol:

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 22, 2013, 05:23:54 pm by Lipsy »
I think that you're absolutely right, Ealing Bee: it is probably too close to call. Your lot have been scoring more goals of late, which would be my concern. I just hope that both teams turn up on the day and serve up a cracking game.

That said, I also hope that your lot piss thesens and play every bit as nervy as they did against the monkey hangers. I can't see it, mind.

Ealing Bee

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 22, 2013, 05:37:34 pm by Ealing Bee »
Form and that go out the window for next week, who holds the nerve will win.
If it does come down to that, then Bees are currently holding up very well. Last five matches:

Saturday v Hartlepool - goal down, came back to equalise, dominant by the finish;

Before that the Sheff United drama (away) - a goal behind, down to 9 men, 90th min equaliser - and still we went for their throat in injury time!

Pompey at home - Goal up, then 2-1 down as they outmuscled us, then not one, but two goals in the last 5 minutes.

Crewe away - the Alex still in with a chance of Play-Offs, Bees did a professional job on them, 2-0 with goals in 12th and 83rd mins.

Coventry away - goal down at H-T (injury time penalty), came out 2nd half, equalised, then outplayed them for rest of game.

Three months ago I was worried that this (very young) team might be a bit fragile mentally when it came to the "business end" of the season, but they've 'shown up' for the big games - the ones which have troubled us have been the ones we might have been expected to win (Bury and Carlisle at home, Stevenage away). 

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:46:26 pm by Ealing Bee »

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 22, 2013, 05:44:28 pm by Lipsy »
Thing is, we're okay, we haven't got a track record of late of winning the games we might have thought tricky and losing the ones we might have thought we'd win. Oh wait, I got that completely wrong...

The team that has the kahunas for it will win. Simple as.

Ealing Bee

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 22, 2013, 05:44:56 pm by Ealing Bee »

That said, I also hope that your lot piss thesens and play every bit as nervy as they did against the monkey hangers. I can't see it, mind.
I didn't think it was nerves, rather that we missing two very influential players, and after your result earlier, Rosler started off cautiously (as he usually does away from home, tbf).

On Saturday we'll have Clayton back, a full house behind us and no ambiguity as to what we need to do. 

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 22, 2013, 05:52:39 pm by Lipsy »
Oh c'mon, don't dash all the glimmers of hope I have left. Just make sure your lot play exactly like you did on Satdi. In fact, I recommend it as thetactic - we won't know how to handle it.  :laugh:

Ealing Bee

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 22, 2013, 05:57:48 pm by Ealing Bee »
Just make sure your lot play exactly like you did on Satdi.
No.

In fact, I recommend it as the tactic - we won't know how to handle it.  :laugh:

Nor will we throw you on the Briar patch either, Brer Rabbit...  ;)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 22, 2013, 06:01:50 pm by Lipsy »
I can't believe that you saw through it... Why I oughta...  :crying:

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 22, 2013, 06:20:23 pm by albie »
The game starts at 0-0, which is good enough for us, but not for Brentford.

As far as I can see, we start in pole position, and Brentford have to gamble. Just as we like it away from home. I would rather be DRFC than the Bees going into Saturday.

Even if it goes against us, and we face the play-offs, I would still make us favourites to get the third spot. Some of the suicide watch squad on here need a chill pill.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 22, 2013, 06:26:38 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Form and that go out the window for next week, who holds the nerve will win.
If it does come down to that, then Bees are currently holding up very well. Last five matches:

Saturday v Hartlepool - goal down, came back to equalise, dominant by the finish;

Before that the Sheff United drama (away) - a goal behind, down to 9 men, 90th min equaliser - and still we went for their throat in injury time!

Pompey at home - Goal up, then 2-1 down as they outmuscled us, then not one, but two goals in the last 5 minutes.

Crewe away - the Alex still in with a chance of Play-Offs, Bees did a professional job on them, 2-0 with goals in 12th and 83rd mins.

Coventry away - goal down at H-T (injury time penalty), came out 2nd half, equalised, then outplayed them for rest of game.

Three months ago I was worried that this (very young) team might be a bit fragile mentally when it came to the "business end" of the season, but they've 'shown up' for the big games - the ones which have troubled us have been the ones we might have been expected to win (Bury and Carlisle at home, Stevenage away).

Ealing ''Very young team'' you are David o'Leary and i claim my £5!!
2-1 to Rovers for me!!

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 22, 2013, 08:21:12 pm by stuey »
I don't know of a single Bees fan who thinks we'll slaughter you.

http://www.griffinpark.org/ Go onto that website mate, there's plenty on there that do!! To the point of actually being quite cocky about it! But, we'll see.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 22, 2013, 08:34:01 pm by MrFrost »
Who do they think they are?

We were unlucky not to beat the former champions of Europe with the likes of Terry, Torres, Oscar et al at a packed rocking GP. What makes you think that Donnie hold any fears for us- despite your excellent away record. Hardly froze infront of 23,000 at Sheff Utd when all the odds were against us. Appreciate your partizan bravado but the facts don't support your argument. If we play to our potential we will win I believe.

They've played in front of 23k. Great stuff. We won in front of nearly 80k at Wembley. I wonder which game had more pressure.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 22, 2013, 09:09:29 pm by ctay »
This side didnt...with the odd exception.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 22, 2013, 09:44:03 pm by Mr1Croft »
But this side were the first side to go to Prenton Park in 2012 and take all three points. This side also withstood heavy pressure from Sheffield United, Bournemouth, Swindon and at the time of playing these 4 teams they were all respectively the teams to beat. We managed to take all three from Shewsbury, Stevenage, Crewe and Oldham when we were either in a losing position or soon after they had equalized.

Cast your minds back to before the first game of the season. I don't think any of us were expecting us to beat Walsall in the way we did, and on the day it was a poor performance in terms of possession and chances created. But with no pressure the players looked relaxed, defended in numbers and lumped the ball up the other end of the field and scored almost every time.

every time this team has been defeated away from home, with the possibly exception of MK Dons it was down to minor mistakes (both goals at Bury and Hayter's at Yeovil) and bad luck. We created probably two of the best chances of the season in the second half at Bury. All four teams that beat us were not massively better on the day which makes me hope even more that Brentford come out all guns blazing, because when we have come up against strong, quick teams that do that. We have always upset the odds. That is why we are second.

Remember that Brentford aren't unbeatable. When they came to the KMS they hardly tore us apart, they had more chances but they were wasteful. We still are the most efficient team in the League in terms of converting chances and Brentford are among the worst.

75% of our results away from home this season will be just enough to see us promoted on Saturday. I'll take another Sheffield United result where we defend for our lives all game. I may not live through the game if it is that tense but I'll take the result every day of the week. I'm glad the Brentford fans are confident going into this game, but be warned; if you think we are going to roll over you're gonna have a much more stressful, tense and nervous 90 minutes than you can imagine.

havinalaff

« Reply #48 on April 22, 2013, 09:44:34 pm by havinalaff »
So... Brentford are the home team this coming Saturday as we were last weekend?
They NEED to win to secure promotion, as it turned out we did last Saturday we just didnt know it?
They've sold more tickets for a home game than they have all season, hmm didnt we do that too?
Oh and it sounds like they're already celebrating a win a bit like some of us did before last Saturday ???

I predict they'll have the same Saturday we had last week!

I'll take a 0-1 scoreline this Saturday and see the home crowd going home with their tails between their legs thanks very much!!!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 22, 2013, 09:46:16 pm by The L J Monk »
Hartlepool (23rd) Drew
Sheff Utd (6th) Drew
Pompey (22nd) Won
Crewe (14th) Won
Coventry (16th) Drew
MK Dons (9th) Lost

Their form is patchy as best. For all these games where they've 'shown up' they've still only managed 9 points from their last 6 games. I see no reason to be overly worried about them.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 22, 2013, 09:47:38 pm by BobG »
Ok. Fair enough. What's our last six results btw?

BobG

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 22, 2013, 09:49:53 pm by The L J Monk »
Ok. Fair enough. What's our last six results btw?

BobG

Notts County (11th) Lost
Crewe (14th) Won
Carlisle (15th) Lost
Tranmere (10th) Won
Swindon (5th) Won
Coventry (16th) Lost

9 points from 6 games.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 22, 2013, 09:52:49 pm by BobG »
Cool :) Still as clear as mud then!

Cheers

BobG

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 22, 2013, 10:07:06 pm by The L J Monk »
Cool :) Still as clear as mud then!

Cheers

BobG

Precisely.

Confidence from either side is ill-founded.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 22, 2013, 10:14:33 pm by BobG »
I'm with you there LJ. It's too close to call right now - even though the final result could quite easily be from 0-0 to 3 or 4 nil either way.

BobG

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 22, 2013, 10:21:10 pm by dickos1 »
I'd just like to fast forward 7 days, its the anticipation and the sheer turmoil I'm going to go through on Saturday that I can't cope with.
Deva stadium, Britannia stadium, Cheltenham, wembley have taken years off my life,

viking87

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 23, 2013, 01:49:43 pm by viking87 »
Im confident we will go there and slaughter them. They need to win, we dont. They need to come at us and throw everything forward which will put us defensively but attacking on the break.

That is what has won us 14 games Away, that is why we are second in the table and that is why Im confident of us getting the result next week.

Keep the Faith.

My thoughts exactly

Up the rovers!

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 23, 2013, 01:58:18 pm by oggycompton »
Not doubting they are a good side but i agree with the sentiments of some people on here. We were in the championship for a few seasons and are all of a sudden a big pull for a club, they just want to come to the Keepmoat and not lose, sit back, soak it up. Its no coincedence that we are better away from home, home teams are expected to try and win, when teams play more attacking and push up against us, they get punished. I think we wll be ok, I think we will get the result and I think we will go up.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 23, 2013, 02:02:54 pm by bobbymax »
Getting a lot of bravado from Griffin Park and even the manager has been doing the rounds in the press (though he sounds like he's trying to convince himself that they'll win more than anyone else).
If this game was on the beach at the KM I'd be more worried, but I'm trusting they have grass in London and our away record suggests we should really have enough to get at least a point.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 23, 2013, 02:19:15 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
The more the week goes on the more I'm believeing that we can do it.  This season when we HAVE to get SOMETHING we generally do.  I dont care how good Bournemouth are, we're MORE than capable of getting a point at least.

:scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012