Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:26:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Please think about Hoola.  (Read 12651 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Please think about Hoola.
« Reply #60 on November 05, 2013, 09:05:01 pm by hoolahoop »
and just to think me an you used to have discussions on whose back was worse and who needed the zimmer  well thas won hands down  but   yer still older than me ....... :woot: really glad you seem to be getting through the worst  come on Steve get yersen sorted   and get yersen back to the Kms an I'll even  buy yer a pint  :rolleyes:
and just to think me an you used to have discussions on whose back was worse and who needed the zimmer  well thas won hands down  but   yer still older than me ....... :woot: really glad you seem to be getting through the worst  come on Steve get yersen sorted   and get yersen back to the Kms an I'll even  buy yer a pint  :rolleyes:

Daggers me ald mucker you're right I have won the 1st round of the zimmers seeing as though I've been to hell and back just to try one out ! Lol
Just to update all of the many fantastic folk on here, I have fought off the E-coli and the 14" wound on my back has had the staples removed tonight bar the last  4"  (which has the filter and vacuum drain attached). My surgeon has just flown in from a lecture tour of 9 USA cities and inspected the wound, given instructions and flown straight to France to lead a French team in n operation of a similar nature. Luckily I probably got one of the best guys in the world to help save my life and perhaps manage to save at least one of the three functions that we all expected to lose whilst ensuring that he had cleared at least 90% ± of any 'margin' embedded cancer surrounding the tumour. Yes there is a very real chance in future years of a repetition of this 'evil' cancer destroying what I have left but hopefully Rovers will be in the Premiership by then.

In the meantime, I am busy building up my muscles again and making 30 m walks by zimmer which must be translated to crutches before I can leave here. I do two of these a day, the first I find Hard but manageable, however the second is far more difficult in the afternoon.
Each step made has a thought about an individual driving me on to take that step. Sometimes someone from here , or a friend/member of my family. So believe me the massive amount of support shown to me on this forum DOES count.

I had my first sit down shower yesterday and the nurse couldn't understand why I became emotional. I explained to her that when I was feverish in the HDU; I never thought I would ever get to go in one ever again I had set a shower as a major goal on the road to recovery.......she then wept with me and understood that one thing  I had mentioned to her had such a deep meaning to me.

I am eating anything and everything put in front of me + heavy supplements of 1000 calories just to get strong and get home back to Donny and my family. You have all helped me have the willpower to get through these last 4 weeks and with more hard work and no further setbacks I am hoping to be out within the next 2 weeks possibly 3 at the most :)

So daggers mate The zimmer is only temporary so let's not be too cocky as I'm just trying it out ready to give you advice when you NEED one ;)

Thanks everyone....

Steve RTWD.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on November 05, 2013, 09:42:54 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Steve tha can be a reet t**t sometimes   :lol: :lol: :lol:

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on November 05, 2013, 09:50:15 pm by newyankee »
What fantastic news Steve, it is when what has happened to you occurs that you know what a family we are.  It maybe next year before I get over there but by God we are going to get together for a pint.  Although we have never net I feel we know each other well and we are pleased for each others good news.

Keep sending the PM's.

Good luck.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on November 05, 2013, 09:57:47 pm by Dagenham Rover »
What fantastic news Steve, it is when what has happened to you occurs that you know what a family we are.  It maybe next year before I get over there but by God we are going to get together for a pint.  Although we have never net I feel we know each other well and we are pleased for each others good news.

Keep sending the PM's.

Good luck.

Watch it he'll be up for flogging you a car by then, you might think you are renting it off him but watch out for the carbon paper beneath where your signature is    :lol: :lol:

(actually he's ok and did me a great deal)

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on November 05, 2013, 10:09:29 pm by RTID75 »
Great news Hoola! Hopefully you can concentrate on recovery properly now.

As nice as the staff there are, you can't help but pine for home. Think of getting there to help spur you on.

All the best! :)

Steve.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on November 05, 2013, 10:44:53 pm by hoolahoop »

Keep sending the PM's.

Good luck.
Don't worry will have that pint, incidentally I did forget to mention that I will be having really low doses of radiotherapy aimed at the margins and the tumour area when I am completely healed up. They are not sure of the effectiveness of such treatment but will use it nevertheless.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on November 05, 2013, 10:52:47 pm by hoolahoop »
Steve tha can be a reet t**t sometimes   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep I can indeed , I let you read half of my auto biography and didnt see the punchline until last pmsl
You thought you had got away with it didn't you. There's nowt wrong wi brain t'ald cock ( just giving you  refresher course ready for satdi BTW)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:19:20 pm by hoolahoop »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on November 07, 2013, 04:34:53 pm by hoolahoop »
Making no apologies for bumping this thread all you doom and gloom merchants.
Just to let you all know that bar some unforeseen setback that this Rover will be coming back home to Thorne next Friday by ambulance.
I have worked my bollox off both Day and night to convince these folk that Yorkies can defy any odds thrown at them and I categorically refuse to be the excuse for the team to be losing any more matches after then.
There's a long long road ahead and of course there's months of hard work before I will be available for any 5 a side games let alone 1st team action for the Blades. :)

I want to thank the VSC COMMITTEEand every member of this forum who has given me support along the way. Believe me that when I was forcing my legs to make that extra step....... I had one of you in mind. The physios must have thought I was going mad when I came out with user names from here or friends and family.
I thank you all humbly and sincerely and look forward to seeing you at a game shortly even if my chosen mode of transport will probably be a wheelchair initially.
Thank you everyone for your donations to my chosen charity and please remember I will almost certainly be a beneficiary of any advances made in the treatment of this bitch of a cancer.
Thank you. :)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on November 07, 2013, 04:42:21 pm by Filo »
Thats the attitude hoola, and don't ever let your standards drop, don't ever let the bitch get you down, you have nearly reached your goal of getting home, now to re focus onto the next goal, top man!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on November 07, 2013, 04:55:49 pm by RedJ »
You're a f**king top man hools. Really good to hear, that.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on November 07, 2013, 05:42:25 pm by newyankee »

The news just keeps getting better and better Hoola. Keep pushing yourself.  PM on the way.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on November 07, 2013, 06:11:31 pm by scaley back rover »
Great news that hoola just proves that you cant keep a good rover down

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on November 07, 2013, 06:53:04 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Never doubted you'd get home soon. I know how determined you are when you get on to something.  Hopefully you'll be up and about soon aswell. Being Home is always a good thing.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on November 07, 2013, 07:28:59 pm by hoolahoop »
Never doubted you'd get home soon. I know how determined you are when you get on to something.  Hopefully you'll be up and about soon aswell. Being Home is always a good thing.

Strange thing is though Andy is that it has also made me anxious if not a bit scared.
I am concerned that I won't have quite the support structure that I benefit from here 24 hours a day.
Will I fit into the family dynamic as I did before ?
Will my family be able to cope with the hitherto unseen elements of my illness whilst visiting me for just short periods ?
Truth is I am still going home a far more visually I'll man than when I left to come here.
Whilst delighted at going home ...... I am still scared.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on November 07, 2013, 11:21:17 pm by wilts rover »
Just to let you all know that bar some unforeseen setback that this Rover will be coming back home to Thorne next Friday by ambulance.
I have worked my bollox off both Day and night to convince these folk that Yorkies can defy any odds thrown at them and I categorically refuse to be the excuse for the team to be losing any more matches after then.
There's a long long road ahead and of course there's months of hard work before I will be available for any 5 a side games let alone 1st team action for the Blades. :)

I want to thank the VSC COMMITTEEand every member of this forum who has given me support along the way. Believe me that when I was forcing my legs to make that extra step....... I had one of you in mind. The physios must have thought I was going mad when I came out with user names from here or friends and family.
I thank you all humbly and sincerely and look forward to seeing you at a game shortly even if my chosen mode of transport will probably be a wheelchair initially.
Thank you everyone for your donations to my chosen charity and please remember I will almost certainly be a beneficiary of any advances made in the treatment of this bitch of a cancer.

Sorry hoola but this has just conjured up the mental image of a bloke in Rovers shirt but otherwise full Alf Garnett mode, wandering with his zimmer around Brummie hospital muttering (insert user name) I'm gonna get that b******d, (insert user name) I'm gonna get that b******d, etc, to the full amazement of assorted doctors and nurses watching someone defy medical science. There will be an article in The Lancet soon on the 'Hoolahoop-VSC Forum Method', you see.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on November 08, 2013, 12:43:34 am by newyankee »
Is that anything like the Rhythm method Wilts? If it is Hoola will be up for that.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on November 08, 2013, 08:51:37 pm by hoolahoop »

Sorry hoola but this has just conjured up the mental image of a bloke in Rovers shirt but otherwise full Alf Garnett mode, wandering with his zimmer around Brummie hospital muttering (insert user name) I'm gonna get that b******d, (insert user name) I'm gonna get that b******d, etc, to the full amazement of assorted doctors and nurses watching someone defy medical science

Sorry hoola but this has just conjured up the mental image of a bloke in Rovers shirt but otherwise full Alf Garnett mode, wandering with his zimmer around Brummie hospital muttering (insert user name) I'm gonna get that b******d, (insert user name) I'm gonna get that b******d, etc, to the full amazement of assorted doctors and nurses watching someone defy medical science. There will be an article in The

[/quotery hoola but this has just conjured up the mental image of a bloke in Rovers shirt but otherwise full Alf Garnett mode, wandering with his zimmer around Brummie hospital muttering (insert user name) I'm gonna get that b******d, (insert user name) I'm gonna get that b******d, etc, to the full amazement of assorted doctors and nurses watching someone defy medical science. There will be an article in The Lancet soon on the 'Hoolahoop-VSC Forum Method', you see.
Lancet soon on the 'Hoolahoop-VSC Forum Method', you see.
. There will be an article in The Lancet soon on the 'Hoolahoop-VSC Forum Method', you see.

Believe me you just don't realise how close to the truth your vision is .......especially after reading some of the nonsense on here today lol
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 09:00:15 pm by hoolahoop »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on November 18, 2013, 12:08:09 pm by hoolahoop »
Just thought I would update you fellas on where I've got to in this horrible journey.
I'm going home to Donny tomorrow thank god by ambulance and can get some form of normality back
However I am going home on crutches, attached to a drain and unfortunately have had to take the decision to have a cathetervput back in.
Fellas I tried for a week to go without a catheter but it just won't work at present due to ongoing nerve damage repair..... …I'm absolutely gutted but this is just a battle I've lost not the war but it does take the shine off going home a tad. However perhaps I can try again when my body is stronger again.
Thank you for your lovely thoughts , PM's and support without which I would not have got this far.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on November 18, 2013, 12:13:45 pm by ctay »
good luck mate, keep fighting. Keep the faith

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on November 18, 2013, 12:23:21 pm by newyankee »
You know we all hope you have a safe journey Steve, and get home to be able to watch on Friday night.

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on November 18, 2013, 12:27:20 pm by retford rover »
Good luck with the journey back to Donny Steve, you certainley are a fighter buddy.  will pop and see you when you get back.    keep smiling.....

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on November 18, 2013, 12:59:23 pm by RobTheRover »
Drop me a PM if you need that thing sorting, Steve.
No, not that thing, Nudga, its a different thing.

;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on November 18, 2013, 01:22:55 pm by hoolahoop »
 :silly:Thanks fellas for your support unfortunately because of my need to be plugged in somewhere I won't be able to Watch the game (doubtful anyway) worst case scenario is to listen to it and log in t'Internet. Rob did get the meaning of your message and will speak to you when I get home. Mobile bill so far this month is £194 and counting !!! :(
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 01:48:53 pm by hoolahoop »

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on November 18, 2013, 01:45:17 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm sure there will be a stream up somewhere. I know when I had the back done those drains are a nightmare they just get in the way.  Good to see you're Home soon though.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on November 18, 2013, 02:37:07 pm by RedJ »
Have you got a mate with Sky Go, hools? could always lend you their login.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on November 18, 2013, 09:55:06 pm by hoolahoop »
Have you got a mate with Sky Go, hools? could always lend you their login.
YesI have thanks Red J but thanks for asking.......getting excited now......its like the last sleep before Santa comes. :)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on November 19, 2013, 06:40:34 am by hoolahoop »
Awake early today and ready to go home. Hurray please don't think that the NHS is all bad folks , I have received the best 24 hr.'round the clock' expert help and kind assistance that I could ever have hoped for so there is hope yet for one of the world's finest institutions :)
There is little time for rest though as I start training with the Blades and should see 1st team action as early as next week ;)
Anyone out there still harbouring any anxiety about something they think is not quite right then please go to your GP asap........you know your body the best and don't be fobbed off by them!
I understand there is a parcel waiting for me from the club and I can't wait to get home and open it…....it feels like Christmas day already and I just can't wait to be with my lovely family without watching the clock and thinking they need to be on their way home.
Loads of hard physio work , radiotherapy , pelvic floor strengthening etc to be done so the 2nd part of my unexpected journey begins not ends today.
Thanks everyone at the club especially Sean and Paul, the VSC and of course my buddies on here who have helped me steer through a tsunami of emotions.......I still need you onside to beat this.
Steve.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 06:47:40 am by hoolahoop »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on November 19, 2013, 10:13:13 am by Sprotyrover »
 Hope everything goes well for a safe and healthy return to home and loved ones,keep up the good work with the recovery mate  :rtid:

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on November 19, 2013, 10:18:52 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Best of luck matey!

twinkletoes

« Reply #89 on November 19, 2013, 10:24:33 am by twinkletoes »
Awake early today and ready to go home. Hurray please don't think that the NHS is all bad folks , I have received the best 24 hr.'round the clock' expert help and kind assistance that I could ever have hoped for so there is hope yet for one of the world's finest institutions :)
There is little time for rest though as I start training with the Blades and should see 1st team action as early as next week ;)
Anyone out there still harbouring any anxiety about something they think is not quite right then please go to your GP asap........you know your body the best and don't be fobbed off by them!
I understand there is a parcel waiting for me from the club and I can't wait to get home and open it…....it feels like Christmas day already and I just can't wait to be with my lovely family without watching the clock and thinking they need to be on their way home.
Loads of hard physio work , radiotherapy , pelvic floor strengthening etc to be done so the 2nd part of my unexpected journey begins not ends today.
Thanks everyone at the club especially Sean and Paul, the VSC and of course my buddies on here who have helped me steer through a tsunami of emotions.......I still need you onside to beat this.
Steve.
I don't know you but I have been following your progress on here. I really hope you continue to make good progress. I'm certain being back at home with your loved ones will be a real tonic for you and will without a doubt aid your recovery. Good luck on your next stage to good health and keep your chin up. Xx

TinyPortal © 2005-2012