Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:02:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Please think about Hoola.  (Read 12649 times)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Re: Please think about Hoola.
« Reply #90 on November 19, 2013, 01:40:46 pm by newyankee »

Welcome home Steve. 

I am going to use an expression which got me into trouble over here. " Keep your pecker up, fella".

Apparently the Yanks use the word pecker for a different part of the male anatomy, something I did not know until I said it to a woman at work.  Under the circumstances, whichever way you say it is appropriate in your case!!!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on November 20, 2013, 12:37:24 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Hoola.

You've fought back from the edge of the abyss. You have walked through the Valley of Darkness and come out the other side.

For f**k's sake, don't spoil it now by watching us on Friday. Owt like the last few matches, you'll be gobbling Paracetamol while sticking your head on the East Coast Mainline track by half-time.

Listen to Wagner. Read a Wikipedia page about crop rotation in the 14th century. Spend a bit of time wondering what was on Jack Ruby's mind. See if you can mentally divide a random 5 digit number by a random 2 digit number to within 10% accuracy in less than 1 minute.

Owt at all. Just do summat more life-affirming than watching us in our current slough.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on November 20, 2013, 07:32:41 am by RobTheRover »
Billy,  I think we need a bit of the grit and bravery and determination Hoola has shown.

In classic Uri Geller style I'll post up a photo of Hoola 's head and we all have to rub it and think positive thoughts for Friday

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on November 20, 2013, 08:27:29 am by RedRover45 »
Billy,  I think we need a bit of the grit and bravery and determination Hoola has shown.

In classic Uri Geller style I'll post up a photo of Hoola 's head and we all have to rub it and think positive thoughts for Friday

I think Hoola said his 'head' wasn't working very well Rob but I'm sure he'd enjoy the thought ;-)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on November 20, 2013, 09:25:12 am by hoolahoop »
Just had 1st night at home in my own bed with are lass. Last night was a learning curve I.e where to plug in the drain for my back, the overnight catheter drain etc. And then there was the toileting which astounded arr lass last night......everything was new to her and frightening I think!!
We eventually had to swap sides in bed for the first time for 16 years , strange but we both had the best night's sleep for ages .
Yesterday afternoon was shattering with 4 nurses invading our home and I think again are lass realised the immensity of the task in front of her especially as she works full time and has to reintegrate me and my special needs into her time management on a daily basis whilst I remain incapacitated.
On a brighter note there was a DVD from the club waiting for me in which Paul Dickov wished me a speedy recovery and a return to watch the Hoops as soon as possible.....a really nice touch by all at DRFC once again midst all the turmoil and I will be back soon PD with all the encouragement I'm getting :)
Today I' m going to "crutch" around my house and get to know it again and  arrange for a haircut, get washed and dressed, make things I need accessible, prepare the 20-30 tablets needed for midday and tonight etc etc.....
Btw one way or another I will be watching the match on Friday as I've missed all the defeats through illness , surgery etc. I owe it to you all. Lol
Just taken a call from the Blades, they need me back for training asap ready to lead their line on Satdi!!!
Thanks everyone for your continuing support in the second part of my journey :)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on November 20, 2013, 09:48:43 am by CusworthRovers »
Forget the Keepmoat chief. Stay in infront of the telebox and watch the tiny red and white sprites beat the Yeovil sprites. Be nice and warm there. Mrs Hoola can tend to your needs.

All the best, and are you now going to change your avatar to Lazarus?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on November 20, 2013, 10:22:08 am by Bentley Bullet »
It seems that Rovers misfortunes on the pitch have coincided with your plight, Hoola.

Maybe your presence, albeit only in front of the telly on Friday will spur both you and the team on to a speedy recovery.

Welcome home!

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on November 20, 2013, 12:49:49 pm by RoversDave »
Looked high and low for a photo of Hoola, but this was the best I could find, on the phone as usual.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:58:30 pm by RoversDave »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on November 20, 2013, 01:51:06 pm by ravenrover »
Probably giving his new best mate PD a bit of advice!  ;)

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on November 20, 2013, 02:10:39 pm by Scooter »
Welcome home hoola!
If we beat Yeovil you have got to be the club's new official mascot!
 :rtid:

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on November 20, 2013, 02:25:41 pm by newyankee »
As I started this, I want to be number 100. Glad to hear you got back  and you are not sitting back. Keep fighting Steve.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on November 20, 2013, 05:06:31 pm by hoolahoop »
As I started this, I want to be number 100. Glad to hear you got back  and you are not sitting back. Keep fighting Steve.

Just to let you all know that I haven't been consigned to room 101 on this reply:)     :woohoo:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:08:37 pm by hoolahoop »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on November 20, 2013, 10:07:07 pm by RobTheRover »
Get yer boots out,  yer gret Jessie.  Even catheterised and dragging the "bagstand" around I bet you'd be twice as dangerous as Padi Wilson.

;)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on November 20, 2013, 10:09:35 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Just imagine Brian the Blade hero worshiping you

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on November 21, 2013, 08:45:12 am by hoolahoop »
Just imagine Brian the Blade hero worshiping you

He already does daggers, he's positively salivating at the prospect and I 'he heard he's making up a 'Hoola is a God and our saviour' flag right now :)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on November 22, 2013, 09:49:04 am by Donnywolf »
Looked high and low for a photo of Hoola, but this was the best I could find, on the phone as usual.

You certainly caught his best side though !

Bet he's concluding a Prius deal too

Top stuff mate - see you soon (but stop in tonight its cowd)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on November 22, 2013, 11:02:26 am by BillyStubbsTears »
He's got lovely big eyes. Face looks a bit pale with black blotches mind.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on November 22, 2013, 08:00:54 pm by hoolahoop »
Now I'm listening (sorry Rob did try your log-in but got nowhere :() we are winning................no operation tonight. lol

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on November 22, 2013, 08:37:38 pm by newyankee »

Hey Hoola, we should be up  by two  or three, but again cannot finish.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on November 22, 2013, 08:41:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
NY.

I admire your optimism, but in the game I'm watching, we're looking second best all over the pitch.

Hoola. I told you to do summat more productive cocker. But if you REALLY want to give yersen a relapse, try this.
http://ana1.me/sky1.html

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on November 22, 2013, 08:49:09 pm by newyankee »
I've been listening to Yeovil's commentary and they were almost in tears for the first half hour, wondering how many we were going to score. They reckon taking the Wigan loanee off has changed them.

By the way I cannot stand those two idiots on Rovers player, well, one of them in particular.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on November 22, 2013, 09:50:50 pm by newyankee »
Well Steve, welcome home to a win. could have been better but three points is three points. You must be the lucky charm.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on November 22, 2013, 09:58:40 pm by hoolahoop »
NY.

I admire your optimism, but in the game I'm watching, we're looking second best all over the pitch.

Hoola. I told you to do summat more productive cocker. But if you REALLY want to give yersen a relapse, try this.
http://ana1.me/sky1.html

Funny enough I eventually watched the game on wiziwig Billy. The lack of quality at times was appalling . It looked like Div 1/2 footy played by Championship players from our team. It went from the sublime to the ridiculous at times .........too many times but WE HAVE THE 3 POINTS  :rtid: :rtid: :rtid: :rtid: :rtid:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on March 21, 2014, 12:59:05 am by hoolahoop »
Hoola is back for the game on satdi or part of it at least. See you at the KM providing nowt goes wrong in between..........yey  RTWD EH ?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on March 21, 2014, 05:46:53 am by idler »
Hope the lads do you proud Steve.
Well done mate. :scarf:

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on March 21, 2014, 06:14:11 am by dumbroofer »
Good luck fella, hope you enjoy it.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on March 21, 2014, 07:15:18 am by hoolahoop »
Good luck fella, hope you enjoy it.

Thanks mate, I just can't resist a game against the massive . Hoping now the boys can bring home the bacon ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012