Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:21:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mains miss last night  (Read 4665 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Mains miss last night
« on February 17, 2016, 10:34:25 am by wing commander »
   See in the paper today they are struggling to work out how Curtis managed to put a free header with the keeper out of his goal over the bar from 2 yards out!!!! Described by one Oldham fan on the radio last night as "worthy of investigation" lol.... Well done agent Main..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Mains miss last night
« Reply #1 on February 17, 2016, 10:45:51 am by The Red Baron »
Whereas we just think it's business as usual!

They'll learn...

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 17, 2016, 11:00:44 am by podrover73 »
http://www.skysports.com/football/blackpool-vs-oldham/340347

after you get through the advert then move to 2 mins 15 in to see Mains miss  :rtid:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 17, 2016, 11:17:15 am by wing commander »
   Sweet jesus and the orphans....There isn't much you can say about that other than that's why he isn't good enough..In a tight game at 0-0 with a few minutes to go you cant afford to miss those...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 17, 2016, 11:18:33 am by IDM »
When did he last get anything of his head on a ball here though?

I actually think Curtis has bags of talent - but with his feet!  His inconsistency is what disappoints.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 17, 2016, 11:40:15 am by wing commander »
When did he last get anything of his head on a ball here though?

I actually think Curtis has bags of talent - but with his feet!  His inconsistency is what disappoints.

We will have to agree to disagree IDM...He is consistent...just consistently bad..

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 17, 2016, 11:12:09 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
   See in the paper today they are struggling to work out how Curtis managed to put a free header with the keeper out of his goal over the bar from 2 yards out!!!! Described by one Oldham fan on the radio last night as "worthy of investigation" lol.... Well done agent Main..

Get Saunders P.I. on the job!.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 18, 2016, 06:42:45 am by dickos1 »
Preston away was a great header

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 18, 2016, 09:47:28 am by keith79 »
I maybe the only one but that is not as easy as it seems. The ball is high in the air he has no time to allow it to come down.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 18, 2016, 03:53:17 pm by Yorkiered »
I maybe the only one but that is not as easy as it seems. The ball is high in the air he has no time to allow it to come down.

Yes there was nobody to back into so he had to try and head it and guess what. As usual he failed miserably.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2016, 03:57:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Agreed. With the way the keeper was getting back into his feet, Main had about 18 inches to head a vertically dropping ball into, or attempt to cushion it into the far corner.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 18, 2016, 04:12:04 pm by MachoMadness »
Curtis Main: the new Lewis Guy. Discuss.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 18, 2016, 04:14:22 pm by drfc1951 »
Who will be the next scapegoat?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 18, 2016, 04:14:48 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I thought it would have been a far more controversial miss than it actually was, after reading all the hype before seeing the video. It certainly made me think what all the fuss was about, misses like that occur often, and from better players that Main.

I reckon there's a hint of the old inconsistent fan syndrome when their attitude is different towards their favourite player and their favourite scapegoat.

Example....

Billy Sharp has a shot that goes out for a throw in.....
'Whooooaaaarrrrrrr'  #Billy, Billy sharp
                               Billy, Billy Sharp#

Lewis Guy shoots inches over........
'F*ck*ng  Us*l*ss  c***, Gerrim OFF!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 18, 2016, 05:35:39 pm by RedJ »

There's being a scapegoat and there's being genuinely, hopelessly shite and people recognising that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 18, 2016, 05:50:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Watching that video again, there were THREE misses either side of Main's that were equally as bad. The Oldham player who went clown shoes as he ran in on the ball across the face of goal and didn't make contact. The Blackpool player who put the header over from the corner. And the Blackpool player who put the ball wide when 1-on-1 with the keeper.

Main's was a poor effort but he looked in good company.

For what it's worth, I still think there is a decent striker in him somewhere. But his confidence is lower than a snake's scrotum.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 18, 2016, 06:23:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I can reconcile the confidence thing and agree he may have a modicum of talent but being nesh is not acceptable. Ducking out of challenges, feigning an attempt at a challenge is what no manager, coach or fan can tolerate.

I don't think it's any coincidence that DF substituted him immediately after ducking a challenge when he could have easily won the ball and retained possession. That moment was the last straw.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 18, 2016, 07:04:43 pm by IDM »

There's being a scapegoat and there's being genuinely, hopelessly shite and people recognising that.

If Curtis was "genuinely, hopelessly shite" then he wouldn't be able to score some of the goals he got last season!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 18, 2016, 08:17:46 pm by drfchound »

If Curtis was "genuinely, hopelessly shite" then he wouldn't be able to score some of the goals he got last season!

Also, if he was as bad as some people try to make out he wouldn't be a professional footballer would he?
Many fans would like to be but he is living the dream.

To be honest i just can't understand this obsession with following him and picking on him.
Pathetic really.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 18, 2016, 09:24:07 pm by Campsall rover »

Also, if he was as bad as some people try to make out he wouldn't be a professional footballer would he?
Many fans would like to be but he is living the dream.

To be honest i just can't understand this obsession with following him and picking on him.
Pathetic really.
Well said this witch hunt is more than pathetic.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012