Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:03:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Williams  (Read 14440 times)

knockers

• Forum Member
Re: Williams
« Reply #60 on October 15, 2016, 06:39:21 pm by knockers »
I thought mandeville played well today

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

darren61

« Reply #61 on October 15, 2016, 06:55:02 pm by darren61 »
I wouldnt be at all suprised if Fergie had been talking to a striker already.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on October 15, 2016, 07:03:48 pm by glosterred »
Mandeville needs to improve his fitness, he was blowing out of his arse today and against Barnet.

COYR

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on October 15, 2016, 07:21:02 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Mandeville needs to improve his fitness, he was blowing out of his arse today and against Barnet.

COYR

Worrying thing after like 10 minutes

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on October 15, 2016, 07:32:04 pm by drfchound »
Mandeville has been growing on me lately.
His off the ball runs and ball control are good.
However, as usual he fades from the game after an hour and very rarely looks like scoring.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on October 15, 2016, 07:40:35 pm by GazLaz »

COYR

Worrying thing after like 10 minutes

A lot of players have looked like that over the years and still been ok. Gary Pallister was always one. Body language contributes to it looking worse I think.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on October 15, 2016, 07:42:03 pm by drfchound »
Christ Waddle was another.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on October 15, 2016, 08:31:22 pm by the vicar »
Must be some proven striker on a championship bench fancies a league winners medal?
but we cant sign anyone from another cub

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on October 15, 2016, 08:37:36 pm by Copps is Magic »
Keshi is at Bolton and is hardly getting a game. Brings a tear to my eye. What were Palace thinking.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on October 15, 2016, 09:02:07 pm by elmsallrover »
He's suspended got sent off last week

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on October 15, 2016, 09:04:58 pm by ravenrover »
Mandeville good with ball to feet, presents nothing in the air. No pace doesn't close down defenders. Not physically strong enough .... yet! Definitely one for the future but we need someone here and now to replace AW. Only problem will any free agent be match fit?
We now have a major problem up front, and didn't someone post it was only bruising? HAH !!!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on October 15, 2016, 09:06:53 pm by Copps is Magic »
He's suspended got sent off last week

Who Anderson? That was back in September, he's come on late as sub or been unused in recent games.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on October 15, 2016, 09:09:22 pm by The Red Baron »
I rate Mandeville. I thought he played very well last week, not so well today.

It's a huge ask to have him and Marquis carry the load for two months. I do think we need to get someone in. Thing is, how many free agents will still be available or, more crucially, anywhere near fitness.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on October 15, 2016, 10:13:34 pm by IDM »
Re Mandeville, several players were off top form today.  To get better, he needs to play.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on October 15, 2016, 10:25:09 pm by Pancho Regan »
Those who have maligned Williams on here should be hanging their heads. We missed him badly today and his prolonged absence is very bad news.
I was disappointed with Mandeville today but I'm sure he's better than that performance. He needs to take his chance now.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on October 15, 2016, 11:32:28 pm by Retdon1 »
Mandenville won't press and chase players down like Williams and marquis do. I think we have to bring someone in. We can't rely on unproven youngsters to get us goals. An injury or loss of form for marquis and were in trouble.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on October 16, 2016, 12:13:38 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Williams is our best finisher always has been. Yes he misses a fair few chances but over a season i would expect him to outscore marquis.
There are plenty of decent free transfers available but they will need to get match fit.
 In the meantime switching between mandeville up front with marquis or coppinger behind marquis on his own up front, seem our best options.
It's a bit of fun for the manager solving the problem it brings up losing williams. Even with injuries we still have a few options but an experienced free transfer is definitely needed.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on October 16, 2016, 10:28:32 am by DonnyOsmond »
Mandenville won't press and chase players down like Williams and marquis do. I think we have to bring someone in. We can't rely on unproven youngsters to get us goals. An injury or loss of form for marquis and were in trouble.

How does a youngster become proven if he doesn't play?

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on October 16, 2016, 10:34:45 am by Tiddysdad »
Where's Chris Brown

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on October 16, 2016, 10:35:48 am by Bentley Bullet »
"We can't rely on unproven youngsters to get us goals".

Thank God it wasn't Mandeville who cocked up with only the keeper to beat, that incident needed someone experienced who we can rely on!

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on October 16, 2016, 10:42:04 am by Tiddysdad »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on October 16, 2016, 10:57:03 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
DF was quite frank about Mandeville saying he needs to take his chance as we have other youngsters in the wings. That said he's looking at other options.

I think Mandeville can do better as we've already seen but he's a different player to Williams so it's harsh to judge him on that front.

I thought Liam might profit from playing alongside Marquis but as most of the team were off the pace yesterday we didn't really see much interplay between them. I wouldn't write him off just yet and hope DF gets his head around what he needs to do better.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on October 16, 2016, 11:02:36 am by The Red Baron »
Mandeville's running style and body language are both rather languid. They can give the impression that he's not putting enough effort in or that he's tired.

I didn't think he had his best game yesterday but quite a few were off the pace as well.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on October 16, 2016, 11:08:25 am by DonnyOsmond »
Other than Pugh who is on loan, I can't think of another striker we have in the wings. The others in the youth team haven't even made the bench yet so you'd assume they're nowhere near ready. Beestin and Longbottom aren't strikers. We need another striker in at least until January with McSheffrey and Williams out, we can't rely on Marquis or Mandeville not getting injured.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on October 16, 2016, 11:21:04 am by IDM »
Harsh to judge Mandeville on yesterday's game when the team as a whole was below par.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on October 16, 2016, 11:34:51 am by IDM »
Off the wall maybe, but as a back up striker should we need another in the game, I wonder if the manager has considered if Baudry can do a job for a part of a game?  I'd rather not rely on that, and certainly not start that way, but if he is an accomplished ball player, then why not go up front for the last 15/20 mins??

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on October 16, 2016, 11:58:36 am by wing commander »
I think Mandeville would play better if he was partnering Williams but not sure him and Marquis are a good fit...he's not a pure goalscorer....I like Mandeville but can't accept the point he played well yesterday as he didn't..but not many did so I would stick with him...

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on October 16, 2016, 12:54:44 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Off the wall maybe, but as a back up striker should we need another in the game, I wonder if the manager has considered if Baudry can do a job for a part of a game?  I'd rather not rely on that, and certainly not start that way, but if he is an accomplished ball player, then why not go up front for the last 15/20 mins??

Interesting idea IDM. I guess one question is can he hold the ball up as well as providing an aerial threat.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on October 16, 2016, 04:51:57 pm by Alan Southstand »
The next game is away so we could play a 4-2-3-1 formation and we don't need 2 strikers. I think it's time for the Beest to step into the fray. I saw enough in that game v Derby to think he may have a bit more about him than Mandeville. He could play just off Marquis and I think he could do some damage. That is, of course, if Tommy is ok for next Saturday.

At least it buys us time to try and get a proper striker in from somewhere, but then we have to get him fit, assuming there is one out there. The situation was tailor made for McSheffrey, but we can't call on him, either.

Ryan Giggs isn't doing much these days! ;)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on October 16, 2016, 06:39:50 pm by jonnydog »
"We can't rely on unproven youngsters to get us goals".

Thank God it wasn't Mandeville who cocked up with only the keeper to beat, that incident needed someone experienced who we can rely on!

IMO, I think in that situation Mandeville would have ripped a hole in the back of the net before the keeper came out.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012