Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:35:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who's renewing tomorrow.  (Read 13526 times)

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Who's renewing tomorrow.
« Reply #90 on March 21, 2018, 04:27:58 pm by Cantley Rover »
I will quite happily swap a virtual reality headset for a Debenhams voucher too if anyone is interested.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on March 21, 2018, 04:30:20 pm by silent majority »
I have to admit I did think it would be a case of picking the gift you wanted, which is why I went down and queued instead of buying online. However, I think with online/phone/window sales, a random draw is really the only way that it can be done...

I didn't renew for a prize, so they were just an added bonus, even if there was an initial disappointment that we didn't necessarily get what we wanted.

And to add to that Jenny the opportunity to process online sales quicker than those in the queue would also have created a further problem.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on March 21, 2018, 04:32:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think this is fair and constructive Martin. I have just e-mailed Shaun on my online purchase experience which, is OK but could be so much easier and enhanced with a bit more interactivity with options to purchase other things. These issues along with the errors are not new and we should have learned by now.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on March 21, 2018, 04:35:21 pm by Cantley Rover »
I don't think anyone is ungrateful and if we didn't care would we all be renewing our season tickets on the first two days of being on sale. I think the frustration is that every year at this time there is a cock up somewhere that could be easily avoided if things were checked before being sent out.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on March 21, 2018, 04:57:51 pm by DonnyOsmond »
People thought they'd be given a choice between a £270 console + game or a £20 Debenhams voucher?

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on March 21, 2018, 04:58:32 pm by deebee »
Thank you.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on March 21, 2018, 04:59:31 pm by deebee »
On a first come first served basis yes.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on March 21, 2018, 05:18:13 pm by idler »
Supposing you were first in the queue and got in right away only to find that ten exiles had been poised waiting for the system to come live. They press and all ten are before you.
As an exile you can't get to the ticket office so no chance other than online.
Random choice is the only fair way.

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on March 21, 2018, 05:27:03 pm by Fur Calf »
This thread just keeps on giving and giving since it contains some of the most ungrateful comments regarding the club and its efforts to give the supporters something for nothing.  A lot of people on here must be perfect in every aspect of their life and also at work, never making a mistake.  Some people make assumptions and if their assumptions are not met they point score. Many say they would have renewed their season ticket anyway so what does it matter as you got something for nothing so just be grateful.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on March 21, 2018, 05:29:07 pm by silent majority »
Supposing you were first in the queue and got in right away only to find that ten exiles had been poised waiting for the system to come live. They press and all ten are before you.
As an exile you can't get to the ticket office so no chance other than online.
Random choice is the only fair way.

Online sales are 10-20 times faster than in person. There's no way anybody at the front of a queue could guarantee anything.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on March 21, 2018, 05:35:25 pm by idler »
That's what I meant Martin. If the first ticket processed got the Xbox no doubt the first in the queue at the ticket office would probably have gone ballistic deem ing it unfair that he had queued for hours.
Random choice is far fairer.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on March 21, 2018, 05:46:36 pm by chrisd_123 »
The most surprising thing on this thread for me is the amount who actually want an Xbox. The only way this is acceptable is if you were planning on winning it then taking it the shop to exchange for a PS4?  :chair: :lol:

In all seriousness though, a few comments on here do smack of desperation because they weren't first or get what they want. All because people may interpret a phrase or two differently.

The club have come up with a great scheme that I've never seen done before by another club that has incentivised people to buy their season tickets early and outright which, as the first 500 for the prizes can't include child tickets, will be bringing the club around £150,000 if I do my maths right. If 500 of us buying early guarantees us a left back early on in the summer then that's the best prize of all!  :lol:

There's always going to be teething problems with new ideas and I bet this has been logistically quite tough to pull off with all the different methods of purchasing.

Having said that, I will be requesting a refund because I didn't win the games console.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 05:56:05 pm by chrisd_123 »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on March 21, 2018, 06:35:46 pm by Filo »
I got a VR headset and don’t even know what one is. So if anyone wants to do a fair swap just let me know.

I got a Debenhams voucher if you're interested

Hi Filo.Yes I will be happy to swap the
Debenhams voucher for VR headset. Shall I PM you once I have collected them so we can arrange to meet up?

Yes no problem mate

Redrover72

« Reply #103 on March 21, 2018, 07:29:43 pm by Redrover72 »
Went down and renewed 3 yesterday about 1pm and did quite well Xbox vr  headset and £20 debenhams voucher

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on March 22, 2018, 01:16:25 am by andysly »
Strange this as I bought mine and Grandsons online at about 9:55 on Tuesday and had no indication I’d been allotted a gift/prize. I just assumed they’d already sold 500 before me.

Warwickshire Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on March 22, 2018, 05:58:17 am by Warwickshire Red »
I renewed online at 12:42 but no notification of winning a prize.   Based on those times I should have.   Will I get notification in the post?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on March 22, 2018, 06:59:57 am by Draytonian III »
I've renewed like I had planned to do because I've saved my money to do so, who knew a week ago that the club was going to offer prizes/gifts for those who purchased early.
 Whatever the club do there's always people complain,some seem to take enjoyment in doing so .

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on March 22, 2018, 07:15:10 am by Cantley Rover »
I've renewed like I had planned to do because I've saved my money to do so, who knew a week ago that the club was going to offer prizes/gifts for those who purchased early.
 Whatever the club do there's always people complain,some seem to take enjoyment in doing so .

If you take the time to read what fans have posted properly you might see that they are not complaining. They are trying to point out the failings of the club to check things before sending them out. Maybe they just want the club to be a bit more professional. Do you see that as complaining?

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on March 22, 2018, 08:19:12 am by deebee »
Exactly

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on March 22, 2018, 09:35:53 am by andysly »
Suzanne Uttley contacted me early to confirm I’d got a gift/prize letter to collect.

Is it just how human nature has become these days that whatever people get they complain. This has been a great incentive by the club & has worked out well with the rush for STs.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on March 22, 2018, 10:11:56 am by Pancho Regan »

If you take the time to read what fans have posted properly you might see that they are not complaining. They are trying to point out the failings of the club to check things before sending them out. Maybe they just want the club to be a bit more professional. Do you see that as complaining?

Yes I do.

builder jon

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on March 22, 2018, 03:21:17 pm by builder jon »
I phoned the ticket office just after dinner time, placed my order for my silver membership total cost £434.00 at the end of the conversation the receptionist said congratulations you have won a prize. Booked this afternoon of work drove over from Leeds to the keep moat be told sorry we have run out of prices. I wish some one in there would tell the staff when the targets are reached and prizes are finished. wasted afternoon, fuel and wages travelling for nothing. :crying:

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on March 22, 2018, 06:05:55 pm by SLO@DRFC »
Hi Jon.

I have spoken to the club and you have won a prize. You will receive a letter in the coming days that will tell you what your prize is.

curley

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on March 22, 2018, 06:54:57 pm by curley »
Be nice to get a letter inviting me & my son to renew still waiting :headbang:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on March 22, 2018, 06:58:20 pm by The Red Baron »
I got a letter today telling me I've won a prize which can be collected after 16th April. Excellent news.

builder jon

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on March 22, 2018, 07:16:38 pm by builder jon »
Hi slo thanks for helping out I will post when I get a letter & let you know what my prize is cheers again builder jon.

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on March 22, 2018, 07:16:51 pm by SLO@DRFC »
Be nice to get a letter inviting me & my son to renew still waiting :headbang:

Hi Curley. Can you DM me your name and email address and I will ask the club to get in contact with you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012