Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 03:46:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If it is Richie  (Read 9911 times)

Reesielad

• Forum Member
Re: If it is Richie
« Reply #90 on May 16, 2021, 01:15:41 pm by Reesielad »
100% agree. I don’t think anyone in the same position would of turned down the offer.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on May 16, 2021, 01:25:34 pm by since-1969 »
It is our responsibility to unite behind him & give him all the support he needs and deserves.

I know Richie has probably rubbed people up the wrong way previously but if he does get appointed the board will clearly think he’s up to it & buys into the ‘family club’ aspect of the project - to those who are most sceptical of RW, I remind you we are appointing a football manager not a social worker
What does it say about ability to attract people WITH experience of dealing in the transfer market or recruitment or has a promotion or a track record of building a team etc . When all they end up going for is populist ex-player who hadn’t done any of the above . IMO if Wellens is the best DRFC can attract then it’s going to be another sorry season . WE shouldn’t have  put up with another novice AGAIN running the show.

He ticks off those boxes Hun x
Which box ?
The one that says I used to play for you so I’m entitled to be your manager ?
Or is it I’ve already got experience from the three clubs I’ve been sacked from .. box .

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on May 16, 2021, 01:34:37 pm by belton rover »
Scawsby Steve This from the Swindon forum!

‘And what moves anyway? If I turned down the opportunity to shag Ann Widdecombe, would it necessarily mean I said no due to loyalty to my wife, or maybe that I just didn't want to shag Ann Widdecombe?’

No class at Swindon.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on May 16, 2021, 01:46:50 pm by glosterred »
What if its not Wellens ,people have closed there minds it must be Wellens ,

There’s going to be a lot of upset people on this forum, if it isn’t

COYR

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on May 16, 2021, 01:57:33 pm by redandwhitearmy »
It is Wellens

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on May 16, 2021, 03:05:20 pm by ravenrover »
Evidence?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on May 16, 2021, 03:09:57 pm by Alan Southstand »
Tomorrow.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on May 16, 2021, 03:35:12 pm by dickos1 »
It is our responsibility to unite behind him & give him all the support he needs and deserves.

I know Richie has probably rubbed people up the wrong way previously but if he does get appointed the board will clearly think he’s up to it & buys into the ‘family club’ aspect of the project - to those who are most sceptical of RW, I remind you we are appointing a football manager not a social worker
What does it say about ability to attract people WITH experience of dealing in the transfer market or recruitment or has a promotion or a track record of building a team etc . When all they end up going for is populist ex-player who hadn’t done any of the above . IMO if Wellens is the best DRFC can attract then it’s going to be another sorry season . WE shouldn’t have  put up with another novice AGAIN running the show.

Which box ?
Or is it I’ve already got experience from the three clubs I’ve been sacked from .. box .

Which 3 clubs sacked him?
I think you need to check again

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on May 16, 2021, 06:47:37 pm by scawsby steve »

Which box ?

Which box? How about every single one you mentioned?

Also, he got sacked from 2 clubs. You really need to get your facts right if you want to be taken seriously.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on May 16, 2021, 07:41:33 pm by scawsby steve »
Scawsby Steve This from the Swindon forum!

‘And what moves anyway? If I turned down the opportunity to shag Ann Widdecombe, would it necessarily mean I said no due to loyalty to my wife, or maybe that I just didn't want to shag Ann Widdecombe?’

No class at Swindon.

I'm so glad to see that it's not just me that appreciates genuine feminine beauty.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on May 16, 2021, 07:45:38 pm by drfchound »
Just found this on the Swindon forum.

https://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=58807.msg1619587#msg1619587

Largely positive. Sad that it looks like he isn't big on youth academies, but that may due to Swindons being crap.
Sounds like he's keen on playing out from the back. I personally rate that approach, but I know others hate it so buckle up chaps!

Looking at how Swindon played, I think it’s done at a much higher tempo than we’ve seen this last couple of years (since McCann left).

Was just gonna say the same thing!

Playing out from the back works if you play quickly and can catch teams out of shape. We have played too slowly to use it to our advantage.

Exactly.
Which is why I thought that some of our play last season was mind numbingly boring despite the fact that we were getting good results in the early part of the season.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on May 16, 2021, 08:18:34 pm by since-1969 »

Which box ?

Also, he got sacked from 2 clubs. You really need to get your facts right if you want to be taken seriously.
Really ?? So 2 1/2 jobs then if you think facts matter when choosing our next “ I want to manage DRFC these until something better comes along” is what you want .

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on May 16, 2021, 08:28:43 pm by Janso »

Which box ?

Really ?? So 2 1/2 jobs then if you think facts matter when choosing our next “ I want to manage DRFC these until something better comes along” is what you want .

But... does that not describe any manager? if a better opportunity they can't really turn down comes along, they're gonna take it no matter who they are.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on May 16, 2021, 08:36:09 pm by scawsby steve »

Which box ?

So enlighten us all. Which manager would you want, and why?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on May 16, 2021, 08:45:21 pm by Janso »

Which box ?

So enlighten us all. Which manager would you want, and why?

One that's f**kin ace and contracted until he dies or is shit at which point no payout will be owed, it seems.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on May 16, 2021, 08:54:55 pm by since-1969 »
 As nobody  knows who applied and why they failed their interviews or even what the criteria WAS . All of us are just speculating. IMO Ritchie Wellens is just not got any pedigree and give off the impression being arrogant and lacking humility. 

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on May 16, 2021, 09:02:22 pm by dickos1 »
As nobody  knows who applied and why they failed their interviews or even what the criteria WAS . All of us are just speculating. IMO Ritchie Wellens is just not got any pedigree and give off the impression being arrogant and lacking humility. 

What pedigree did mccann have?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on May 16, 2021, 09:38:22 pm by ravenrover »
Aaaah now we're getting there. Nothing to do with ticking boxrs or being a good manager ....
You just don't like him, why not just say that at the beginning

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on May 16, 2021, 09:49:28 pm by since-1969 »
It wasn’t me who said “ He ticks all the boxes hun” it was Donny Osmond . I merely asked “ Which box”. ?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on May 16, 2021, 09:55:08 pm by DonnyOsmond »
It wasn’t me who said “ He ticks all the boxes hun” it was Donny Osmond . I merely asked “ Which box”. ?

You said he doesn't have a promotion record or a record of building a team. Which he does have both.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on May 16, 2021, 10:36:34 pm by since-1969 »

You said he doesn't have a promotion record or a record of building a team. Which he does have both.
. I liked Wellens as a player but it doesn’t make him qualified . He inherited all his teams and flattered to deceive !!   

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on May 16, 2021, 10:39:38 pm by DonnyOsmond »

. I liked Wellens as a player but it doesn’t make him qualified . He inherited all his teams and flattered to deceive !!   

He rebuilt Swindon.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on May 16, 2021, 10:47:16 pm by Jonathan »

He rebuilt Swindon.

Pretty sure that was Neil Godwin.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on May 16, 2021, 10:53:00 pm by dickos1 »

He’s managed more games than Moore had, Moore games than mccann had,
He’s won a promotion that neither of those two had,
You’re just making yourself look daft with the nonsense you’re spouting

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on May 17, 2021, 07:07:12 am by NickDRFC »

He rebuilt Swindon.

Pretty sure that was Neil Godwin.

Was that after the atomic bomb dropped there? Only about £10 worth of damage.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012