Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:03:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Manager being announced Monday.  (Read 8909 times)

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
Re: New Manager being announced Monday.
« Reply #60 on May 14, 2021, 04:08:35 pm by Rovers Return »
As I've mentioned in the other thread, the club have made their choice of the new DRFC Manager and the applicant has been informed and is absolutely delighted to be joining us.

The announcement will be made officially on Monday.

Today, and this weekend, will see numerous meetings taking place, and the club wish to get those out of the way first.

The club are also delighted that their first choice has accepted the position and everybody is looking forward to starting work.
a”Their first choice” ? So what happened to the two who wanted to be considered but couldn’t get to the Keepmoat only to both change their minds .. why offer to hold over the interviews if your first choice is still in the running? . It’s Wellens then !!

I think it means their first choice after the final interviews.....jeez!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 14, 2021, 04:23:24 pm by redandwhitearmy »
As I've mentioned in the other thread, the club have made their choice of the new DRFC Manager and the applicant has been informed and is absolutely delighted to be joining us.

Today, and this weekend, will see numerous meetings taking place, and the club wish to get those out of the way first.

The club are also delighted that their first choice has accepted the position and everybody is looking forward to starting work.
a”Their first choice” ? So what happened to the two who wanted to be considered but couldn’t get to the Keepmoat only to both change their minds .. why offer to hold over the interviews if your first choice is still in the running? . It’s Wellens then !!
Wrong end of the stick there I think. It wasn't the 2 who put off their interviews until the Monday who changed their minds I understood it to be 2 from the 1st earlier set of interviews who withdrew their applications prior to being interviewed, that is even if they had even been offered an interview in the 1st place.

Wellens was interviewed on Friday.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on May 14, 2021, 05:28:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I have no issue with this at all.

I'm pleased the people that matter have made their decision and know what's ahead.

Whether I find out today or Monday makes no difference whatsoever. I will sleep just as soundly either way.

If the new manager and newly appointed Talent ID manager get 3 days head start over the fans and media before being drawn into endless interviews,  questions and speculation over the merit of the appointment, then so be it.

Chill out everyone!

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on May 14, 2021, 05:32:00 pm by mpc123 »
I’m going to be honest and say I find all this a bit nonsensical now. I’m not going out of my way looking to criticise the club, but why don’t they just announce it? A unanimous decision has been made, an agreement in place and nothing further to overcome by the looks of it. The hold up isn’t related to the appointment so why not just announce it and put all this nonsense to bed.

It’s our new manager, this matters to the fans. In a footballing sense it’s as big as it gets. So, having concluded a rigorous process during which everyone has been patient, why not just tell us who it is now so we can all start looking forward. Allowing an unnecessary weekend of speculation is really not helpful to anyone.

Maybe that person is in employment and that needs resolving

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 14, 2021, 05:36:56 pm by ChrisBx »
It's clearly Wellens. We knew he was on the shortlist, his odds are now 1/6 and he's been liking tweets about him being offered the job this afternoon.

It's pretty laughable that the board are still holding off on announcing it at this point.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on May 14, 2021, 05:45:16 pm by Jonathan »
All points taken on board, and I don’t expect everyone to agree.

To clarify again, this definitely wasn’t a dig at the updates we’ve had on here. Quite the opposite, we’d have been lost without them. I think the club get a hell of a lot of things right. But sometimes they don’t hit the right note, and on an issue as significant as this I can’t help but think they’re relying too heavily on a supporters representative to do their work for them.

Those that know me know that I’m not one of the serial moaners or one of the types that expects everything now. But when was the last time that the club released a statement on this important matter? Everyone has waited and waited, and we on here have been lucky enough to get an insight offered up regularly. But now the process has concluded I think the club should put an end to the speculation and make an official announcement as soon as they can.

Jonathan,

As the supporters trust has an MOU in place with the club they provide updates on all key issues. They have stood by that agreement ever since it was signed and agreed.

The signed MOU was something we asked for so that supporters can feel in the loop at all times. A lot of what we discuss and hear about never makes it to the forum, but we are consulted anyhow and offer our advice on a regular basis.

I think your suggestion that the club let a supporters rep do their work isn't correct. I don't feel as if I'm doing their work, in my opinion I'm doing the work of the VSC and hoping that all supporters feel connected. The MOU has been a major shift in relations with DRFC and something that the supporters movement has championed for a few years, but very few clubs actually put in place.

You may see it as we're doing the work of the club, but I don't, I see it as the club being as open and honest as they can be.

That’s fair enough, and I honestly hadn’t intended to start an argument here, or appear like I was critical of your update, which I wasn’t. It’s just a frustration, as a fan (and I’ll accept there’s an element of impatience / irrationality) as I want to know! And within the point I was trying to make there is a genuine sense that (sometimes and on some issues) it doesn’t feel like there’s a lot coming directly from the club. Somebody else alluded to it earlier in the week, that for all our gratitude for the financial outlay and the work of the owners and the CEO, it can feel a bit distant and there’s a notable vacuum from the position of chairman. Perhaps in a reactionary frustration it felt like the club don’t realise just how much (some of) the fans really want to know and are desperate for news, especially positive and impactful news like this. Not everyone agrees with me on this, that’s clear and that’s fine, but some do.

Anyhow, to reiterate my point, the updates we’ve had throughout the process, including today’s, have been appreciated. It has kept us updated and given an insight into the process.

It feels like perhaps we know (unofficially) who the new manager is now, and we await the official announcement on Monday.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 14, 2021, 06:06:22 pm by Chris the Rover »
What if the new man is not one of the three touted on here? Just a thought.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on May 14, 2021, 06:15:39 pm by Superspy »

I do wonder if SM sits giggling to himself at a lot of the things said on here in these situations.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 14, 2021, 06:31:41 pm by Jonathan »

I think that’s the root of what I was getting at really. If it’s not Wellens, then the club would be well served to nip the current level of speculation in the bud and say who it is now hat it’s agreed. They’re not in control of the betting markets I know, but they’ll see the level of expectation (positive and negative) out there and if it was all wide of the mark then I think it’d be in their interests to nip that in the bud from a PR perspective.

It looks like it is Wellens... in which case we just wait until they’re ready to tell us that.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 14, 2021, 06:33:32 pm by Northants Nomad »

I do wonder if SM sits giggling to himself at a lot of the things said on here in these situations.

He must do - I know I do. It's like watching a load of 5 year olds sometimes, bickering and name-calling and saying they're not gonna be the other one's friend.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 14, 2021, 06:39:06 pm by PDX_Rover »
I’m sure there will be a report in Monday’s Doncaster Evening Post.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on May 14, 2021, 06:53:47 pm by ravenrover »

Wrong end of the stick there I think. It wasn't the 2 who put off their interviews until the Monday who changed their minds I understood it to be 2 from the 1st earlier set of interviews who withdrew their applications prior to being interviewed, that is even if they had even been offered an interview in the 1st place.

Wellens was interviewed on Friday.
Lost me on that one. What has that got to do with the 2 withdrawing their application?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on May 14, 2021, 07:05:09 pm by Filo »
I’m sure there will be a report in Monday’s Doncaster Evening Post.

Nope you’ll have to wait until Thursday when the Doncaster Gazette comes out

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on May 14, 2021, 07:09:43 pm by RoversAlias »

I think that’s the root of what I was getting at really. If it’s not Wellens, then the club would be well served to nip the current level of speculation in the bud and say who it is now hat it’s agreed. They’re not in control of the betting markets I know, but they’ll see the level of expectation (positive and negative) out there and if it was all wide of the mark then I think it’d be in their interests to nip that in the bud from a PR perspective.

It looks like it is Wellens... in which case we just wait until they’re ready to tell us that.

There's a lot that goes into these things, both the appointment and announcing it.

Contracts have to be negotiated, drafted and signed. Coaching staff have to be approached, the new manager has to get things in place to set up in his new role, and so on.

In terms of announcing, the club's media and marketing teams will have a lot of work to do to arrange it and communicate the news too.

Rovers can't just say "right we've picked this guy" and then tell the world. It's not that simple nor do they need to rush it when the season ended 5 days ago and there is an entire summer ahead. Just because some people have a bet on or are incessantly discussing it on the Internet as we are, that doesn't equate to a PR disaster that needs managing.

As for the club's communications with us as fans, Rovers are easily one of the top clubs in the country at keeping their supporters informed on the important matters at the club. They are open and transparent with the local press and speak regularly to the Supporter's Trust who in turn relay lots of very useful and pertinent information on the footballing side of things, which fans up and down the country at other clubs would absolutely love to have.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 07:13:46 pm by RoversAlias »

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on May 14, 2021, 07:12:04 pm by Michael Gibson »
If it wellens, then surely the opinion of the vsc and associated rovers fans, has been quite clearly been dismissed, if this has anything why SMis standing down I don’t know, but respect to the guy if it is....

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on May 14, 2021, 07:18:52 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Where has the opinion of the VSC and associated Rovers fans been quite clearly dismissed?

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on May 14, 2021, 07:21:43 pm by Rovers Return »
If it wellens, then surely the opinion of the vsc and associated rovers fans, has been quite clearly been dismissed, if this has anything why SMis standing down I don’t know, but respect to the guy if it is....

SM is standing down because he’s retiring from work and doesn’t wish to spend his retirement on football matters. He wants to be in the garden! ( not) Knowing Martin he will spend a large slice of his time abroad. End of!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on May 14, 2021, 07:23:21 pm by drfchound »

Plenty of posters on the vsc site are in favour of Wellens getting the job though.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on May 14, 2021, 07:26:35 pm by i_ateallthepies »

What a pillock you are, Gibson.  The opinion of the VSC??? What is the opinion of the VSC?  Martin isn't the VSC, he's the fan's representative, his opinion of Wellens is entirely his own business and I am certain when acting in his role as fan representative he he would not be so unethical as to offer his own opinion as if it were that of the VSC membership.  And as for suggesting the dislike of Wellens is the collective opinion of the fans you really have stepped well over the line.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on May 14, 2021, 07:37:01 pm by Michael Gibson »
Isn’t the vsc a supporters club????? If SM has serious concerns then surely then somethings not right??????????? Every other day your up SMs arse so make your mind up, more faces than Big Ben those complaining.... pathetic

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on May 14, 2021, 07:37:24 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
And what does it actually matter. For every person who has one opinion you'll find another with an alternate view.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on May 14, 2021, 07:37:34 pm by BVB »
I generally find that when the board has something to say they put it out on DROS when they are ready to do so.

Clearly they are not yet ready to do so, and for whatever reason, that must be respected.

So some tolerance and respect is in order.
Enjoy the weekend.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on May 14, 2021, 07:39:20 pm by BVB »
Isn’t the vsc a supporters club????? If SM has serious concerns then surely then somethings not right??????????? Every other day your up SMs arse so make your mind up, more faces than Big Ben those complaining.... pathetic

And you’re the guy who has stated that you don’t come on here insulting others.
Aren’t you???????????????????????????????

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on May 14, 2021, 07:40:50 pm by BVB »
Oh no I’ve just totally undermined my own argument....

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on May 14, 2021, 07:45:31 pm by Michael Gibson »
BCB I speak my mind just because I’m anti board doesn’t mean I’m right or wrong but when SM disagrees with something we don’t know then I’m sure it’s pretty bad mate

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on May 14, 2021, 07:47:15 pm by ravenrover »
Co-operative!

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on May 14, 2021, 07:54:55 pm by BVB »
Michael - of course you are entitled to your opinion as much as everyone else. In this case though I think you’re reading too much into what SM says or doesn’t say.
There is no conspiracy, only due process.
And that’s my opinion.
  :)

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on May 14, 2021, 07:56:51 pm by Michael Gibson »
Vsc... for the idiots nit picking.... I don’t blame SM for spilling the beans and wouldn’t expect the bloke too, but for there to be a big no no from the ‘respected’ supporters club with a voice shows the board don’t give a f**k to the vsc

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on May 14, 2021, 08:04:28 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Vsc... for the idiots nit picking.... I don’t blame SM for spilling the beans and wouldn’t expect the bloke too, but for there to be a big no no from the ‘respected’ supporters club with a voice shows the board don’t give a f**k to the vsc

Have you been drinking?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on May 14, 2021, 08:05:09 pm by ravenrover »
What on earth are you blathering on about? Do you think that SM on behalf of supporters has told DRFC who they should or should not appoint? You've come out with some nonsense in the past but you've surpassed your usual stupidity on this one

TinyPortal © 2005-2012