Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:56:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No new signings  (Read 8759 times)

rich1471

• Forum Member
Re: No new signings
« Reply #90 on August 05, 2021, 06:53:49 pm by rich1471 »
Don't understand why people think RW would leave , He knew what the budget was, you cannot spend it then expect to be given more money that's not how budgets work, you would not go to work  earn 2k a month and then spend it all and ask you boss for money because you spent it all before you got paid again.The club don't have a bottomless pit of money

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on August 05, 2021, 07:08:52 pm by mushRTID »
Really silly question I know, non contract terms… does that mean Harrison is registered to play for us, for free?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on August 05, 2021, 07:10:38 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Really silly question I know, non contract terms… does that mean Harrison is registered to play for us, for free?

It will be a pay as you play arrangement

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on August 05, 2021, 07:13:48 pm by mushRTID »

It will be a pay as you play arrangement

Fair play to him for that.
Really liked the look of him in the Newcastle game. Looked a talent.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on August 05, 2021, 07:14:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If we’re not able to sign anyone further then I think it’s too easy to just say wellens knew his budget so it’s his fault.
The number of injuries we have should in my opinion lead the board to helping out the manager on this occasion.
We’re always told they keep money back for emergencies and for occasions when we’re looking good for promotion.
Without the injuries we would have a good squad that has been made with the budget, with the number of injuries we should be giving the manager a chance

You're right.

Richie is acutely aware of where we are at the moment. He's signed the players that he wants here long term and wants to build on that in future windows. 

What he doesn't want to do is resolve a short term injury situation by signing players that won't be part of his future plans otherwise, you have three or more Ed Williams on your hands instead of one, and that may detract from the business he wants to do going forward.

The transfer window doesn't close tomorrow, it closes on 31 August so there's plenty that could happen in and out before then.

He's playing his cards close to his chest and being sensible about what he says to the media. He gets more time to assess the contracted players such as Bogle, Bostock, John for example.

It's just the resident idiots on this forum can't differentiate what could be fact and what could be fiction.

CoppsChop

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on August 05, 2021, 07:33:34 pm by CoppsChop »
There is some shite written by the same old sad individuals on this forum but some of the posts on this thread have surpassed even the most ridiculous bollox spouted previously.
If you're unhappy with the current ownership ploughing millions every year into the club, you know what you can do! Frankly, I'm just grateful I still have a club to support and a game to go to again.
They aren't ploughing millions in though .
Prove it by showing me accounts that aren't abbreviated. 

The fact is the last 3 managers walked .
And the noises coming out of the club aren't good .

They have literally prevented Ritchie building a squad .

Who else has been putting the money in, then?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on August 05, 2021, 07:33:47 pm by Campsall rover »
If we’re not able to sign anyone further then I think it’s too easy to just say wellens knew his budget so it’s his fault.
The number of injuries we have should in my opinion lead the board to helping out the manager on this occasion.
We’re always told they keep money back for emergencies and for occasions when we’re looking good for promotion.
Without the injuries we would have a good squad that has been made with the budget, with the number of injuries we should be giving the manager a chance

You're right.

Richie is acutely aware of where we are at the moment. He's signed the players that he wants here long term and wants to build on that in future windows. 

What he doesn't want to do is resolve a short term injury situation by signing players that won't be part of his future plans otherwise, you have three or more Ed Williams on your hands instead of one, and that may detract from the business he wants to do going forward.

The transfer window doesn't close tomorrow, it closes on 31 August so there's plenty that could happen in and out before then.

He's playing his cards close to his chest and being sensible about what he says to the media. He gets more time to assess the contracted players such as Bogle, Bostock, John for example.

It's just the resident idiots on this forum can't differentiate what could be fact and what could be fiction.
Bang on DBR. 

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on August 05, 2021, 07:35:08 pm by CantleyRed »
I would not be surprised if RW left over his hands being tied

Can  those of you you have bet thousands(of pence) on him to be the next Rovers manager  get together and ask him to wait till the kick-off to resign so you can collect your winnings and buy him a farewell drink  :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:    :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Ha Ha. When I placed the bet I assumed it would be paid out when he was appointed but here we are still waiting!!!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on August 06, 2021, 09:06:23 am by selby »
  We will turn out a squad of players tomorrow that will deserve our support no matter what, are they as tallented as squads we have had in the recent past? probably not, will they try and show some pride and try? they can't be as bad as some we had last season and I am more than happy with that, and many a team have proved the sum of the parts are better than the individual talent, many unfancied teams put together have gone on to great things, Wycombe anyone?
  Last season at this time of the season Ipswich, Sunderland,Portsmouth, and Oxford were fancied to go up with the finances and managers at their disposal they all failed, three of the managers lost the trust of their board and have been sacked, yet are still splashing cash they might not have and start with no more chance than us.
  The touchline internationals on here have got us struggling already, and are already blaming money not being splashed about as the reason, well it does not always work, nobody knows, and we will have to wait until May to find out.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on August 06, 2021, 09:35:03 am by DearneValleyRover »
Well said Selby

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on August 06, 2021, 10:57:00 am by the vicar »
We will turn out a good team tomorrow just how long we will be able to keep turning one out when the injuries kick in

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on August 06, 2021, 11:06:11 am by roversdude »
Ever the optimist vicar - hopefully by the time we get anymore we should have players back

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on August 06, 2021, 11:24:58 am by Donny Exile in York »
Don't understand why people think RW would leave , He knew what the budget was, you cannot spend it then expect to be given more money that's not how budgets work, you would not go to work  earn 2k a month and then spend it all and ask you boss for money because you spent it all before you got paid again.The club don't have a bottomless pit of money

Maybe its the track record of the last 3 managers, the last two lasting less that 2 seasons each.. ?!?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on August 06, 2021, 11:36:21 am by the vicar »
Ever the optimist vicar - hopefully by the time we get anymore we should have players back
lol we can hope. But, I don’t think anyone can think any different with the small squad.  Do you remember we went through the same scenario a few seasons ago and two seasons on the trot when we had about 8 players instead well this could be the same sort of season, but I hope not and I’m wrong

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on August 06, 2021, 11:50:26 am by roversdude »

Maybe its the track record of the last 3 managers, the last two lasting less that 2 seasons each.. ?!?

One despite being backed to the hilt in the January transfer window

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on August 06, 2021, 01:12:07 pm by Al4475 »
How big is Burnley squad that under a decent manager keeps on hanging on in the prem?

What did their accounts say?

How big were the squads if the teams relegated from the top flight?

What did their accounts say?

f**k me - I wish some people would grow up!

Doncaster Rovers are (much to many people's chagrin) a well run club who continues to be competitive in the 3rd tier of English football, having had a few recent seasons in the second tier - we are not run by by crooks (which we have in the past- recently and further back) and are recognised throughout the league as a club doing OK!

Come on get some f**king perspective!

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on August 06, 2021, 02:14:23 pm by EasyforDennis »
Yes we are a well run club and no we are not run by crooks, although I can only think of one crook ever running the club!
I am not sure however you could say we are an "ambitious" club.

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on August 06, 2021, 02:31:23 pm by BradwellRover »
Easy to play Football Manager with other peoples money.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on August 06, 2021, 04:35:27 pm by MachoMadness »
Hoden is strongly implying there's another deal in the works. Whether that's a loan deal or the board have freed up funds to bring in a trialist, it's not clear.

RoverAG

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on August 06, 2021, 04:42:11 pm by RoverAG »
You'd imagine it's one of Reed, Gardner or Butterfield, assuming they're all still training with us.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on August 06, 2021, 04:45:49 pm by steve@dcfd »
Can you tell me who sanctioned the signings 6 young lads before Richie arrived for him to find out they were not ready for League one football but are part of his squad. I bet that 2k a month will be the cost of those 6 players at least.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on August 06, 2021, 04:48:16 pm by steve@dcfd »

On a 23% less budget for the year he may have been backed but not to the hilt to what it was decided he could have.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on August 06, 2021, 04:52:52 pm by roversdude »

On a 23% less budget for the year he may have been backed but not to the hilt to what it was decided he could have.
Why did DM want Messi or Ronaldo ? - he got who he wanted

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on August 06, 2021, 04:56:47 pm by steve@dcfd »

Why did DM want Messi or Ronaldo ? - he got who he wanted
Maybe ??

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on August 06, 2021, 05:05:49 pm by roversdude »
Lol should have waited

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on August 06, 2021, 05:29:39 pm by steve@dcfd »
Very good article in the FreePress from Paul Goodwin how he sees DRFC at the present and what as been said  in the past.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012