Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 03:22:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Oxford United game  (Read 6712 times)

Prez

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Oxford United game
« Reply #90 on December 07, 2021, 11:10:37 pm by Prez »
I hope that's the last we see of Cukur in a Rovers shirt. I can excuse not being good enough but lack of effort does me. Just half arses it about.

Have to pull a few fingers out his ring piece if he wants to make it in the big leagues going forward.

Agreed, but for some reason he repeatedly gets picked!! He should be nowhere near the bench let alone the starting line up. Waste of a shirt, and is arguably the laziest player i have ever seen.

Barlow is not blessed with alot of ability, but at least he puts the effort in and tries. Its unforgivable from Cuker what he contributes in workrate.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 11:26:08 pm by Prez »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on December 07, 2021, 11:23:29 pm by RoversAlias »
Cukur is a 19 year old kid who is blatantly nowhere near ready to play professional football. I think some of the comments about him have been over the line, personally. He is objectively very poor at the moment and we should break his loan next month but to get personal about him is unfair. Teenager who has only been in this country a year or so been brought in to play a lot more than he should at this stage.

Whoever scouted him and recommended we sign him wants removing from the club's recruitment process.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on December 07, 2021, 11:31:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's unfortunate for the lad because he's not blessed with any real pace even over 2 or 3 yards, and he's not a quick thinker, he's generally slow to get to where he wants to go. Makes poor decisions and is too easy to defend against. Even if you were doing a coaching report for Watford, you'd be hard pushed to find some positives about his game.

Shame for the lad, especially when he's been thrown into the dragons den like this.

I get the feeling he was offered as part of the package with Dhalberg as a freebie for them to get out and get some game time. I don't think for one minute we thought we'd have to use him as much as we have.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on December 08, 2021, 09:04:00 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Galbraith was 20 in May and at his first EFL club. Hasani is 19. Ravenhill is a kid but did more in his spell in the side against Mansfield than Cukur has done in 4 months.

I simply cannot accept the excuses that just because Cukur is just 19 then that is why he is terrible.

He has no identifiable attributes whatsoever to being a pro footballer. That in itself is bad but he does not appear to realize that he needs to actually run and work hard, which is unforgiveable. Not in one game, or two but pretty much every time i have seen him he is slow, lazy and just drains the energy out of me just watching him stoop around the pitch at 1 mile an hour.

I agree that it wasn't our intention to play him as much as we have and this is because of injuries to other players etc but we are not a development club for Watford. We also have aspirations to achieve and need half decent players and grafters to be able to do this. Any player of any age who makes the first team needs to put in a certain amount of effort and perform to a bare minimum standard on regular occasions.

Galbraith works hard, gives 100% and he's actually bloody decent. He wants to try and win. Cukur is more interested about posting celebrity-esque photos on his instagram with his girlfriend relaxing by the sea like he is already Ronaldo than finding the desire that Galbraith has to succeed.

As somebody else said, why do managers keep picking him?! Do they see something we don't? All i see is that every time he makes the pitch he slows us down, doesn't work, rarely shoots and basically for the 1st half yesterday we had 10 men.

When we had 11 men second half we were more competitive.

Sorry but it infuriates me. I'd have cut my own arm off as a 19 year old kid for the opportunities that Cukur ha already had to make something of himself in the game and it actually sickens me tbh.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 09:16:48 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on December 08, 2021, 09:19:45 am by normal rules »
I hope that's the last we see of Cukur in a Rovers shirt. I can excuse not being good enough but lack of effort does me. Just half arses it about.

Have to pull a few fingers out his ring piece if he wants to make it in the big leagues going forward.

Agreed, but for some reason he repeatedly gets picked!! He should be nowhere near the bench let alone the starting line up. Waste of a shirt, and is arguably the laziest player i have ever seen.

Barlow is not blessed with alot of ability, but at least he puts the effort in and tries. Its unforgivable from Cuker what he contributes in workrate.

Him playing as often as he does will be down to the loan agreement with parent club. That’s how loans work. They have to get game time, and coming from a bigger club higher up the pyramid means they get to call the shots. Don’t forget, they will be paying most of his wages, which based on current performances, he is stealing.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on December 08, 2021, 09:22:30 am by DonnyOsmond »

Him playing as often as he does will be down to the loan agreement with parent club. That’s how loans work. They have to get game time, and coming from a bigger club higher up the pyramid means they get to call the shots. Don’t forget, they will be paying most of his wages, which based on current performances, he is stealing.

That isn't true. They'll be extra for us to pay if he doesn't play but we never let another team dictate our teamsheet.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on December 08, 2021, 09:22:41 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

So if i am getting this right, what you are saying is that we sign Cukur on loan for a set amount of time and Watford pay his wages (or most of them) and as a result of that, we have to play Cukur for a set number of appearances / time and we can't send him back until his loan has ended?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on December 08, 2021, 09:25:15 am by Sammy Chung was King »
What this  side needs is a good organiser, I put forward one James Harper esquire  ;)

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on December 08, 2021, 09:47:50 am by vaya »
What this  side needs is a good organiser, I put forward one James Harper esquire  ;)

aka 'The Delegator'

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on December 08, 2021, 09:50:03 am by GazLaz »

It’s easy to look lazy when you are thrust into a level that’s miles above your capabilities. The combination of things just happening too fast, not really knowing what to do for the best and having zero confidence in your ability can look like a lack of effort.

You don’t get to play for your country at 18/19 if you are lazy. It’s just far too much for him. The same as it is with most of our young lads. It’s not really their fault they’ve been given a job to do that they are not ready for.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on December 08, 2021, 09:52:01 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
They could always join the real world then and get a proper job and see how they like that?  :)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on December 08, 2021, 10:31:06 am by normal rules »

That isn't true. They'll be extra for us to pay if he doesn't play but we never let another team dictate our teamsheet.

I never said they dictate the team sheet. I said they get to call the shots. Cukur would have come with a clause that he would have to play x amount of game time. Given rovers current plight, do you honestly think we would pay more of his wages to play less? And I dread to think what he gets paid.
It’s a lose lose situation for any team who takes on a loan player who is not up to the job. Especially when they come from a higher league where the wage bills will be exponentially greater.
Rovers simply could not afford to pay anywhere near his full wage. So he plays.
It may be that we have to keep him for the full loan period too. So he may still play. Sadly.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on December 08, 2021, 10:47:04 am by BVB »
To me it looked like GM in the first half set up to pack the midfield to stifle Oxford, thus lone striker to allow more in midfield.
This could have been Hiwula - but out of sorts, Dodoo - unproductive, Bogle - not fit, and also perhaps dropped Hiwula and Dodoo for the above reasons following their non-performances against Mansfield (Sinclair was having a right go at the pair of them).
Hence Cukur.
In that formation Galbraith was lost, Cukur looked lost, and we did well to go in 1-0 down.

GM changed that at HT and immediately we had some upfront presence and Galbraith came more into the game. Saw some improvement on Mansfield game from Dodoo and Hiwula and we got at Oxford more, though Hiwula still doesn’t look right to me.
Well taken goal by Horton.
But by default we opened up more for Oxford and good job the lino on the East Stand was awake (compared to the one on the West).

I accept the frustration when posters rant about how about how s***e we are, or indeed say the same about our Academy players, but we are where we are and at the moment that’s all we’ve got.
As such, live with it, or for the sake of your mental health, don’t bother going - a suggestion I will be putting to the big mouth up at the back of the West Stand behind the dugouts  who in the first half was shouting out “this is s***e” as our young lads struggled to deal with a well established L1 side.

His level of support - along with hundreds of others last night-  could be equally described as “s***e”.  **

** (Lacks ability to see other’s viewpoints, empathy, bigger picture etc, only want to see that which reinforces their beliefs etc) 

« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 11:12:33 am by BVB »

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on December 08, 2021, 11:00:13 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I really don't get this slating of other fans simply because their 'level of support' isn't deemed appropriate or not as others would like. It is kind of supercilious tbh.

Fans turn up and have the right to do, say, shout or sing anything they like so long as it isn't offensive, abusive, discriminatory etc. They are in the ground, they have turned up and so they are equals.

If somebody's actions don't fit an individuals narrow definition of support then i'm afraid that is just unfortunate but we are all equal as fans. Nobody is a better supporter or a worse supporter.

Really is petty.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on December 08, 2021, 11:07:32 am by normal rules »
I’d say a few dozen in the south stand singing were f**king shit, so much so it could be heard on telly, is pretty offensive and abusive. The abuse being directed at Jones ditto. Anderson and Rowe abused personally at Mansfield game ditto.

If I worked in the Same place as you and I turned up for work saying we’re all f**king shit in here, I’m sure you would take issue .

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on December 08, 2021, 11:09:21 am by normal rules »
I went to Stoke and the crèche there were singing Omar bogle get out of our club.
Probably some of the same clowns that were singing Omar bogle baby last night.

Clueless idiots.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on December 08, 2021, 11:11:02 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
The abuse aimed at players at games is not acceptable. Singing 'we're f*****g s**t' is childish admittedly, but factually accurate.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on December 08, 2021, 11:14:19 am by BVB »
Factually accurate CDH?

Sounds like an opinion to me…..

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on December 08, 2021, 11:19:25 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Factually accurate CDH?

Sounds like an opinion to me…..

:)

The stats this season suggest we are ****** **** but yes, you are right. Matter of personal opinon and not factually correct. Being a bit facetious i guess.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on December 08, 2021, 04:48:45 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
To me it looked like GM in the first half set up to pack the midfield to stifle Oxford, thus lone striker to allow more in midfield.
This could have been Hiwula - but out of sorts, Dodoo - unproductive, Bogle - not fit, and also perhaps dropped Hiwula and Dodoo for the above reasons following their non-performances against Mansfield (Sinclair was having a right go at the pair of them).
Hence Cukur.
In that formation Galbraith was lost, Cukur looked lost, and we did well to go in 1-0 down.

GM changed that at HT and immediately we had some upfront presence and Galbraith came more into the game. Saw some improvement on Mansfield game from Dodoo and Hiwula and we got at Oxford more, though Hiwula still doesn’t look right to me.
Well taken goal by Horton.
But by default we opened up more for Oxford and good job the lino on the East Stand was awake (compared to the one on the West).

I accept the frustration when posters rant about how about how s***e we are, or indeed say the same about our Academy players, but we are where we are and at the moment that’s all we’ve got.
As such, live with it, or for the sake of your mental health, don’t bother going - a suggestion I will be putting to the big mouth up at the back of the West Stand behind the dugouts  who in the first half was shouting out “this is s***e” as our young lads struggled to deal with a well established L1 side.

His level of support - along with hundreds of others last night-  could be equally described as “s***e”.  **

** (Lacks ability to see other’s viewpoints, empathy, bigger picture etc, only want to see that which reinforces their beliefs etc) 

You must sit near me, BVB.

There's a few loud mouths who just shout constant b*llocks in our area.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on December 08, 2021, 04:54:41 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I must admit, for all the b*****ks i shout on here, i'm not one for letting rip inside the Keepmoat. Occasionally i'll lose it with a rant for a few seconds but generally just encourage with shouts of come on rovers and clap good passes and passages of play.

Quite a few people around me surprise me though as they can suddenly jump up and explode into a tirade of expletives. Quite a few last night around me started kicking off a bit. The ref i think got them going a bit.

On another issue: what was the official attendance last night? Looked a bit sparse.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 04:59:50 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on December 08, 2021, 05:07:22 pm by normal rules »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on December 08, 2021, 05:35:05 pm by scawsby steve »

I believe the attendance figures always include ST holders, even if they're not there. I believe about 3500 of us are ST holders, and many must have been missing last night, because the ground looked almost empty on iFollow.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on December 08, 2021, 05:58:11 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Maybe we'd have been better building a smaller stadium with the option of extending the capacity if the miracle happened and we ever filled it regularly.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on December 09, 2021, 09:01:50 am by drfchound »

I believe the attendance figures always include ST holders, even if they're not there. I believe about 3500 of us are ST holders, and many must have been missing last night, because the ground looked almost empty on iFollow.

SS, the ground looked almost empty from inside the ground too.
I was in the prawn sarnie seats with a couple of pals and got a different perspective of the stadium.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on December 09, 2021, 01:01:55 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Maybe we'd have been better building a smaller stadium with the option of extending the capacity if the miracle happened and we ever filled it regularly.
Initially it wasn’t our stadium to build.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on December 09, 2021, 01:06:47 pm by Campsall rover »
There was never 5785 in the ground. That’s total fantasy.

I estimated 4200 optimistically looking at the empty seats.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012