Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:58:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wrexham  (Read 8599 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
Wrexham
« on April 01, 2023, 09:30:53 am by watto-drfc »
I see Wrexham have made a loss of nearly £3m in just over a year. Not easy running a football club a

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Wrexham
« Reply #1 on April 01, 2023, 09:43:59 am by DonnyOsmond »
Football clubs aren't normal businesses. 90% of clubs won't make profits. The rest are looking for owners to piss millions a year up a wall.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 01, 2023, 10:44:06 am by sedwardsdrfc »
They’ve had a fair few big TV games so if those figures are for this season that’s a lot for a well attended club. But that said it’s sustainable so long as the owners can afford it and want to afford it.

What’s happening at DRFC isn’t much different to when a club gets a owner who splurges for a few seasons then says ‘I can’t afford this sh*t anymore your on your own’. This is exactly what’s happened to us the decline is just as quick really. The only bright side is we haven’t had points deductions.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 01, 2023, 11:21:08 am by Scooter »
Does that loss take into account buying the stadium?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 01, 2023, 07:47:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
https://www.wrexham.com/news/the-directors-do-not-feel-we-are-anywhere-near-reaching-the-ceiling-of-the-clubs-potential-yet-232806.html

Interesting comments "On a wider view the Directors add, “The ambition of becoming self-sufficient may well take some time to achieve but remains the objective, however, this desire will not prevent strategic investment where required to deliver success at the earliest possible opportunity. The Directors are committed to this approach, while not putting the club at risk.” ‌

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 01, 2023, 07:52:36 pm by drfchound »
They’ve had a fair few big TV games so if those figures are for this season that’s a lot for a well attended club. But that said it’s sustainable so long as the owners can afford it and want to afford it.

What’s happening at DRFC isn’t much different to when a club gets a owner who splurges for a few seasons then says ‘I can’t afford this sh*t anymore your on your own’. This is exactly what’s happened to us the decline is just as quick really. The only bright side is we haven’t had points deductions.

The money from this years tv matches won’t be included until next years accounts.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 01, 2023, 07:58:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
They are all full to their gills in debt. Last season Wrexham lost £56,000 a week, Stockport lost £93,000 a week, Orient was £44,000 a week, Fleetwood was £30,000 a week and Salford lost £56,000 a week. Small clubs running up huge losses to remain competitive. Someone has to take on that debt.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 01, 2023, 09:15:53 pm by TheFunk »
The two actors are loaning the club the money and charging high interest rates on it too.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 01, 2023, 09:37:10 pm by Pliskin »
They'll get to League 1 quickly I imagine, and TV will continue lapping it up even though it's already getting boring.

But it's getting out of League 1, competing with Portsmouth, Charlton, Bolton, Derby etc when it starts getting really expensive for a club that size if they're not smart and patient about it. And they have a fanbase with a large contingent of bandwagon jumpers and Americans to satisfy, so...

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 01, 2023, 10:05:20 pm by roversdude »
Will Wrexham struggle with FFP or is that a thing of the past

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 01, 2023, 10:37:04 pm by Draytonian III »
I think it’s all going to end Welsh/Hollywood tears

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 02, 2023, 10:11:31 am by In the box »
With David Blunt and Co casts as the enemy on here , what are Rovers loses in comparison or is Gavin Baldwin’s Club Doncaster heading the club in the right direction?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 02, 2023, 07:02:50 pm by scawsby steve »
With David Blunt and Co casts as the enemy on here , what are Rovers loses in comparison or is Gavin Baldwin’s Club Doncaster heading the club in the right direction?

Is National North the right direction?

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 02, 2023, 11:14:48 pm by In the box »
I see Wrexham have made a loss of nearly £3m in just over a year. Not easy running a football club a
If we only had a millionaire at the club  :chair:

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 04, 2023, 10:05:51 am by Mike_F »
The way I see it a football club's losses are comparable to my losses on going out to matches with the lads or my dad's losses on his golf equipment and club membership.

Very rich people buy football clubs because it's their hobby or passion and they spend their money on it. The return they get is the pleasure of seeing their team competing to win things.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 04, 2023, 10:22:14 am by normal rules »
Between feb 2022 and Jan 23 Wrexham spent £163,500………..

……..On just agent fees.
Jesus.
That’s one quarter of the fees paid by all National Lge clubs combined.
Carlton Town spent just over 200 quid. Bless ‘em.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 10:25:03 am by normal rules »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 04, 2023, 10:25:57 am by silent majority »

……..On just agent fees.
Jesus.

The CEO at Wrexham has a really strong track record of putting clubs into administration, he’s done it 3 times so far!!

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 04, 2023, 03:01:49 pm by Upton Rover »
Not a bad loss to get back into the EFL

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 04, 2023, 03:07:21 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

……..On just agent fees.
Jesus.

""

The CEO at Wrexham has a really strong track record of putting clubs into administration, he’s done it 3 times so far!!

has he got a goldfish budget like Leed had

The extent of Leeds's lavish spending under their former chairman Peter Ridsdale became clearer yesterday as his successor picked through the baffling figures of his myopic reign. Profligacy ranged from colossal compensation packages for dismissed managers to a monthly sum spent on the goldfish in the chairman's office.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/may/21/sport.comment1

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 04, 2023, 08:01:53 pm by DonnyNoel »
I think there's a hefty chunk from Disney that won't hit the accounts til next FY. As above, whilst they may have deep pockets, similar to other owners, it's no easy task to get out of L1.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 04, 2023, 08:48:28 pm by roversdude »
The tuna magnate has struggled pmsl if they fail again

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 05, 2023, 04:09:35 am by rich1471 »
Bristol rovers just announced losses for the 21/22 season at 3.7 million with is huge when in league 2 and the season before in league 1 they lost 1.5 million ,clubs cannot keep losing this amount of money and stay a float

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 05, 2023, 07:54:26 am by DonnyNoel »
Ipswich lost £12.6m to finish mid-table in L1.

https://twitter.com/christoph_21/status/1643148408419434497

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 05, 2023, 09:00:41 am by Campsall rover »
Ipswich lost £12.6m to finish mid-table in L1.

https://twitter.com/christoph_21/status/1643148408419434497
That is crazy. Gates of over 20.000
Irresponsible ownership. Playing roulette with the Football Club.

Yes and I am very thankful to our owners inc David Blunt for running our Club in a financially responsible manner. Very thankful and appreciative.

What I am distraught about is the football decisions that have been made over the last 2 yrs or so.
Same mistakes being repeated and now when the most obvious decision needs to be made, NOTHING
Not a word, not one from the Chairman not one from the HoF

Yes keep the finances under control but investment needs to be made on the playing side, that’s obvious.
A budget that’s mid table in League 2  for a club our size is not acceptable. Bounce back decisively were our Chairman’s words last summer.

Having said that our budget was top 7 in August so this coach has failed miserably in hitting a play off place.
The football is the worst we have had to endure since 97/98 and in fact apart from that fateful season it is the worst I have seen at DRFC in my 48 yrs supporting this Club.

Great to have a sound balance sheet but Managers and players win football matches and unless we replace DS with an experienced Manager with a CV of previous success and give this Manager a budget at least top 5 in league 2 next season to give him the best opportunity to recruit 3/4/5 players who will turn this club into serial winners. Some players with some physicality and leadership skills.

Yes back to the 0P. Wrexham and others will prosper short term but will be in big trouble in a few years.
Either the owners will run out of money or will have debts they can’t service or both.
Slippery slope to nowhere.
If Bristol Rovers have lost over 3 million in one financial year then that’s scandalous.
Will be interested to see Salfords accounts, Stockport also and many others especially in the Championship and League 1.

Success is possible on a sensible budget if you have a great manager and coaches.
Accrington Stanley are the best example over the last 10 years. Success for them is mid table at very best in League 1
In reality success should be finishing out of the bottom 2 in League 2.

Stevenage, Barrow, Sutton, Harrogate , Morecambe, Burton, Cheltenham, Cambridge, all great examples. All much smaller clubs than us. All over achieving.

Common denominator. 
Well I don’t need to spell it out do i.  We all know. Does David Blunt Know? 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 09:04:10 am by Campsall rover »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 05, 2023, 09:39:18 am by Sprotyrover »

Is National North the right direction?
Scawthorpe Skorpions here we come!

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 09, 2023, 05:20:06 pm by les@donr »
Hope Notts County beat them tomorrow, will make the run in very interesting.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 10, 2023, 04:03:20 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Hope Notts County beat them tomorrow, will make the run in very interesting.

I had planned to watch this match at 5-30

can't believe it is a 3pm kick off   o-o at the moment  so no deal sadly

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 10, 2023, 04:06:11 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
update

oh no it isn't 0-0

Bostock of all people has scored and Barlow scored for us have we any more players starting with a B  ?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Wrexham Barnet v Wrexham
« Reply #28 on April 15, 2023, 02:12:23 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I have been watching this match from the 30th minute and Barnet are much the better team than Wrexham who can't string any passes together

Wrexham down to 10 men after Wrexham player kicked the golkeepers head when he was on the ground.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 15, 2023, 02:23:26 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Barnet should be winning this  Wrexham are very very lucky

90th minute Barnet player missed an absolute sitter that you wouldnt believe  :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

then a Barnet player has the shirt pulled off his back and no penalty.

result 0-0  and a very very very lucky point for Wrexham 

Parkinson just got a red card after the final whistle for being a nutter  and having a go at te taller barnet goalkeeper - but if a player sneakily kicks the goalkeepers head - the rules do say you should be sent off !! -- he has lost the plot - it shows he needs to change his underpants   (brown staines  he must think he is in Staines Middlesex !! )  :)

Notts County are live on tv at 5-30
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 03:00:40 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012