Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 01:42:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Where’s Copps?  (Read 9482 times)

redarmi66

• Forum Member
Where’s Copps?
« on May 12, 2023, 09:11:10 am by redarmi66 »
Great news re GM. Copps nowhere to be seen???

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: Where’s Copps?
« Reply #1 on May 12, 2023, 09:28:43 am by Copps is Magic »
How about you listen to the interview and get behind the club? And put to bed all this daggers in the back, gossip shit at least for five minutes.

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 12, 2023, 09:31:03 am by redarmi66 »
How about you listen to the interview and get behind the club? And put to bed all this daggers in the back, gossip shit at least for five minutes.
Ok! just wondered. Chill yer beans

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 12, 2023, 09:40:33 am by BigKeif »

I don’t think it’s daggers in the back to question where our head of football is with the announcement of our new manager? He was all over the Schofield announcement, I would have thought the same today?!

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 12, 2023, 09:50:50 am by redarmi66 »

I don’t think it’s daggers in the back to question where our head of football is with the announcement of our new manager? He was all over the Schofield announcement, I would have thought the same today?!

Thats all i was thinking! Listening to the interview GM refers to conversations with Gavin and David re the position. Mentions Copps later in the capacity of player recruitment. No daggers but this feels like this appointment has been taken off him. But what do i know

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 12, 2023, 09:53:33 am by BigKeif »

Thats all i was thinking! Listening to the interview GM refers to conversations with Gavin and David re the position. Mentions Copps later in the capacity of player recruitment. No daggers but this feels like this appointment has been taken off him. But what do i know

Yes, I would agree with that and hope everyone at the club is pulling in the same direction going forward.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 12, 2023, 10:06:30 am by Pliskin »
It's an important question. Our Head of Football Operations appears not to have lead on football operations for this decision.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 12, 2023, 10:08:55 am by Michael Shaw »
Could Copps stay on as a deputy manager and learn from McCann and gain experience? Especially if McCann was to ever leave again. McCann needs the freedom to build his squad without Copps tying his hands. Crazy, but just a thought... please don't shout at me.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 12, 2023, 10:10:54 am by Canadian Rover »
It's an important question. Our Head of Football Operations appears not to have lead on football operations for this decision.

Maybe he's going to see overall stuff. Youth development, link between the management and board, scouting, training schedules and facilities, managing support staff. Important stuff leaving the first team manager to focus on the first team.  That would be perfect!

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 12, 2023, 10:12:48 am by pib »
It is a strange one for sure, and does make you wonder if some changes have been made to Copps' role, or to his involvement altogether.

For the HOF only to be mentioned in passing by a new manager coming in, when he talks so much about the chairman and CEO is odd.

Obviously the ideal scenario is that they all (including Copps) come together and create a team that is greater than the sum of its parts and deliver success. Let's hope so.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 12, 2023, 10:39:21 am by Colin C No.3 »
I would have expected to have seen Copps somewhere in all the video shots I saw. Perhaps he was out recruiting?

Early days.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 12, 2023, 10:43:27 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Why does everything have to be so cloak and dagger and have a hidden meaning? Couldn't he simply be on holiday with his family now the season's over?

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 12, 2023, 10:46:00 am by keyser_soze »
I would have expected to have seen Copps somewhere in all the video shots I saw. Perhaps he was out recruiting?

Early days.

Close season isn't it, could well be having a couple of weeks away with the family.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 12, 2023, 10:46:55 am by pib »
Why does everything have to be so cloak and dagger and have a hidden meaning? Couldn't he simply be on holiday with his family now the season's over?

He could be. I don't really see the issue with people asking the question though at a time of such change at the club. It's plausible that with this change in direction, there might be other changes on the football operations side too.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 12, 2023, 10:48:05 am by keyser_soze »
Its an interesting point that McCann has been installed as Manager rather than Head Coach.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 12, 2023, 10:52:54 am by Drover »
When many was talking about the rumour of another change higher up and many was hoping it was Blunt stepping down from chairman to director or leaving,I did wonder if it was a change in Copps roll.Whether it is or not,I hope they can both put any differences if they have any,to bed,and worked together effectively.

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 12, 2023, 10:55:10 am by redarmi66 »

He could be. I don't really see the issue with people asking the question though at a time of such change at the club. It's plausible that with this change in direction, there might be other changes on the football operations side too.

Its not really cloak and dagger but being absent, not commenting and not being mentioned as a part of the recruitment process will obviously lead to questions. All that was needed was a statement from copps or one that included him somehow.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 12, 2023, 11:10:16 am by oggycompton »
Mentioned him a few times in the interview. I think people are reading too much into it. Possibly on holiday, speaking to future players, sorting out existing ones McCann wants to keep and vice versa telling unwanted players they are unwanted. Busy time for a football club May/June.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 12, 2023, 11:20:34 am by Pliskin »
It's Copps' job to lead on managerial recommendations and personnel changes.

The idea that he'd just be on holiday when arguably the biggest single decision he is meant to lead on and be accountable for is being made is laughable.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 12, 2023, 11:32:09 am by Cramby10 »
My guess is that he’s gone away to consider his options. And they’ll have told him his either with it or he’s not. I personally don’t think he’ll return. Only my opinion.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 12, 2023, 11:58:06 am by steve@dcfd »
I don’t see Copps being on holiday he’s got kids so part of his holiday will come with half term which two weeks away yet. We were going to talk to players this week about their release or contracts he would have been involved in that. So whatever is happening we will find out. We have a manager again therefore part of Copps role will be reduced.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 12, 2023, 01:10:37 pm by roversdude »
Is Cliff coming back too ?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 12, 2023, 02:04:36 pm by steve@dcfd »
It’s says so in an article I’ve read on DFP that Cliff will be joining

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 12, 2023, 02:06:08 pm by drfchound »
Am I right in remembering that after McCann left us that there was some bad blood between him and Copps.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 12, 2023, 02:33:42 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I’ve heard it before on here but never any detail so could be nonsense.

In the announcement video you’d be forgiven for thinking Baldwin is our Chairman or HoF as he seems to be the main man. Would of expected Copps to be one fronting it up.

I’m probably over analysing it like

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 12, 2023, 03:07:55 pm by TonySoprano »
Must admit he's a bit conspicuous in his absence, coupled to the rumours of a possible change at board level, it does make me wonder

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 12, 2023, 03:16:42 pm by Chris Black come back »
Hopefully getting his boots back on!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 12, 2023, 03:17:56 pm by DearneValleyRover »

The idea that he'd just be on holiday when arguably the biggest single decision he is meant to lead on and be accountable for is being made is laughable.

It was Gavin that played the major role in getting McCann back not Copps

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 12, 2023, 03:53:21 pm by Pliskin »

It was Gavin that played the major role in getting McCann back not Copps

That may well be true, but on paper this should be the responsibility of Copps' role as it was advertised.

That's why people are asking where he is in all this and if his role at the club has changed.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 12, 2023, 04:12:51 pm by Goole Rover »
Exactly.
Too many gloom and doom merchants on here I bet that the first page they read in the local paper is the obituaries.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012