Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:36:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Colchester United game  (Read 3148 times)

BVB

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Colchester United game
« Reply #30 on April 22, 2024, 07:17:55 pm by BVB »
I was at that last FL game against Colchester, they were getting promoted while we were relegated. There some Colchester fans in the main stand terrace near the drink kiosk goading home fans, a pc stepped in and told them off. Let’s get some revenge on Tuesday stuffing them 6-0 and give Sutton of staying up.

...wonder if Alan Brown's coming Tuesday night to chain himself to the goalpost  :laugh:

Shurley shome mishtake Herman - wasn’t that the Hull game?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 23, 2024, 05:32:47 am by karldew »
Looks like there’s 14 tickets left for this one! Not sure if they go off sale today or be available on the gate, even though that would be a bit risky with the distance and quantity left.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 23, 2024, 09:18:12 am by StocktonRover »
Im pretty sure there is at least 1 block (possibly 2) that were not released so it shouldnt be an issue for those that do decide late and pay on the day.

Setting off in about 4 hours and really looking forward to it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 23, 2024, 12:32:11 pm by drfchound »
I’m starting to get the pre match nerves now.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 23, 2024, 01:03:16 pm by ncRover »
Not only are Rovers odds against winning at Colchester (23/20), but they are 11/2 against getting promotion with Skybet. Worth looking at for both I reckon.

I got a bet on with SkyBet last week, 12/1 for promotion.

I did the same. The cash out is only £7.80 from a £5 bet, mental.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 23, 2024, 01:11:08 pm by drfchound »
Not only are Rovers odds against winning at Colchester (23/20), but they are 11/2 against getting promotion with Skybet. Worth looking at for both I reckon.

I got a bet on with SkyBet last week, 12/1 for promotion.

I did the same. The cash out is only £7.80 from a £5 bet, mental.

Early days yet nc.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 23, 2024, 05:15:27 pm by selby »
  To bring everyone back down to Earth, we will not get away with playing like we did on Saturday for 70 or so minutes again.
  They will be just as desperate as we are to win to allay thoughts of relegation, and we would be far better off trying to replicate our performance in the last twenty minutes of that game and go for it right from the start.
  That is what I am hoping for, and know it will be hard to repeat, but we have shown we are a decent side when at our best, and we will need to be at or somewhere near our best to finish off the season how everyone wants the season to end.
  No repercussions if we fail at the last hurdle from me, the ride has been great and now two hard games on the last lap, beyond imagination just two months ago when I was praying for just a three win run if you remember. just go for it lads what will be will be.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 23, 2024, 09:50:00 pm by selby »
Congratulations to all involved absolutely a brilliant effort and deserved apart from the odd moment we dominated that game, and we  have goals right through the team.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 23, 2024, 10:09:37 pm by Chris Black come back »
Fantastic performance tonight. They caused some real problems for much of the game. I thought ref was poor at times. We gave Akinde quite a few proper kicks without any bookings, and there were three occasions when our players got taken out but no cards. Maxwell at end was probably most obvious.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 23, 2024, 10:26:08 pm by ForsolongaRover »
I thought Fevrier looked a dangerous player. He certainly gave Maxwell a testing time in the first half. With a bit more tactical nous he should be very useful at this level and the one above.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 23, 2024, 10:43:42 pm by ForsolongaRover »
…and there was evidence of shooting accurately - very few wild attempts. In maintaining that target as the objective, goals will come even when shots are not at full power as they did today - all the result of controlled confidence and discipline and adherence to a plan.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012