Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 04:53:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Local Elections And Hartlepool  (Read 25482 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Local Elections And Hartlepool
« Reply #180 on April 14, 2021, 10:35:18 am by selby »
  Billy, the biggest difference is they might think their supporters are thick, but they don't constantly  tell them so publically like the labour party and some of their supporters on here.
  Really it is a question of who is the thickest and them doing the spouting about other people being uneducated thickos and throw the insults about are the thickest, and mainly Labour MP's and their supporters.
  How to make friends and influence people was highlighted after the referendum and old stabber being interviewed on Warterloo station waiting for the train to meet the EU leaders to try and overturn a democratic vote, the ultimate one for one vote of proportional representation the same silly buggers like yourself are still hoping to overturn.
  It didn't fall right did it so let's have another.  Oh first past the post hasn't worked for us for 15 years let's change it. Under Labours tenure changing boundaries in their favour didn't matter but it's wrong now. A broken record.
  The fact is Labour have had more thicko's than the Tories who are world wise to keeping power for years and are still building on it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 10:37:21 am by selby »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on April 15, 2021, 06:52:04 pm by foxbat »
Things the Tories have closed.
1,189 Sure Start Centres
100 NHS Walk In centres
600 Police Stations
675 Libraries
760 Youth Centres
470 Schools
50 Fire Stations
433 HMRC Tax Offices
100 Job Centres

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on April 15, 2021, 07:14:31 pm by DonnyOsmond »
1,189 Sure Start Centres
100 NHS Walk In centres
600 Police Stations
675 Libraries
760 Youth Centres
470 Schools
50 Fire Stations
433 HMRC Tax Offices
100 Job Centres

That's not fair. You're not including the things they've opened like the foodbanks.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on April 15, 2021, 10:09:39 pm by SydneyRover »
1,189 Sure Start Centres
100 NHS Walk In centres
600 Police Stations
675 Libraries
760 Youth Centres
470 Schools
50 Fire Stations
433 HMRC Tax Offices
100 Job Centres

That's not fair. You're not including the things they've opened like the foodbanks.

Come on selby tell us how this is a benefit, and why you vote for them?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on April 16, 2021, 05:19:46 am by Donnywolf »
1,189 Sure Start Centres
100 NHS Walk In centres
600 Police Stations
675 Libraries
760 Youth Centres
470 Schools
50 Fire Stations
433 HMRC Tax Offices
100 Job Centres

...not forgetting opening wallets and off shore Bank accounts for any commisions they were due from any cronyism ?

They will still win next GE though unless the opposition Parties unite

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on April 16, 2021, 09:57:30 am by MachoMadness »
Latest Yougov poll has labour 14 points behind, worse than their 2019 election result.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on April 16, 2021, 10:30:05 am by SydneyRover »
Well look at those on the left talking the party down, they are the ones enabling the tories.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on April 16, 2021, 11:16:26 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Labour will lose Hartlepool. They will also perform poorly in the local elections and any other subsequent elections over the next 12-18 months. The Tories are running high on the vaccine feel good factor and this will continue for the remainder of this year.

However, as we move into next year, the cost of Covid will become a reality and the economic squeeze will be felt across the country. History tells us that consecutive Tory governments have no issue with a unevenly spreading the burden of economic deficit across society. This is generally the period when they show their true colours of disdain of the working and middle classes. The challenge for the government is whether they can pinch enough from these people without losing votes? For Labour, this will be prime fodder for them to exploit. Can they do this whilst proposing a viable alternative? Harold Wilson was great at this, as was Tony Blair. I don’t see any reason why Kier Starmer can’t follow suit. Labour’s time will come.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #188 on April 16, 2021, 11:44:23 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I just had a visit from our labour councillor here who is quite active locally.  Had a good 10-15 minute chat and he was clearly quite clued up on issues affecting the village. A big topic of conversation was the local houses being built which he said they are powerless to prevent.  Food for thought on where to vote on that.  It's the only leaflet or visit we've had and I don't doubt it probably will be the last.  On balance in Doncaster I don't feel things are ran that badly personally.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #189 on April 16, 2021, 12:01:33 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
I just had a visit from our labour councillor here who is quite active locally.  Had a good 10-15 minute chat and he was clearly quite clued up on issues affecting the village. A big topic of conversation was the local houses being built which he said they are powerless to prevent.  Food for thought on where to vote on that.  It's the only leaflet or visit we've had and I don't doubt it probably will be the last.  On balance in Doncaster I don't feel things are ran that badly personally.

That’s good to know. When I left Donny in the early 80’s the local Council were not well thought of at all. I’m glad it’s not like that anymore. Interestingly, where I live in London our Lib Dem representatives are most active and will certainly be getting my vote. The Tory candidate is a nice bloke but I could never bring myself to vote for them.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on April 16, 2021, 12:06:49 pm by tommy toes »
I wouldn't mind, but the vaccine has very little to do with the Government despite them basking in the glory.
They didn't invent it and the NHS has planned the roll out.
Credit the Gov for getting in first and ordering millions, that's about it.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on April 16, 2021, 12:12:22 pm by tommy toes »
Armthorpe BFYP?
If so I probably posted the leaflet and know who you were talking to.
I'll be on the Parish Council from May with a new set of councillors and we've got big plans to improve the village.
Hopefully bottom up will be the way back to power..... eventually.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on April 16, 2021, 01:23:08 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Armthorpe BFYP?
If so I probably posted the leaflet and know who you were talking to.
I'll be on the Parish Council from May with a new set of councillors and we've got big plans to improve the village.
Hopefully bottom up will be the way back to power..... eventually.

Edenthorpe, but likely the same sort of issues given we are about to see the village boundaries brought together (ish).

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on April 16, 2021, 02:49:14 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Well look at those on the left talking the party down, they are the ones enabling the tories.

What

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on April 16, 2021, 04:18:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

What
In the latest YG poll, 13% of those who voted Labour in 2019 now say they'd vote Green.

I'd hazard a wild guess that these people aren't from the right wing of the Labour party...

It's the same depressing story as 2010, when folk on the Left wouldn't vote for Brown because...principles. And in acting that way, put Cameron into No10.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on April 16, 2021, 06:52:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »

What
In the latest YG poll, 13% of those who voted Labour in 2019 now say they'd vote Green.

I'd hazard a wild guess that these people aren't from the right wing of the Labour party...

It's the same depressing story as 2010, when folk on the Left wouldn't vote for Brown because...principles. And in acting that way, put Cameron into No10.

I'd vote for the Greens of there was an election tomorrow, that's just because so far Starmer has been very uninspiring.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on April 16, 2021, 08:06:17 pm by wesisback »

What

The same story as the last two elections when the full might of party itself, the media and the Centre ground colluded against the party. It put May and Johnson in Number 10 and looking at the polls today, despite all that, they managed to get a whole lot closer. 14% according to YouGov today. Labour would be 20 points ahead now if they had a competent leader.....

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on April 16, 2021, 08:18:37 pm by idler »
Who would that leader be though?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on April 16, 2021, 08:34:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Wes.

It's less than 2 years since Labour was securing 13% in a national election, and consistently scoring below 20% in opinion polls. Under the leader that you imposed on the party. Telling me it was your party now, when I suggested how it would pan out.

Anyone who blithely assumes that ANY replacement leader was going to take Labour into an overwhelming poll lead really doesn't get it.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on April 16, 2021, 08:44:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Wes.

It's less than 2 years since Labour was securing 13% in a national election, and consistently scoring below 20% in opinion polls. Under the leader that you imposed on the party. Telling me it was your party now, when I suggested how it would pan out.

Anyone who blithely assumes that ANY replacement leader was going to take Labour into an overwhelming poll lead really doesn't get it.

You can understand why people abandoned Labour when people make comments like this. :laugh:

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #200 on April 16, 2021, 08:49:40 pm by wesisback »
Wes.

Who do you think Starmer is going to appeal to? We're at a point now where Labour are losing voters from the left and the right. He's floundering in absolute no man's land with the vast difference this time that not only can I not see the left voting for Starmer at any point (nor does he want their vote) but for many I cannot see them regaining their vote again.
As idler has rightly pointed out, who now resides in between the soft right of KS and the left of JC who could provide an actual unity candidate? I look and I'm scratching my head.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #201 on April 16, 2021, 09:51:06 pm by tyke1962 »

What

I'm not comfortable in the fact you clearly don't value principles Billy , it's not a great look if the truth be told .

I'm also not comfortable in that you see the left of my background abandoning the Labour Party as far back as Gordon Brown .

I've personally held my nose and voted Labour for 24 years .

Just how much do you want us to concede before the whole thing becomes  death by a thousand compromises ? .

We should compromise just as long as it's folk like me doing all the compromising .

Starmer is uniting nothing , he's pulling the Labour Party towards Blair territory which is exactly what started the fragmentation in the first place within the former red wall .

That is exactly what he is , the illiegimate son of Tony Blair aided by Mandelson the man who is on the record as saying he undermined Jeremy Corbyn's leadership almost every day .

So who ensures we get a Tory government there then ? .

There is no righteousness to be had in the Labour Party , they are as equally as bad as the Tories .

The only difference is they go about being a bunch of shytehouses in a different way .

To make changes in this country , a fairer society , a more equal society you need people with a pair Billy .

Balls and brains is a pretty formidable attribute .

As much as I loath the women Thatcher had both and until Labour producers such a leader expect nothing to change any time soon .

If Thatcher was Starmer she wouldn't have dared take on the Trade Unions , do you see the point I'm making ? .

The balance in society needs to change just like Thatcher believed it did back in 79 .

We live in hope .

« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 10:05:11 pm by tyke1962 »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #202 on April 16, 2021, 10:10:35 pm by drfchound »
From a purely non political point of view, it isn’t too long ago that some posters on here were pontificating that Starmer was the man who would lead the Labour Party to a wonderful victory.
It would appear that might not be happening now.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on April 16, 2021, 10:38:39 pm by SydneyRover »
Just put the two people's names on a blackboard and make a list of the attributes you would want in a leader and tick them off, in a purely non-political way of course.

Honesty
faithfulness
competence
attention to detail
et f**king cetera

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on April 16, 2021, 10:42:07 pm by drfchound »
Public perception.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #205 on April 16, 2021, 10:48:51 pm by tyke1962 »
From a purely non political point of view, it isn’t too long ago that some posters on here were pontificating that Starmer was the man who would lead the Labour Party to a wonderful victory.
It would appear that might not be happening now.

Clearly in Starmer's case he promised many things , build on the narrative of a more fairer society which was Corbyn's tune but with a more credible face to attain the Labour leadership .

Only to become leader then turn the other way towards the Blair flavour of the Labour Party .

More fool me for thinking this London based pro EU tw@t was anything other than what he really is .

I won't be making the same mistake twice .

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #206 on April 16, 2021, 10:54:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I wouldn't mind, but the vaccine has very little to do with the Government despite them basking in the glory.
They didn't invent it and the NHS has planned the roll out.
Credit the Gov for getting in first and ordering millions, that's about it.

If the government hadn't got in first and ordered millions of vaccines the NHS wouldn't have had the volume of vaccines available to roll out!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #207 on April 16, 2021, 11:18:49 pm by SydneyRover »
And they should also get the credit for all the PPE orders also, don't cha think?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on April 16, 2021, 11:22:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Don't skip the subject, Skippy.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #209 on April 16, 2021, 11:31:42 pm by SydneyRover »
Don't forget to answer the comment or rally the troops simon

TinyPortal © 2005-2012