Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:26:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Be careful what you wish for.  (Read 2439 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Be careful what you wish for.
« on February 24, 2018, 08:20:31 pm by scawsby steve »
Last week, Tom Anderson was selected as part of the EFL team of the week, which is a great achievement for any player. If that had been Copps, Andy Butler, or Luke McCullough, some posters on here would have been having orgasms, yet not one person mentioned it, in fact, the lack of a warm welcome on this forum for Boyle and Anderson has, in my opinion, been nothing short of disgraceful. One poster even described them as ''horrendous'', when they'd only played one game. Yes, I know Andy Butler has had a great season, and Luke looks promising as a defensive midfielder, but people must have selective amnesia if they can't remember how utterly sh*te Andy and Luke were 2 seasons ago, as a centre back pairing. Opposing forwards were running straight past them and scoring, they were that slow. In the last 2 games, Anderson has been as solid as a rock, and when he went off today, the defence began to look increasingly fragile. Where was the marking for Rotherham's first goal?, and while I'm the first one to admit what a promising young centre back Joe Wright is, what the f*ck was he doing at the end?

I sincerely hope that Tom's injury isn't as serious as it looked, but if it is, I doubt we will see him in a Rovers shirt again, In the meantime, let's see how some of the ''golden balls'' defenders perform in the next few games.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Be careful what you wish for.
« Reply #1 on February 24, 2018, 08:27:19 pm by dickos1 »
Totally agree.
The criticism they've got has been ridiculous. Last week he scored two and kept a clean sheet and people were still suggesting he should be nowhere near the first team today.
He's been solid in every game and that penalty wouldn't have happened if it was him and not Wright

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 24, 2018, 08:28:42 pm by pib »
Haven't been convinced in previous weeks but both Boyle and Anderson looked good today.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 24, 2018, 08:32:08 pm by Donnywolf »
Totally agree.
The criticism they've got has been ridiculous. Last week he scored two and kept a clean sheet and people were still suggesting he should be nowhere near the first team today.
He's been solid in every game and that penalty wouldn't have happened if it was him and not Wright

Absolutely right. He would have Row zded it

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 24, 2018, 08:40:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Anderson has been really good and I think we could do with signing him up. Just a real shame he's got badly injured today and between now and when Butler returns I can see us being wobbly in defence.

I also think Fergies now got an excuse to bring Lawlor back in after Marosi gave the pen away. Cue more wobbly moments!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 24, 2018, 08:48:29 pm by Donnywolf »
Aye he looked back (quickly) saw the bloke coming and dived in his path. Probably could have shepherded the bloke away from goal and SURELY the Full Time whistle would have gone ?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 24, 2018, 09:28:13 pm by drfchound »
I said when Anderson went off that it was a big moment in the game, he had dominated their forwards.
He also would have belted that late ball into the crowd rather than take a chance with the pass back.

Never a pen though.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 24, 2018, 09:49:22 pm by RobTheRover »
Boyle was organising the entire back four today. I like him a lot.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 24, 2018, 09:53:07 pm by drfchound »
Boyle was organising the entire back four today. I like him a lot.

He looks good Rob, TBH, both Boyle and Anderson appear to be good signings.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 25, 2018, 12:20:22 am by balbyrover »
I think both new CBS have done quite well to be honest. They’ve had a couple of iffy moments but that is to be expected with the age and the fact that they are just getting use to the team. You have to appreciate how last minute they were brought in.

Yesterday was there best game for both by a county mile, last week they weren’t really tested by a poor Fleetwood outfit. Yesterday Anderson bullied their forwards out the game and it was a crying shame when he had to go off injured. He is a real no nonsense defender and I really hope it’s not the last we see of him as he may be worth a contract next season.

Boyle is more of a organised but he too looked very solid yesterday. They worked very well together.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 25, 2018, 07:39:37 pm by Campsall rover »
Totally agree.
I completely agree with you. Both Anderson and Boyle have done well in all the games. Even at Walsall where our midfield was non existent, and was the reason for 3 of the 4 goals conceded.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012