Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 10:47:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saturday night Quiz - for the older Fans I suppose ...  (Read 1140 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Saturday night Quiz - for the older Fans I suppose ...
« on February 24, 2018, 07:49:36 pm by Donnywolf »
.... except for me as I am asking without knowing the answer

Question : We were LITERALLY beaten by the very last kick of the Match. Apart from Penalty Shoot outs can anyone remember if that has ever happened before

Question : I know we have won at least 1 Game with the very last kick of the Match - but have we done it on any other occassion ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Saturday night Quiz - for the older Fans I suppose ...
« Reply #1 on February 24, 2018, 07:58:03 pm by Crowle Rover »

Re the one we won with the last kick of the match

I seem to recall a match that was against Middlesbrough on the Friday before Christmas in the Championship (believe it was 2011/2012 season)

Went 1 down,equalised, then in the 94th minute we won it.

Boro kicked the ball off then ref blew for time

Chuffing cold that night!!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 24, 2018, 08:04:47 pm by Donnywolf »

Re the one we won with the last kick of the match

I seem to recall a match that was against Middlesbrough on the Friday before Christmas in the Championship (believe it was 2011/2012 season)

Went 1 down,equalised, then in the 94th minute we won it.

Boro kicked the ball off then ref blew for time

Chuffing cold that night!!

Ah well not the last kick of the Match then - sorry . Today Rothers scored and that was literally the last kick of the Game

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 24, 2018, 08:18:20 pm by POD »
Francis Tierney, Doncaster Rovers v Dagenham & Redbridge, May 10th 2003, Britannia Stadium, Conference Play Off Final.... Literally the last kick of the game..... Unforgetable!!

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 24, 2018, 08:27:43 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Francis Tierney, Doncaster Rovers v Dagenham & Redbridge, May 10th 2003, Britannia Stadium, Conference Play Off Final.... Literally the last kick of the game..... Unforgetable!!

People often forget that the Playoff Final at Stoke was actually the second match that season that we won on sudden death, and the third in 3 seasons

We beat Rochdale 3-2 at Belle Vue in the LDV/AMC competition in 2000-01, Neil Campbell scoring the sudden death winner in the second minute of extra time.  In 2002-03 in the same competition we beat Scarborough away by 2-1 with Danny Hudson scoring the sudden death winner in the 13th minute of extra time.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 24, 2018, 08:34:22 pm by Donnywolf »

Yes that is correct - well the one I was thinking of and of course a Promotion Goal not a Golden Goal though it did the same job !

Any against us anyone !

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 25, 2018, 07:19:49 am by Donnywolf »

People often forget that the Playoff Final at Stoke was actually the second match that season that we won on sudden death, and the third in 3 seasons

We beat Rochdale 3-2 at Belle Vue in the LDV/AMC competition in 2000-01, Neil Campbell scoring the sudden death winner in the second minute of extra time.  In 2002-03 in the same competition we beat Scarborough away by 2-1 with Danny Hudson scoring the sudden death winner in the 13th minute of extra time.

Great memory DU - I am impressed as I barely remember things from this Season ! They have to be incredibly seared into my Grey Matter and yesterdays game WILL fall into that category for sure

As I came out I immediately wondered if we had been beaten by literally the last kick either a Penalty or goal from a Set Piece and I had no chance ! Would have been good if the Ref had done a Clive Thomas and blown the whistle just as the bloke took the Penalty ! Wonder if he added time on and what would have happened if the ball had rbounded into play

Anyway conjecture as it did not happen but I am intrigued to know if we have gone down to the last kick / head etc at any time. I dont recall it happening in any game I have seen but there are hundreds to go at !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012