Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:05:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whiteman to Preston ?  (Read 41925 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Whiteman to Preston ?
« Reply #30 on January 08, 2021, 06:48:11 pm by selby »
  Radio Sheffield always lean towards the other clubs in their area and have always treat us with the annoying fly on the nose syndrome.
  But things have changed a little now, it seems we are the only team with anyone seen worth buying by other clubs so they have to talk about us.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 08, 2021, 07:47:09 pm by drfchound »
To be fair
Radio Sheffield told everyone it was a done deal

......and didn’t Hoden suggest that it was happening too.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 08, 2021, 08:08:40 pm by Janso »
The media also suggested Billy Sharp had signed for Burnley - and did they not once intimate that O'Driscoll had agreed terms with them too.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 08, 2021, 08:23:26 pm by drfchound »
Dont believe everything you read then.
I guess that includes twitter.

Lalex

« Reply #34 on January 08, 2021, 08:30:14 pm by Lalex »
To be fair
Radio Sheffield told everyone it was a done deal

......and didn’t Hoden suggest that it was happening too.

Can't see anywhere where Hoden said it was happening. All he's said is that the bids are nowhere near the valuation

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 08, 2021, 08:39:29 pm by Filo »
The media also suggested Billy Sharp had signed for Burnley - and did they not once intimate that O'Driscoll had agreed terms with them too.

If I remember right it was Giddings then too

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 08, 2021, 09:13:21 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Dont believe everything you read then.
I guess that includes twitter.

Twitter- God bless America, the leader of the land of the free used it as his main source of outlet, look how that ended,  Best result him being banned. I really don't like the way social media has a real influence on peoples lives and attitudes. What is referred to as fake news whether in politics or sport is downright lies, call it what it is. Never got Twitter, Facebook etc. prefer a real discussion over a pint whenever we get back to some sort of reality.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 08, 2021, 09:48:41 pm by drfchound »
Roll on that day.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 09, 2021, 04:55:59 pm by northern soul »
Might as well stay with us and play in Europe next season after we won FA cup.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 09, 2021, 05:04:52 pm by silent majority »

If I remember right it was Giddings then too

He's not a friend of our club, that's for sure. Stirred up no end of rubbish over the years.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 09, 2021, 05:10:08 pm by dknward2 »
That's the reason hoden is trusted with certain info from the club while bbc Sheffield only get the minimum required

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 09, 2021, 05:15:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Both are prone to sensationalist headlines for obvious reasons so certainly we need to be cautious with anything, particularly the source of the info.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 09, 2021, 05:17:41 pm by colincramb »
Apart from locality, I really don’t know why Ben would want to go there. They are an average championship club with little ambition - a team we used to more than match in our championship days.

Unless we are absolutely desperate to sell (we are led to believe we aren’t) or, he’s absolutely desperate to leave (we are led to believe he isn’t) then why go? There will be plenty of options in the summer for him, whether we go up or not and we will probably get a better fee.

Unless either of the above applies then it makes little sense, given the position we are in

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 09, 2021, 05:20:13 pm by EasyforDennis »
Apart from locality, I really don’t know why Ben would want to go there. They are an average championship club with little ambition - a team we used to more than match in our championship days.

Unless we are absolutely desperate to sell (we are led to believe we aren’t) or, he’s absolutely desperate to leave (we are led to believe he isn’t) then why go? There will be plenty of options in the summer for him, whether we go up or not and we will probably get a better fee.

Unless either of the above applies then it makes little sense, given the position we are in

I think you need to consider how much they are prepared to pay him as well.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 09, 2021, 05:21:12 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
And also whether we like it or not are at least stable at a higher level with a bigger fan base.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 09, 2021, 05:22:37 pm by colincramb »

Absolutely true, but how they’ve got several million quid to spend after a year with no income is beyond me.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 09, 2021, 05:28:25 pm by silent majority »

Absolutely true, but how they’ve got several million quid to spend after a year with no income is beyond me.

But they're not offering several million quid, not yet anyway.

Locality and a Championship club is what's driving Ben.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 09, 2021, 05:29:52 pm by dknward2 »
Moore has just spoke after the game and reiterate that Whiteman missed due to recovery from covid taking longer and he 'blew up' in training on Friday

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 09, 2021, 05:32:00 pm by EasyforDennis »

But they're not offering several million quid, not yet anyway.

Locality and a Championship club is what's driving Ben.

Does that mean he wants to go?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 09, 2021, 06:06:49 pm by Chris Black come back »
What is strange is why leave now if only Preston is on offer? We have a decent chance of going up and he would be captain of that team, with option then to stay with us in Championship or move to another Championship club when his stock is even higher. The whole Preston move looks a waste for him. I don’t expect him to stay with us long term but as we are not in a rush to sell him, it would have thought he could wait a bit for a better offer for himself than Preston.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 09, 2021, 06:09:34 pm by godlike1 »
Plus were doing better than Preston in the cup for the 2nd time in only 2 seasons

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 09, 2021, 06:09:52 pm by silent majority »
What is strange is why leave now if only Preston is on offer? We have a decent chance of going up and he would be captain of that team, with option then to stay with us in Championship or move to another Championship club when his stock is even higher. The whole Preston move looks a waste for him. I don’t expect him to stay with us long term but as we are not in a rush to sell him, it would have thought he could wait a bit for a better offer for himself than Preston.

It doesn't make a lot of sense.

We're so early in the transfer window anything could happen, but if Ben wants to go there's only so much the club can do.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 09, 2021, 06:13:15 pm by mushRTID »

We're so early in the transfer window anything could happen, but if Ben wants to go there's only so much the club can do.

And if you know/are able to say....does he want to go there?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 09, 2021, 06:13:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
Maybe he is thinking that he can at least start there regularly so can showcase himself for he next step upwards. That is a sensible strategy but waste for himself if he is going there long term. They are never going to get promoted.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 09, 2021, 06:14:09 pm by godlike1 »

So it sounds like he wants out going by your last 2 messages sm? If so and as with jm better to let him go than not............but only for what we want.

Disappointed if I'm honest as he could have a promotion to his name if he holds tight

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 09, 2021, 06:15:41 pm by silent majority »

It seems he does.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 09, 2021, 06:19:13 pm by Michael Gibson »
About time the club stick to its principles and simply don’t let it happen until the expected fee is agreed, if not, what’s the point of extending contracts to simply give in, if Whitman was at pboro id guarantee he wouldn’t go for a Penney less than 4 million, can’t stand them but there transfer buisness is good.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 09, 2021, 06:21:24 pm by graingrover »
Covid fatigue can last for days ,weeks or months !

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 09, 2021, 06:29:35 pm by dknward2 »
If he wants to go and the right offer comes in then get rid ASAP so we can get players in who want to play here, you may think it sounds harsh but no room for sentiment.

I personally don’t think Preston would be the right move for him, if he stays and even if we don’t go up say we get playoffs but lose he will still have a pick of championship clubs wanting a young centre mid that can control a game the way we know he can

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 09, 2021, 06:30:00 pm by NickDRFC »

It seems he does.

Well that’s put an early end to any celebrations of today’s excellent win.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012