Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:13:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Blatant penalty !  (Read 29267 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Blatant penalty !
« Reply #210 on January 14, 2018, 06:33:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BST

You asked if Fergie was right to say that he would shoot refs.

He didn't say that.

Yes BB. Good boy. Have a sweetie.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #211 on January 14, 2018, 08:22:55 pm by selby »
  Can he say something like that after every match, the controversial assault on Copps is in every highlights,and has even been shown on Look North, Normally they are not shown.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on January 15, 2018, 10:03:32 am by ravenrover »
Looking around the Leagues there seems to have been some controversies at all levels this weekend:

Watford v Southampton. Watford player scores equaliser with his hand.

Newcastle v Swansea. Newcastle defender saves a goal with his hand.

Middlesbrough v Fulham. Boro denied a penalty as blatant as ours and then concede one from a dive (at least the diver should cop a ban over that).

Lincoln v Notts County. Cowley sent to the stands for protesting about a goal.

And just now... Bournemouth v Arsenal. Referee misses an Arsenal handball despite being perfectly placed.

Should give the FA food for thought, but I won't hold my breath. All referees involved (except at Lincoln) are full timers.
and how many different views and the use of slomo did you have to make those decisions, assuming you saw them all on tv that is? The ref has 1 chance in real time

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #213 on January 15, 2018, 11:00:45 am by The Red Baron »
I didn't. In fact I haven't seen a couple of them. I was pointing out that our game wasn't the only one with controversies.

Credit to the officials that the Liverpool v City game passed off without any and everyone was able to concentrate on the football.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #214 on January 15, 2018, 12:32:22 pm by roversam »
It just showed the copps penalty shout on sky sports and even David Ellary said it was a definite Penalty and he would have given it 😠

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #215 on January 15, 2018, 12:35:06 pm by The Red Baron »
It just showed the copps penalty shout on sky sports and even David Ellary said it was a definite Penalty and he would have given it 😠

It was Dermot Gallagher, but yes, he said he'd have given it.

Thing is, apart from the Three Blind Mice on Saturday and a few embittered Plymouth fans, who wouldn't?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #216 on January 15, 2018, 12:52:42 pm by Filo »
A big question has to be asked of the lino, it was under his nose and he never gave it

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on January 15, 2018, 01:37:42 pm by roversam »
Yes ht was Dermot Gallagher i Always get them mixed up cant think why 😯

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #218 on January 15, 2018, 01:43:13 pm by Campsall rover »
A big question has to be asked of the lino, it was under his nose and he never gave it
What makes it worse Filo is that these guys are called ‘ Assistant referees’ so why are they not assisting the ref. This is week in week out. It’s a not funny any more. It needs sorting.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #219 on January 15, 2018, 01:46:48 pm by Filo »
What makes it worse Filo is that these guys are called ‘ Assistant referees’ so why are they not assisting the ref. This is week in week out. It’s a not funny any more. It needs sorting.

I'm convinced the refs tell the lino's to leave certain decisions to them

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #220 on January 15, 2018, 02:30:13 pm by Dr Fundlekrotch »
They do, Filo.  When I reffed, years ago, there was one senior referee locally who always told his linesmen (as we were still called then) that he would take all penalty shouts and we were to give nothing.  I think that was his way of protecting his more junior colleagues, but every referee likes to do things a certain way

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #221 on January 15, 2018, 02:38:27 pm by colfromdonny »
Maybe the officials  should all be referees like in American football where they all have the same level of decision making.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #222 on January 15, 2018, 03:02:09 pm by Drover »
Maybe the officials  should all be referees like in American football where they all have the same level of decision making.
Thats exactly what I was thinking about yesterday.We have 4 officials,and none of them get a decision right?Why,because 3 three of them follow 1.They dare not disagree with him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #223 on January 15, 2018, 05:04:09 pm by drfchound »
Yes ht was Dermot Gallagher i Always get them mixed up cant think why 😯

It is a bit like getting your h and I mixed up on the keyboard. ;)

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #224 on January 15, 2018, 10:23:16 pm by roversam »
Smart ass 😊

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #225 on January 16, 2018, 06:01:03 am by roversdude »
Looking around the Leagues there seems to have been some controversies at all levels this weekend:

Middlesbrough v Fulham. Boro denied a penalty as blatant as ours and then concede one from a dive (at least the diver should cop a ban over that).

And just now... Bournemouth v Arsenal. Referee misses an Arsenal handball despite being perfectly placed.

Should give the FA food for thought, but I won't hold my breath. All referees involved (except at Lincoln) are full timers.
and how many different views and the use of slomo did you have to make those decisions, assuming you saw them all on tv that is? The ref has 1 chance in real time

Seriously Raven - you only needed one view from anywhere in the ground at real time to see that was the most nailed on penalty ever

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on January 16, 2018, 06:41:47 am by johnny rovers »

Seriously Raven - you only needed one view from anywhere in the ground at real time to see that was the most nailed on penalty ever

Why do we keep on insisting the decision was a penalty. A penalty is striking the ball from a given spot 12 yards from goal.

The referee should of blown for an obvious professional foul. He would of done if it was on the halfway line!!

There simply not enough penalty kicks awarded in football matches. There probably should be three or four every match due to the amount of professional fouls committed in the penalty box.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #227 on January 16, 2018, 07:52:41 am by Donnywolf »
a) because of Rule 14 of the FA

A penalty kick is awarded if a player commits a direct free kick offence inside their penalty area or off the field as part of play as outlined in Laws 12 and 13. A goal may be scored directly from a penalty kick. The ball must be stationary on the penalty mark.

So it should HAVE been a Penalty Kick which people have over the years shortened to Penalty. In fact if someone handles it on the Line (and its a defender not the Keeper) do you or anyone jump up and shout "Penalty Kick". I suspect you shout Penalty or even PEN at the top of your voice

c) You are right - there should be 10 a game. Still say Butler was hauled to the ground backwards by 2 defenders when up for a Corner (Kick) in second half. Ref ought to be made to give every pull back and shirt pull they see even if it resulted in 17 Penalty Kicks per game

The Players might then get the message. They made a start in Scotland a couple of Seasons back but it fizzled out after about 2 rounds of games

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #228 on January 16, 2018, 08:04:27 am by GazLaz »
The incident when Butler went to ground started outside the box, he waited till he was inside the box to go down.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #229 on January 16, 2018, 08:09:48 am by Donnywolf »
The incident when Butler went to ground started outside the box, he waited till he was inside the box to go down.

Cheers I only get the one view of course (from Half way) and have not seen it again anywhere

(Free Kick then maybe lol)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #230 on January 16, 2018, 08:15:49 am by Donnywolf »

Credit to the officials that the Liverpool v City game passed off without any and everyone was able to concentrate on the football.

I still reckon the goal that put Liverpool 2-1 up (and opened the floodgates) was a complete barge on John Stones similar to the one on Alfie Beestin in our game. Right between the shoulder blades and gaining the oppo Player an unfair advantage

On MOTD they said Stones should be "stronger" there etc etc so maybe they and others saw it differently to me as doubtless others on here will do.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #231 on January 16, 2018, 08:48:46 am by Campsall rover »
I agree with you, definite foul on Stones for me.
The inconsistencies in refereeing has never been greater than it is now.
The game is so much faster than it was 30/40 years ago.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #232 on January 16, 2018, 08:58:57 am by Donnywolf »
... and as I always say (and will continue to bore people on here no doubt) we need a Ref in each half

DF was right in one way saying Refs are "unfit" but maybe he should have gone on to say "in relative terms to the athletes they are chasing about these days"

Give them just a half each to rules over and things would improve somewhat but would still be open to errors like the foul on John Stones or the Penalty shout when Copps was fouled with the Refs ideally placed and one with a Lino exceptionally well placed as well

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #233 on January 16, 2018, 09:58:17 am by ravenrover »

assume you mean the foul on Copps? Don't think that one wss mentioned in the post I replied to.
As for the Copps foul they mentioned it back to NASA from the space station it  was that obvious

aussyroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #234 on January 16, 2018, 12:28:03 pm by aussyroy »
Is it me, or do the refs keep getting too far forward of the attacking team.
This is like the defending side having an extra defender, and cuts down the options for the attacking side.
IMO this spoils the game somewhat.
I'm shouting at the TV for the ref to get out of the way, the wife thinks I've gone mad  :sick:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #235 on January 16, 2018, 02:19:52 pm by Campsall rover »
... and as I always say (and will continue to bore people on here no doubt) we need a Ref in each half

DF was right in one way saying Refs are "unfit" but maybe he should have gone on to say "in relative terms to the athletes they are chasing about these days"

Give them just a half each to rules over and things would improve somewhat but would still be open to errors like the foul on John Stones or the Penalty shout when Copps was fouled with the Refs ideally placed and one with a Lino exceptionally well placed as well
But Donnywolf the Lino ( assistant ref ) was perfectly placed to see both penalties on Copps (Rochdale & Plymouth ) but still did not signal for a foul or speak to the ref.
That’s simply not doing your job. Incompetence. Anybody in a job making those kind of mistakes would be likely to get a written warning. Are the officials accountable enough. Most are certainly not fit enough. DF is not wrong.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #236 on January 16, 2018, 02:27:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I think I'm right in saying that some refs delegate fewer responsibilities to lino's than others. Maybe Saturday's lino was told not to get involved in penalty incidents.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #237 on January 16, 2018, 02:37:10 pm by Filo »
I think I'm right in saying that some refs delegate fewer responsibilities to lino's than others. Maybe Saturday's lino was told not to get involved in penalty incidents.

Then his job description should not be assistant referee, perhaps Touchline Moniter would be more fitting

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #238 on January 16, 2018, 02:42:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Then his job description should not be assistant referee, perhaps Touchline Moniter would be more fitting

Or linesman! I think some refs still treat them merely as linesmen. Perhaps the name change to Assistant referee was put in place to accommodate both sexes, instead of saying linesperson!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on January 16, 2018, 02:49:36 pm by RoversAlias »
It absolutely was done due to the gender reason.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012