Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:16:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Keepmoat pitch  (Read 4761 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
The Keepmoat pitch
« on February 14, 2010, 08:08:39 am by Filo »
For a pitch that was only re laid in the summer, the keepmoat pitch is in a shocking state, wheres all the grass gone?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RTID75

• VSC Member
Re:The Keepmoat pitch
« Reply #1 on February 14, 2010, 09:10:59 am by RTID75 »
Aye,it is cutting up a bit now isn't it? No doubt down to being wet so much what with all the snow and rain of late.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 14, 2010, 09:13:34 am by Filo »
It`s not just the cutting up, it`s the lack of grass, at the moment it`s starting to look like rolled mud!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 14, 2010, 09:24:36 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
They all are though.  The cold weather's having a real effect.  Look at some of the highlights from last night's football league show, most pitches are the same and some are even worse.  There's just no growth without the sun and I expect the pitch spends half the time under cover at the moment.

deebee

« Reply #4 on February 14, 2010, 09:48:31 am by deebee »
The Keepmoat pitch is under cover most of the time . We had a stadium tour about 10.30 Sat morning and they were just taking the covers off then. I agree with the last post , our pitch is in a lot better state than many others looking at all the highlights last night.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 14, 2010, 10:13:17 am by Muttley »
Did you see the state of Stockport's pitch? Hardly a blade of grass to be seen.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 14, 2010, 10:28:07 am by The Red Baron »
Stockport share with Sale Sharks. Rugby Union is much more damaging to the grass than League (and is played throughout the winter) so I can see why their pitch is in such a state.

I'm no expert on grass/ turf but it seems obvious that the cold, wet winter has taken its toll. With no sign of a change to warmer conditions, I think the overnight covering will need to stay in place and there probably won't be a lot of sunlight.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 14, 2010, 10:35:11 am by Muttley »
The Red Baron wrote:
Stockport share with Sale Sharks.

Not much \"sharing\" going on in that relationship. Sale have forced Stockport to postpone games due to the weather (and even play at Macclesfield I think) and then proceeded to play on the pitch themselves a couple of games later.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 14, 2010, 12:16:30 pm by GazLaz »
Ground staff not up to the job.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 14, 2010, 12:36:46 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Should be laying straw and sand like in the good old days, not to mention planting early spuds. Either that or get one of those new fangled nylon carpets layed down.

Andy Thompson

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 14, 2010, 02:49:29 pm by Andy Thompson »
GazLaz wrote:
Ground staff not up to the job.

Obviously not!

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 14, 2010, 07:13:22 pm by Mike_F »
Nah, they're all Kitsons. If I knew were they lived I'd egg their windows. Anyway gotta go, I'm nipping up to One Stop. Cluck cluck! :evil: :evil:  :P

Andy Thompson

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 15, 2010, 12:03:22 pm by Andy Thompson »
They have run out of eggs i checked!!

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 15, 2010, 12:22:04 pm by nightporter »
The season starts just as the grass stops going so theres not much you can do. If you started football from scratch you wouldn't start the season in August and play through the shite weather.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 15, 2010, 12:47:37 pm by CusworthRovers »
Agreed. I was going to mention this a few weeks ago but opposite to this thread ie 'Anybody notice how good the KM pitch looks'. Having seen a few cow fields that Donny have played on and the ones on the telebox recently, I still think the KM pitch is playing well for this time of year and compared to recent few years. It is understandable for the time of year and we now have The Dons playing on it. But as said, other than where the lino runs up and down, the rest is pretty good compared to many.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 15, 2010, 02:06:20 pm by Filo »
I certainly think the pitch has suffered since the snow was shovelled off, I think alot of grass was removed along with the snow

TinyPortal © 2005-2012