Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:22:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: QPR. And Kenny.  (Read 4698 times)

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
QPR. And Kenny.
« on September 25, 2010, 07:54:34 pm by Wokingviking »
3-0 flattered them tbh.  The second goal killed us but they clearly handballed it in the move that got the penalty.  Actually, Rovers played really well.  Dumbaya looked good again (bit of Shaun Wright-Philips about him). Good turn-out and support from the fans, perhaps around 600 or so (?).  We were worthy of a draw, so nothing to be too down-hearted about.

Paddy Kenny is a complete pillock though; I'm sure others on here will elaborate, but he obviously gets off on taunting the away fans.  If he had a brain cell, he might work out that (statistically) there must be at least one psychopath that he is going to upset at some point - and maybe not live to regret it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re:QPR. And Kenny.
« Reply #1 on September 25, 2010, 07:57:43 pm by MrFrost »
A bit like Billy likes taunting opposition fans?

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 25, 2010, 08:07:15 pm by Surrey Rover »
Wokingviking wrote:
3-0 flattered them tbh.  The second goal killed us but they clearly handballed it in the move that got the penalty.  Actually, Rovers played really well.  Dumbaya looked good again (bit of Shaun Wright-Philips about him). Good turn-out and support from the fans, perhaps around 600 or so (?).  We were worthy of a draw, so nothing to be too down-hearted about.

Paddy Kenny is a complete pillock though; I'm sure others on here will elaborate, but he obviously gets off on taunting the away fans.  If he had a brain cell, he might work out that (statistically) there must be at least one psychopath that he is going to upset at some point - and maybe not live to regret it.

Good account of the match but in fairness to Kenny when you have to listen to taunts of being a kiddy fidler amongst everything else that was aimed his way this afternoon then who can blame him?

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 25, 2010, 08:21:58 pm by acacia94 »
With a 3-0 scoreline its difficult to claim a good game - but it was.
First half we shaded it. We left the blocks at full tilt and the first 10-15 mins were played at breakneck speed.
They looked very good. Very big, physical side that could also play a bit. Their play down the middle and out wide was sharp and they looked dangerous though they didn't really put us under shed loads of pressure. O'Connor and Martis (thought he was terrible at watford) were really solid. Shelton has massively improved in a very short number of games.
There weren't bags of chances on either side but they took em and we didn't.
As for Joseph Patrick Kenny. I thought long and hard about his antics today and I'd have to say if he played for us you'd just piss yourself. What a cheeky young scamp - not seen a wind-up merchant like that since, well, a certain Jamie Patterson used to play down the left hand side for a very unfashionable Northern pub side. Its damned annoying of course if you're on the end of it and the goals are sailing at the other end, but, come on - that was rage inducingly irritating, beautifully done, and damn right funny all in one hit. Imagine him and Uncle Neil Warnock in the pub together?

Fulham Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 25, 2010, 08:40:11 pm by Fulham Rover »
On the walk back to White City tube overhead some QPR fans saying that we were the best team by far that they had played all season! Some compliment from a team top of the table.

Thought we were excellent today. The results will come if we keep that level of performance up.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 25, 2010, 09:00:29 pm by Wellred »
Interesting comments on the QPR board

Donny were excellent in the first half - they need a goalscorer and they would be real contenders.

Donnie did well, scrapping the woodwork twice, but I was struck by their otherwise poor finishing - or was that down to our defending?

Not really saying anything we don't already know are they?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 25, 2010, 09:02:12 pm by MrFrost »
Wellred wrote:
Interesting comments on the QPR board

Donny were excellent in the first half - they need a goalscorer and they would be real contenders.

Donnie did well, scrapping the woodwork twice, but I was struck by their otherwise poor finishing - or was that down to our defending?

Not really saying anything we don't already know are they?

We have bought our goalscorer. That's the worrying thing!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 25, 2010, 09:06:04 pm by wilts rover »
Agreed to all of the above. I was chatting to a couple of QPR fans on the train back to Hayes and they were very complimentary about us, said we should have been ahead at halftime and that 3-0 was flattering. But that is the difference in this league, capitalise on the other teams mistakes and put your chances away when you get them.

Other thoughts:
to let in two goals to set pieces is disappointing

Shiels had the best game I have seen him play for quite while, looked dangerous when running at players going forwards and tracked back very well

45 minutes of anti Paddy Kenny chants was 40 minutes too much (he was doing it for the attention you gave him)

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 25, 2010, 09:57:43 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
I don't understand why fans think they can hurl abuse at a player for 90 minutes, include calling him a peado, and expect him to not give some stick when they score.

He had the last laugh.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 25, 2010, 11:00:28 pm by acacia94 »
Its also one thing to stand in a crowd of a few hundred like minded souls, hurl a barrage of stuff at one bloke, accuse him of stuff you wouldn't dare if you were face to face - quite another to be stood on your own with your back to your 'accusers' for 85 mins and still manage to put in a performance like that today. Kenny today rubbed me up badly - but it was genius. It's everything you want - or at least want from your keeper when you're on your way to 3-0. He's loving it - can't remember but I think he's let in 2 goals this season - he's 32 years old, on a smart contract, back with Uncle Neil and like a dog with 3 dicks. Lets face it Mr Sullivan is a strong contender for wind up merchant of the year. He's a master of the Peter Kay 2 fingered salute to the opposition. We shouldn't get too worked up when we're on the end of it - like today.
We should have had some smarter, more clever vitriol today (we've done it before) but I guess it's a bit of a bugger when you're 3-0 down.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 26, 2010, 12:55:33 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
As has been said already, we played well today.

We took the game to QPR from the off and totally dominated them until their second went in and then it was game over.

\"The best team lost.\" was what one QPR fan said to me.  :(  . He was right too.

Sharp worries me. He doesn't seem to chasing down balls and harassing the defenders like he did last season. A few occasions today he seemed to give up on balls where if he had been persistent he could have maybe nabbed a half chance.

Otherwise, Martis was solid and Dumbuya didn't put a foot wrong. Oster the best player on the pitch by a mile.

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 26, 2010, 02:29:08 am by DubaiRover »
acacia94 wrote:
Its also one thing to stand in a crowd of a few hundred like minded souls, hurl a barrage of stuff at one bloke, accuse him of stuff you wouldn't dare if you were face to face - quite another to be stood on your own with your back to your 'accusers' for 85 mins and still manage to put in a performance like that today. Kenny today rubbed me up badly - but it was genius. It's everything you want - or at least want from your keeper when you're on your way to 3-0. He's loving it - can't remember but I think he's let in 2 goals this season - he's 32 years old, on a smart contract, back with Uncle Neil and like a dog with 3 dicks. Lets face it Mr Sullivan is a strong contender for wind up merchant of the year. He's a master of the Peter Kay 2 fingered salute to the opposition. We shouldn't get too worked up when we're on the end of it - like today.
We should have had some smarter, more clever vitriol today (we've done it before) but I guess it's a bit of a bugger when you're 3-0 down.

agree entirely I had a disagreement with Dovers keeper many years ago, but with age and wisdom comes a certain amount of respect and if he was abused as stated I would only have more respect,well doin (max n)Paddy for entertaining the crowd. Abuse yes but take the shit as well,if you want to throw then damn well take it without crying like a baby.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 26, 2010, 09:38:07 am by German Rover »
DubaiRover wrote:
acacia94 wrote:

agree entirely I had a disagreement with Dovers keeper many years ago, but with age and wisdom comes a certain amount of respect and if he was abused as stated I would only have more respect,well doin (max n)Paddy for entertaining the crowd. Abuse yes but take the shit as well,if you want to throw then damn well take it without crying like a baby.

Typical football fan though, how many time s do you hear people have reported players to the police for telling them to f**k off, when for the last two hours they have called them everyname under the sun.  Take lee bowyer last week a punter gave him a load of stand up abuse and he told her where to go.  Just to make it brilliant she then said he was a bad role model to her son sat at the side of her, the same son who has just seen his mother abusing someone for no real reason at all. Send me back to germany its all a bit more sensible over there.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 26, 2010, 01:21:59 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I thought he handled most of the taunting ok it was only really  when the chants of kiddy fiddler started did he turn, hold his hands upwards and basically say what the fcuk

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 26, 2010, 03:07:57 pm by Jonathan »
Kenny took it all well. As a fan it winds you up when players have a go (back) but they're only human and I think it's refreshing to see them rise to the bait in the right way. He took some stick, gave some back, it's a good part of the game. No complaint from either side as far as I'm concerned.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 27, 2010, 01:48:10 pm by RobTheRover »
To be fair, when we won at Bramwell Lane 2 seasons ago, Kenny turned and applauded the Rovers fans behind his goal.

I like the bloke.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 27, 2010, 02:01:25 pm by wing commander »
I thought he was a top bloke saturday,we were given his fondness for night nurse a airing or two and he took it well,then when they scored he turned round and gave it back.Fair play cant argue with that.
 I was more annoyed with the clowns behind us who then pushed it one step to far with the other stuff they were singing.Sought of spoilt the banter for me that did...

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 27, 2010, 02:06:42 pm by Barmby Rover »
Kenny is one of a very small band nowadays, a real character who enjoys the whole game including the crowd. The trouble is that there are always one or two idiots with only half a brain cell which they share between twenty or so in turns that can't handle real banter and can only scream revolting abuse.

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 27, 2010, 03:03:56 pm by ferribyrover »
Paddy Kenny obviously heard many of the comments, and later gave some back. So be it.
Walked back to Hammersmith after and some QPR fans told us \"don't worry, you're the best team we've sin darn ere this season\".

TinyPortal © 2005-2012