Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:20:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: QPR in trouble?  (Read 2125 times)

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
QPR in trouble?
« on November 17, 2013, 12:22:15 pm by rover-n-out »
Just read this article on Yahoo News regarding QPR overspending. Doesn't look good for them if implemented. Still, serves 'em right.

Quote:
The London club suffered huge financial losses after signing a host of high-profile players during their attempt to survive in the Premier League last season.

The likes of Chris Samba, Park Ji-Sung, Julio Cesar and Loic Remy – some of whom are still owned by the club – all collected huge wage packets during the 2012/13 campaign.

Now the Mail on Sunday reports that QPR racked up debts of £80m during their time in England’s top flight and will be fined by the Football League for overspending.

Under rules of Financial Fair Play, clubs will now be taxed on their losses. And in essence QPR will pay a £1 fine for every £1 they lose during the 2013/14 financial year, over the figure of £18m.

Rangers, who are two-thirds owned by Tony Fernandes and one-third by the Mittal Family, are expected to record another huge loss this season. If said losses are £80m then the fine will be in the region of a massive £62m – which is almost all of what the club would receive for gaining promotion into the Premier League.

“This is the first season in which clubs will ultimately face sanctions [for over-spending],” a Football League spokesman told the Mail on Sunday.

If Harry Redknapp’s side are promoted back to the Premier League this season then the fine will be imposed in 2015, according to the Mail on Sunday. If they fail to make promotion, however, then the fine could be postponed but they would be hit with a transfer embargo. Unquote:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: QPR in trouble?
« Reply #1 on November 17, 2013, 12:30:31 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I may be wrong but I believe relegated clubs get a season grace don't they?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 17, 2013, 01:01:01 pm by Dare to dream! »
I think they're gambling on getting promoted this year, if not looks as though they will be in trouble.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 17, 2013, 01:34:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
A question. 

Anyone know where the fine money goes to?

In an ideal world, it would be distributed to the other members of the FL who stuck to the rules.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 17, 2013, 01:36:44 pm by bedale rover »
I may be wrong but I believe relegated clubs get a season grace don't they?

Not according to that article in the mail they stand to be fined £62m!!!
They deserve it for being dim!

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 17, 2013, 01:38:46 pm by bedale rover »
A question. 

In an ideal world, it would be distributed to the other members of the FL who stuck to the rules.

Again according to the mail it will go to charity

Should go to boost grassroots football especially seeing as the FA don't want to do it

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 17, 2013, 01:47:18 pm by RedJ »
A question. 

I must admit I thought the same, unless I misinterpreted what I've read in the past.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 17, 2013, 02:09:44 pm by ravenrover »
So they overspend in The Premiership but are going to be fined in The Championship!!!.......... not a cat in hells chance. Their Lawyers will be getting their wigs out now JMHO.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 17, 2013, 02:22:01 pm by bedale rover »
So they overspend in The Premiership but are going to be fined in The Championship!!!.......... not a cat in hells chance. Their Lawyers will be getting their wigs out now JMHO.

But they are STILL overspending in the Championship
They shouldn't have a leg to stand on the FFP  rules apply as soon as you are relegated
You have to agree to them to be in the league so they are stuffed

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 17, 2013, 02:52:29 pm by ravenrover »
So that's them and how many more in the Championship? Blackburn? Bolton? Derby? Leicester? Reading? Wendies? Now if it was TLO DRFC or any of the other minnows then that would be a different scenario. As I said let them try it with one of "The Big Fish" and the courtroom battle will be going for years. JMHO

hayters_head

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 17, 2013, 03:13:12 pm by hayters_head »
A question. 

this would be the common sense stance, yet I doubt the likes of Doncaster Rovers will receive such money from the F.A

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 18, 2013, 05:34:44 am by DearneValleyRover »
Forest are over spending and their stance is that FFP isn't legal and they are prepared to take the FL on over it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012