Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:07:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: QPR V Man City...that disallowed goal  (Read 1965 times)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
QPR V Man City...that disallowed goal
« on November 14, 2014, 03:46:23 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
I see that QPR are to be charged by the FA  for failing to control players after the referee disallowed that goal last weekend. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30042447).

Hands up who knows how many Laws of the Game there are. Seventeen you say? Got it one! Easy ain't it? Now, what does Law 13 say about free kicks inside the penalty are?
"- If, when a free kick is taken by the defending team from inside its own penalty area, the ball is not kicked directly out of the penalty area, the kick is retaken"
Again, easy innit? So how come professional footballers, such as those QPR players, found it necessary to surround Mike Dean, the referee, who then had to explain to them in words of one syllable or less, what the Law was about? You really could not make it up, eh? Players earning obscene amounts of money and not being aware of one of the basic laws of football.   :headbang:

And while I am a fan of Harry Redknapp even he was reduced to saying" It's a bit harsh when you look at it" Oh, come on Harry, ask yourself how would you have reacted if the incident had happened at the other end? You would have been the first to slag off the referee, complaining that the goal should never have been allowed to stand because it infringed Law 13! :facepalm: The referee got it absolutely right and still the manager moans. Hypocrisy? You really could not make it up!

One of the problem with players, managers and coaches is that they have no respect for the integrity of the game, unlike those who are involved with, say, both codes of rugby. How often do you see rugby players surround the referee and argue the toss about decisions on the field of play? Answer: hardly at all, because they are coached into accepting the referee's decisions - right or wrong - as well as having respect for the game itself. Footballers? They make me heave at times.

And family and friends still don't understand why my  60+ year's love affair with the game is fast-comng to an end!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:50:22 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: QPR V Man City...that disallowed goal
« Reply #1 on November 14, 2014, 04:49:26 pm by Wellred »
I agree Wilts......................however, why do Manchester United not get charged with the same offence when their players and one in particular do it constantly?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 14, 2014, 05:15:16 pm by IDM »
Football should adopt the system used in Rugby Union where only the captain consults with the referee.

I can't ever see it happening but I would like to see it.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 14, 2014, 05:30:27 pm by Wellred »
It would be a good start if the "Respect" campaign actually meant what it says.
There is no respect whatsoever where referees are concerned.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 14, 2014, 05:51:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Doesn't surprise me that Austin doesn't know the Laws. He's as thick as a bucket of monkey spunk.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 14, 2014, 06:19:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It would be a good start if the "Respect" campaign actually meant what it says.
There is no respect whatsoever where referees are concerned.

Totally agree with that and I bet the vast majority of football fans want to see the game cleaned up. In the Rugby internationals last weekend, a prop forward was heard to call the ref 'Sir'. The Rugby refs (in both codes) talk a lot more to the players throughout the game. Football can learn so much from the Rugby codes. Timekeeping would be a bloody start!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 14, 2014, 06:29:07 pm by IDM »
Doesn't surprise me that Austin doesn't know the Laws. He's as thick as a bucket of monkey spunk.

You are familiar with the viscosity of simian seminal fluid then BST??

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 14, 2014, 06:32:49 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Totally agree Wilts.
And our Manager sets the players a great example doesn't he??

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 14, 2014, 06:38:14 pm by Donnywolf »
Football should adopt the system used in Rugby Union where only the captain consults with the referee.

I can't ever see it happening but I would like to see it.

I would like to see it too BUT as Wellred alludes to (I think) Rooney referees EVERY game he plays and Man U make him Captain .... he was  bad enough B4 they made him Captain ... now he has a license to do the remonstrating with no repercussions !

SICK

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 14, 2014, 07:30:54 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Totally agree Wilts.

Very true, mfd.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 14, 2014, 07:31:48 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
I agree Wilts......................however, why do Manchester United not get charged with the same offence when their players and one in particular do it constantly?

I just wonder who you are referring to, Wellred!

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 14, 2014, 07:33:39 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Bloody 'ell, Billy, your comments do leave a nasty taste in the mouth sometimes!

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 14, 2014, 10:33:17 pm by boro_rover »
IDM, did they not trial that idea last season? I thought they were still supposed to be running with it, although it's getting back to the old times again.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 14, 2014, 10:53:06 pm by RobTheRover »
Totally agree Wilts.

To be fair,  the poi t is about attitudes in the game,  not specific examples. Yes,  PD argues the toss,  as does just about every other manager in every league (apart from kids leagues where the Respect campaign actually seems to be,  well,  respected)

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 14, 2014, 11:15:33 pm by godlike1 »
I needed the replay to tell he had done it to be honest so I've no idea how the ref saw it

It's the FA carrying out the easy punishments as usual and not punishing the big clubs who do this sort of thing all the time.

I wonder what the point of the FA is to be honest as I can't think of any real good that they do for the english game at all

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 14, 2014, 11:22:46 pm by BobG »
They haven't done any good since, at the very least, the beginning of the 1980's. The decisions about the premiership were incompetant, the decisions about televising matches were corrupt - and they've gone downhill from there.

Some of you will remember the complaint I often aired during our troubles with Firestarter: the FA's charter obliges them to care for the wellbeing of football 'at ALL levels' in England. Yes. You read that right: 'at ALL levels'. Can't say as I've noticed much of that this last 25 years.

BobG

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 15, 2014, 01:09:26 am by ravenrover »
The linesman actually advised the ref that Hart had double kicked, credit to the ref that he did actually know the law. I see that the Sky pundits hadn't got a Scooby about the law and were a little red faced afterwards

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 15, 2014, 09:03:05 am by hoolahoop »

Nowt gets in the way of a sly kick at Man U when EVERY other team does the same thing. Tells me a lot about you Wellred !

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 15, 2014, 12:43:13 pm by Wellred »

Nowt gets in the way of a sly kick at Man U when EVERY other team does the same thing. Tells me a lot about you Wellred !

Nothing sly about it Hoola. They and Rooney are the worst offenders.
That open enough for you?
I know you are a Man Utd fan but even you must surely acknowledge they are the worst offenders.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012